Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i asked about some prospects, ended up inspiring this great thread. no big deal. really hoping to get one of the top 2 safeties if this season ends not very well which it's trending toward. or stover

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah i'll take odunze... or somebody like that with the 39th pick. bastard

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Treat Odunze well, I think he’d be a great fit with Burrow. Odunze is great at working those layered throws between coverage.

i'll trade back to 15 and take him there to be safe and wrap him up in safe material with a big kiss. thank you my beautiful bubby

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well everyone. i don't want to accidentally make a simple rib between sweet and cute gentlemen appear as something else and i am just not sure where i stand on the post that i'd made. i think it would feel appropriately comfortable between friends, but possibly not so between acquaintances, so i've decided that you can please read the following lovely post by 'Probably Magic' rather than this.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 3, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Doltos posted:

i like to move it move it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they test qbs based on how fast they can slide the mouse pointer across the screen using the spank the monkey flash game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

these wrs like to move it move it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i found it man. i loving found out all the information

last draft top 10 wr average: 5'10", 191 lbs
2024 pff big board top 10: 6'1⅞, 202 lbs

i did it for us

they have johnny outside the top 10 brother. they hosed it up

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i fixed it. i took out the thinnest little piece of crap and i put mr. wilson in there. now this class is averaging 6'2.5" and 209 pounds

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm wanting the widest guy possible too. or at least the second widest

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no harm, no foul. *smiles warmly* sociology and business majors are often interchangeable in practice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the post below this quoted a post that i didn't see that part of the post. and that quoted post says what i was trying to have on here. there is no drat reason for this. I'm hosed and I'm loving off

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 27, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when it's my turn i want the best guy left. On the big big board

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well i need the 18th best guy, or whoever is better than that but didn't get picked. i'm gonna "get it"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i quickly refuted the troll's ludicrously incorrect claims, then went on the offensive against the attempt after realizing what was going on. keep it up little perpetrator and one day when you're good enough we might share a knowing glance

i wonder what pick kris jenkins will go at

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was right about cody kessler

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MrLogan posted:

A lot of us in TFF had Lamar as the #1 QB in that draft class, iirc.

E: I had Lamar, Rosen, Darnold, in order. Obviously very wrong about Rosen.

these sort of things change a ton depending on when you are remembering or looking back at. basically everyone will have a completely different top 3 in january compared to march, and then another completely different list 3 days before the draft. pundits & posters

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 22, 2024

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i mean years where people would talk about who they had. no one would bother with a year like 2022 and then in a year like 2024 people will talk about where they had penix or nix if one of them ends up being good, even though it was 3rd at one point, 6th at another

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jayden Daniels #1 pick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

3/$22,500,000 on a safety isn't enough for a 4th rounder anymore. was plenty back in my day

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to draft that player. the 360 pound fellow. don't draft him in the first 17 picks. that's more than fair

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every single day

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the one real red flag guy like that was trey lance who it was obvious needed to sit for multiple years and learn a lot, and importantly he did not do so. trey had to either play, be ready to play, or rehab from injury more often than anything else. not counting garbage time or maybe one game at most, if a first round qb sits more than one full season, his peers since 2000 are rivers, pennington, grossman, and rodgers. if you stretched it a little bit you can include jordan love. more than anything the circumstances that bring the idea to fruition almost never happen. there isn't much to say the sitting part is a red flag

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mahomes sat 1 year and i didn't want to bother having someone come back and say, "i didn't say 1 year"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

would the packers have drafted him over jordan love if his name was wee kittens?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yissssss

Such a good freaking turnaround

gently caress that company

Who was the goon that kept defending them last year? Name and shame!!!

nice try buster. it was you...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what sort of compliments does he give?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the chargers should trade their 5th overall selection for joe mixon and the 18th overall pick. a proven "running back" who has shown he will do anything to win or lose or w/e

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please post with blakecorum about such matters

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

chop is reminding me of an eternal joker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can make them throws

nevermind i played it. i thought he was going to throw to those other guys and very slow the way i would. ttyl

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

terence newman wasn't on that level but he was very good for a time and came into the league at 25. i guess that's not the answer at all since he wasn't as good as you're asking for. well, i hope you liked hearing about this one

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

herbert's better than burrow even if you don't count injury stuff against joe but there is room for burrow and some of his magical moments to incorrectly have the public opinion by the time their careers are over. or sit out the next 2 years and retire

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

indigi posted:

well I wasn't trying to look at how well QB1s play in particular, just if they're the best vs the field overall. even if they aren't taken 1:1 the odds of them being very good franchise players are still so much better than any particular subsequently drafted QB#. a bunch of non-QB1 first round QBs in the drafts I looked at turn out very well for their franchises, but if you do the same exercise for QB2 just looking for sustained league-average play you don't even get to a 50% hit rate

I dunno man I think that magic stuff is enough to put you over the top, it's why I can't argue against Eli being the best QB in 2004

fair brother.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Why do the Bengals keep meeting with Erik All? Because they like him? I mean of the poo poo options you have this year on day 3 for TE3, he's probably one of the better ones. Does that mean they're not going to be focused there in day 1 or 2, and expect to address it later? Why would they meet with AJ Barner, who is just bad Drew Sample???

The answer is: it doesn't matter and it's not worth thinking about.

they are from ohio. important

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I think he's a lot different

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he should go to a low key place where the players aren't spoiled by standard conveniences and fellow lsu alumni can keep an eye on him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

per se dat's me yellin

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

zach frasier definitely won't go past the 3rd and i'd almost say that about the 2nd. call me after to talk crap and take big craps on eachother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kiimo posted:

Sorry if that's a reference I don't know it

If you seriously don't know, I'm sorry for what's about to happen to you