Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

indigi posted:

thanks for the detailed answers about arm strength!

another QB question: has anyone who holds onto the ball too long/takes too many sacks ever developed out of that? I can't remember any QBs making a significant improvement in that area, it seems like a trait that's almost locked in and can only be managed with scheme

Captain fatfuck went from holding the ball for 13 seconds while shrugging off 300lb d-linemen until his receivers uncovered to ball out of his hands in under 2 seconds by the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Yeah he needs to last to 37!!

If he's there at 20, I can't see the Steelers passing on him. The need is dire, and 99% of Steelers 1st round picks are linemen or linebackers

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Play posted:

Yeah I don't get the hate, it's just combining available testing numbers in one place and assigning a score. About as objective as it gets, just don't take it as gospel in terms of them being great players or some poo poo and you'll be fine.

I don't know I remember L'Jarius Sneed and Tariq Woolen being big time combine performers in terms of size and speed, both taken after pick 100 and both hugely outperformed their draft slot. Then guys who performed in college but didn't test well who were drafted high and ended up disappointments.

Of course you can find examples of any scenario but size and speed is pretty drat important in a corner, not necessarily the most important thing but you gotta have at least some of it. Especially in the later rounds, there are much worse strategies than taking a chance on pure athleticism and possibly unmet potential, especially in young prospects.

I'm actually not crazy about tackles being insanely tall. Long arms is nice, solid body is nice, but I would say I prefer shorter legs and slightly shorter height overall because being super tall makes it very easy for pass rushers to get under you and very difficult to win that battle of leverage. In fact after a cursory look the current best tackles in the NFL are mostly 6'4 or 6'5. Which could just be because super tall guys are more rare, but just biomechanically I think there is a point at which further height is counterproductive.

Giant Left Tackles rule. 6'9" Alejandro Villaneuva didn't even become a tackle until he he was almost 30, and for like 5 solid years, he was the best LT I'd ever seen on the Steelers

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I can't see the Steelers passing on Mims if he's still on the board at 20. JPJ would be the consolation prize. Brian Thomas is nice, but that's the kind of guy that falls to the Steelers in the 2nd round every year