Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TheGreyGhost posted:

Correct, my point with that is that every elite prospect someone brings up short of megatron had a weakness that he doesn’t. He plays like super Amari Cooper in that sense.

I mean, that OL isn’t helping but I don’t know many teams where the expectation on a route concept is “I’ll throw to you after 5 seconds”. Their passes take longer to develop than an end around, and Lincoln absolutely refuses to run the ball the last couple years which means no one respects their play action or the MOF threat from them.

He had better pocket presence at Oklahoma when he was just going off pure instinct honestly. The more reads and responsibilities he’s given the more paralyzed he looks trying to make decisions. Everyone hit Fields for the time he took on option routes on certain vertical looks—Caleb makes him look like Brady on anything past 10 yards.

Yeah, I feel that Caleb is definitely in superman mode all the time because there have been a lot of games where 2-3 punts in a game means the defense giving up more TDs than they could keep up with.

But I also think a lot of his performance last year was bouyed by always having Jordan Addison as a bailout option. USC's offense was noticeably worse last season after he got injured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

abelwingnut posted:

so i've seen it here and a few others places that caleb holds the ball too long. any idea why he does this? is he a slow play reader? is he overthinking his reads? are his wr not getting open as quickly as they should? does he have an excellent line that allows him to wait and make perfect throws? yips?

also, i don't think i heard about him doing this last season. hell, last season i'm pretty sure i read people saying he was the best qb prospects since luck. so this issue a new development? what might explain that?

sorry, i don't watch college football at all, so i really have zero clue.

USC had one of the most dog poo poo defenses in CFB this year and there were a lot of games where if the offense didn't put up 40+, they were gonna lose automatically. So he was basically in constant homerun mode because throwing it away safely and punting meant they were doomed to lose.

So he's totally ready for the Bears experience

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 27, 2023

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Who the gently caress would be dumb enough to take that rumor seriously?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

SKULL.GIF posted:

Working out for the Packers

Pats too

But Minshew isn't exactly the guy who can make that offense hum

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Asproigerosis posted:

I love draft grades because it's the dumbest garbage and they are always funny. How can anyone look the bears being consensus best boys at drafting by virtue of having #1 and 9# overall while completely handwaving the punter pick in the 4th round and say yep this is a very serious and meaningful endeavour.

Counterpoint: Anytime the Browns have had 2 first round picks