Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t see New England doing that even if Kraft does seem sympathetic to Mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Drake Mayer would be a better name

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People overate the rookie deal stuff. It’s good obviously but you can’t build your entire team around that idea. That only works in hindsight

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The correct way to develop a QB is to play them a year, dump them , then move onto the next one

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean saying they did not need it is a bit counter factual. Who knows if it would have helped them along

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He was already MVP so would have another offensive piece stopped him from choking?

Probably not

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They failed against the Bucs because the Bucs pass rush lived in the backfield. A WR wasn’t gonna change that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

If you have a conclusion and are trying to build an argument around that conclusion sure

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well yes and that argument is silly. He was the MVP of the league and had one of the best seasons of his career. If you think a rookie is what’s going to make it then I don’t know what to tell you

Not to mention the fact the fact the current young WR core aren’t even first rounders. So it’s not like it’s take a WR in the first round or bust. So what makes you think they would take a WR instead of Love?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Packers would have probably hosed it up and taken a defensive guy who they misused, but they could have taken, say, Tee Higgins instead of Love and I don’t think there’s any argument that he would have been useful in 2021 and 2022.

Late career Rodgers lived to laser focus on Adams as his security blanket so probably not as much as you would think

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He brought Lazard with him to the jets he absolutely did not have to throw to him. He wanted to

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Though all this is academic because not having WRs was not the problem the packers had that year

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well if it’s universally acknowledged by the gods of football who am I to point out the obvious

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What is your obvious point? That a glaring need on that team wasn’t actually glaring?

That one draft pick was not, and never had a chance, to suddenly fix the Packers issues

The fact people think an obviously stupid talking point is in any way true is dumb as hell

This is just an excuse to cry about the live pick as if it mattered

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Canopus250 posted:

The added bonus to this is also that the packers took AJ Dillon in the 2nd that same year. A guy whose only noteworthy thing is having huge legs in camp.

edit: it fit into a pattern from at least 2016 through that year where the packers seemed to show a complete unwillingness to draft more than a single offensive skill position player before the 5th round. It always seemed weird to me how little they appeared to try and make a serious upgrade to put the offense over the top rather than spend their 1-3 rounders on DL/CB/LB in whatever order for what seemed like 5 straight years when Rodgers was still amazing

I feel like this only works with hindsight since we know those defensive players aren’t going to work out. If those defensive players had worked out then maybe a seasoned defense can protect the packers offense when they inevitably have bad games

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JJ is the perfect Bears QB let’s go

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dexo posted:

Dear god no, He can stay QB 3/4 and the Vikings or Falcons can have him.

Accept your fate

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I’m going to be the patriots GM but we are keeping it hush hush for now

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Yearly reminder that Josh Allen loving sucked rear end vs Mountain West competition in college and none of us know poo poo

Yeah that coaches actually do matter for how QBs turn out

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I like how that treats drafting a QB as if explaining it to a gambling addict

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The lesson is nepotism doesn’t work if you are the exact opposite of the position of your kin

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Look the point is we are trading someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Then the player sucks and the cycle starts anew