Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C3Tbl8ozVE

Brett’s one of the best scouts I pay attention to (besides QBs :lol:). Highly recommend watching.

Hell yeah Mo Kamara sighting. I’m a Colorado State fan via my wife and watching him wreck poo poo was a bright spot this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Why do you say besides QBs?

I don’t know if there are other reasons, but he once infamously and hilariously had this take

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/726211534939025408

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Not at all.

Now let me tell you about this mans thicc bubble and muscular cut beach physique that has me salivating.

Look man, if the GOAT is into it, I'm into it

https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/1636109993572220929

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

And Daniels put up more total yards and touchdowns this season than Burrow did in his season.

Jayden is handsome and strong and good.

Future Patriot Jayden Daniels :getin:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anthony Richardson has 30 pounds on Daniels and he died after like 3 games. The "learn not to invite contact" bit can't be overstated.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tom the GOAT again, just look at guys flying off him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cNA8gWRM16E

He did actually throw some cool blocks in his younger days. I wonder what would have happened if it was a young Tom instead of Mac staring down Chandler Jones during that hilarious Jakobi Meyers mishap vs the Raiders (not really, Chandler still deletes him. But maybe he at least tries!)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

t's draft season.

As a Pats fan it's been like 10 years since I looked forward to my team's draft with anything but an expectation of bemusement. Will they finally change up the plan without Bill? Or can we expect them to trade back from 3, which will be used on a solid DB and some random yokel no other team graded above the 5th round???

The Jets sitting at 10 with several excellent trade back candidates right in front of them is another spot Bill would have historically leveraged for pure griefing purposes. Will the new regime also live to spite the Jets?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah tbh if I could pull 7 figures through half-assing and bullshitting analysis, that sounds pretty good

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I'll confess that I did a double take the first time I saw a Doltos stream and he was like 20 years younger than I expected :shobon:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If "failing" this dumbass test contributed to Carolina taking Young, it might ironically have helped Stroud. Since he clearly landed with the much much much better coaching staff and supporting cast. But yeah I am glad to see guys boycott this nonsense.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I've definitely started seeing some draftniks doing the same poo poo for Bowers we did for Pitts a few years ago. "To take a TE in the top 10 he'd have to be a first ballot hall of famer. AND MAYBE THIS IS THAT GUY"

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Was listening to a podcast today and heard Bowers while standing next to Gronk described as a guy who looks like his sport is competitive WoW raiding lmao. But they followed up with the point that Georgia, despite having the ability to compete for almost any 5 star recruit they want, decided to run their offense through him.

This was obviously a meme take but legitimately made me feel a little better about the idea of him going alongside the top receivers.

Dexo posted:

If you pick good players it'll all work out.

The Falcons have entered the chat. I love that the NFL is so wild that even drafting objectively good players year after year can not matter if your coach is a maniac. Kinda hoping Raheem can unlock the motherlode of offensive talent he’s been gifted even though I don’t care about Atlanta at all. I just feel bad for Pitts, London and Bijan and want to see them do cool poo poo

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Metapod posted:

Stafford is 36 with a bad back he's going to retire in the near future

Yeah. The Rams have Stafford now but he’s at a stage where the wheels could come off at any moment. If they truly think he can start for the next 3 years then burning a first rounder on a guy to ride the bench is probably dumb. If his medicals are terrifying or he’s privately told McVay he’s almost done then taking JJ for one red shirt year probably isn’t the worst idea?

Either way they need a better backup plan than the Brett Rypien / Carson Wentz tier.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Talking for several minutes without saying anything at all. It's definitely the offseason!

Daniels seems cool and good but his highlight reel will look a little different throwing to perhaps the literal slowest pass catching corps in the NFL behind a dogshit OL. 31 year old DeVante Parker isn't getting behind the defense for 60 yard bombs, nor will Daniels have time to hold the ball long enough for that play to develop. God this roster sucks so bad lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I hate trading down for NE because the top of this draft seems so loaded. Like you aren’t only passing on a QB if you go down to 11 or 12. You are also passing on elite receiver, tight end, tackle talent. Feels like a trap to me. But I also know literally nothing about the 2025 class so maybe it is worth :iiam:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Appreciate the immediate feedback my goons

Prepare your bodies for New England Patriot Daniels (or if poo poo gets weird Maye) :dealwithit:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sweaty Giant rear end

They're the same picture

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://x.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1763951989631647995?s=20

drat 219 I thought JJ was considered to be maybe 200?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

A big part of it is Green Bay famously sticks to athletic standards for drafting players and only occasionally breaks these requirements to reach for a player -- and when they do it often doesn't work out anyway. I think it was about ~7-8 years ago that people started catching onto Green Bay's tendencies and then RAS comparisons became fairly ubiquitous throughout draft discourse over the next several years.

This chart goes back to Gutekunst's first draft in 2018:

Of all the players drafted below 6 RAS only Karl Brooks (6th round 2023) has looked decent. Everyone else has been an outright bust.

The Colts do this too, they loving love high RAS guys. Hence their tight end room full of dudes who are like 6’6 260, fast, but may or may not have any ability to catch a football whatsoever

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Will he break the streak and become A Good Mims in the nfl?

I guess Marvin could be good but he got like 1 target per game so who can say

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Forrest on Fire posted:

NFL Draft Thread: The Hog Is Strong

Weird I thought the Robert Kraft thread got archived years ago

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Drake Maye is the Jordan Love of this draft. Get him somewhere where he can sit, and some QB coach can beat the hell out of his bad habits and mold him into a stud.

I thought that was supposed to be JJ. Not that it will matter when he gets drafted by Denver or a post-Cousins Minnesota or something and has to start week 1

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

1. Bears: Williams
  2. Commanders: Daniels
  3. Vikings: Maye
  4. Cardinals: MHJ
  5. Chargers: Nabers

This is where I am right now.

I’m sure I’ve posted this already but I hate the Pats trading back. They go from a poo poo team to a poo poo team with… probably a strong left tackle? I guess if the Vikings want to give you an insane haul in future years you entertain. But passing on the caliber of guy available at 3 is tough

Signing some scrub QB and tanking for another top pick seems like a tough sell for a bunch of dudes eager to step out of Bill’s shadow. Even if it’s maybe the proper emotionless Madden strat

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Does it even matter? The last time we saw Mariota in meaningful play time he got benched for Desmond Ridder and deserved it. He seems like an awesome dude off the field but if he has to start, or you’re asking your hot new rookie to emulate his play, that’s a yikes.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nosre posted:

sometimes on other sites I instinctively think of using an SA smilie like :frog: or :shobon: and remember only a comparative handful of other 40 years olds would know it

My company Slack (several thousand people) has some SA smilies and it's always very interesting when someone uses one. Do they have stairs in their house, do I need to go make sure I didn't put them on blast in a SH/SC IT bitching thread? Or did they just stumble upon it in our zillions of custom smilies and think it was funny? :iiam:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kirios posted:

Guess I'm rooting for the Vikings to suck next year.

It'll be nice to watch day 1 with zero vesting interest - just enjoy the draft.

On the flip side, this is the most invested I've been in the draft in like 5+ years. Because New England might actually do something interesting and cool instead of infuriating and confusing in the first round.

They could still totally do something infuriating and confusing, but it's not a lock!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, counting on two 33 year old Tackles to stay healthy all year probably isn't the best bet.

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1768808641207935101?t=epp9OknuZ_8978SrhhhQuw&s=19

I've listened to this dude's podcast for a bit but never bothered to learn what he looks like. "Frozen deer in the headlights robot" is an interesting twitter pic choice :v:

And yeah putting as much OL talent as you can find in front of Rodgers seems prudent

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

He’s got a LONG way to go to get on Maxx Crosby’s tattoo level

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I feel like I've heard everyone in the first 2 rounds described as a freak at this point, it's hit white noise status

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

I feel like Drake Maye is getting underrated at this point and I’d very much like for him to fall to the Patriots

:hmmyes: It’s probably all nonsense but I will be thrilled if the Commanders take Daniels and Maye falls into our lap

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Penix is going to absolutely smash records

For the number of dumbass fantasy teams named after him

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I want him in Seattle.

Oh god are we rebooting the Anthony Richardson bit

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I'm just happy there will be a lot of receivers at the end of the first that are...worthy

Still chasing the Tyreek turbo speed dragon huh? How did Mecole Hardman work out for ya? Hang on I’m getting a phone call

He did what?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Up to the team, I think they mostly get out, but it's team message board levels of obsession to track that stuff imo. Walter football has a list trying to keep all the visits / pro days / etc tracked: https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetingsByTeam2024.php

Ooh this is fun conspiracy theory material, thanks.

The Pats… mostly meeting with consensus top guys at positions of greatest need??? If they have a draft strategy that is simply coherent two dimensional chess that can be understood by non-Belichick brains that will be a major shift.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah for sure, I called it conspiracy theory material for a reason. It’s fun to look at though.

Also at least one of the low tier Pats visits doesn’t exist lol, got the last name wrong

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Were reaching peak offseason draft doldrums. We all question reality at this point.

To wit, "The Vikings are fine starting Sam Darnold this year". There is a 0% chance he is the starter by Christmas unless his replacement is injured or in jail or something. I am reminded of Mike Glennon totally being the Bears QB of the future. Then they mortgaged the farm to trade up for Trubisky and Glennon's career was over by like week 4.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I see a lot of criticism about Penix not being mobile but is there a reason he can't just be good at avoiding sacks? Looking at the NFL leaders in sack % over history and there's not exactly a lack of statues on the list.

I don't personally know whether this is true but the same point came up on some podcast the other day. Their take was that his sack rate looks so good because he will throw the ball away at the first sign of trouble. Not because of great mobility.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The337th posted:

It'll be funny when the Raiders grab Penix and his performance ceiling is just Derek Carr

At least with Penix they won’t be paying north of $30 mil a year for that experience I guess

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

37 seems old for a rookie

The Brandon Weeden gambit

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

Ooo I like Ruke Orhorhoro that is fantastic

The first time I heard his name I immediately heard Chris Berman in my head yelling “oh row row row your boat 65 yards for the scoop and score”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Joe Alt implies the existence of Joe Normie

Well there is that Panthers beat writer named Joe Person that always cracks me up

Hand Row posted:

Any physical draft guides you guys would recommend? My daughter loves having something physical for stuff like this. I’ll probably just get whatever at the grocery store but thought I would ask here in case there’s something really cool or a niche site that is worth supporting with a physical purchase.

I wonder how much it would cost to do a nice spiral bound print of The Beast at Office Max or something

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 7, 2024