Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I want the draft to get here already. Why the heck do I have to wait a month??

gotta space it out cause otherwise you're going april, may, june before training camp finally starts and then you spend another two months clenching your butthole hoping for no training camp/preseason game injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

Is there a bus emoji for when people want to say something is bussin?

oh, so that's what 'bussy' means.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Doltos posted:

Sports are about fun first and the vast majority of fans prefer to cheer than analyze. I don't fault people for only paying attention to mock drafts and the potential #1 pick. It's not fun to watch hours of one guy running snaps over and over to make a guess on if he's worth the hype. I've also never gone full draft nerd talking to people in real life I just say yea man Calebs great.

i went to the draft with a college buddy of mine back in 2012 (back at radio city music hall) and a big memory from that is waiting in line wednesday night for tickets for the next day and my buddy (a jets fan) and i were next to a jags fan and i got into a prolonged conversation about whether ray rice or MJD was the better running back. its good fun to go head empty and get into the stupid poo poo.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i remember telling my buddy that if we're gonna do this again that we were gonna bring camping chairs and then the nfl realized they could bilk even more money out of this, or i think radio city music hall wanted more money out of it. or something. my takeaway is that it never shouldve left new york. i hate things that are different.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Doltos posted:

Me and a goon named Primebutt went to that draft. I never stood in line for the bracelets he just went with his girlfriend the night before and I got hers.

The draft was great at Radio City Music Hall but I can see why they changed it. The security was ridiculously low. I wandered downstairs to the media area and ended up taking a leak next to Marcell Dareus in the fancy bathroom. NFL and ESPN commentators were way too close to us on the ground floor and you could easily yell over whatever they were saying. Event just got way too big for that place.

i get it but you cant beat shithead new yorkers yelling for no reason. idk. its how it should be.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

I read the occasional mock draft from Kiper/Jeremiah, use Dane Brugler's Beast as a reference, and watch JustBombsProductions highlight clips. That's about the extent I'll ever care or have time for as far as draft study.

Here's Kiper's latest.

Mims falling to the Ravens would be a loving dream

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ornery and Hornery posted:

You should have done your duty and turned Daniel Faalele into a starter. Shameful franchise, the ravens, to betray our giant boy.

he still has a shot!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nosre posted:

love "a coach texted me" sources, but it's hard to imagine Penix falls out of the first at this point. Too many needy teams

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1773451204175044901

i think 'freak' and 'mutant' are my favorite draft adjectives

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Dexo posted:

I guess we're all stupid then

I think these players are FREAKS and MUTANTS.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

I think these players are FREAKS and MUTANTS.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BlindSite posted:

I remember when this man was espousing the talents of Jake Boller and iiirc he was a big believer in Ramsey in washington too.

Surprised he's still alive tbh

I remember him looking old as poo poo when I was in college like a decade and a half ago

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sataere posted:

Penix is DeShone Kizer.

we have deshone kizer at home

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

I got to reading about Andre the Giant’s drinking habits recently and it is some :stare: poo poo. Like even if you assume the legend is exaggerated you could literally cut the amounts in half and it would kill me lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

for reference, this is what a 6oz beer looks like in a normal person's hand

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Doltos posted:

Every year some 21-24 year old does something stupid and goons rush to the thread to say he's not a kid anymore or that he's dumb for doing it.

its nice to know that goons are right at least once a year

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

What's the window here? I mean, does it have to be after the season but before the draft or just before the draft in general? If we cast a wide net we can have categories like "assaulting women" (Mixon and Hill), "street races that ended with people maimed or killed" (Carter) "rapes" (Winston), etc.

It could be a landmark project for TFF!

football player crimes tier list

S+ tier: "A-1" type of murder, top shelf all the way (broadcast live on the Knicks jumbotron, they are helpless to turn it off, etc)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sataere posted:

Wasn't the SEC the worst it has been in years this season?

dont think too much about it

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

pac12 was the best we've ever seen them. can't wait for next year.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Harlock posted:

When do we get the Daltos new big board / 1st round mock

its already up behind the paywall but if you buy forums platinum you too can gain early access

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

You're just mad that this year is finally the year embiid lifts the big trophy

look at this process truster

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

surf rock posted:

I don't understand why Grey Ghost isn't getting paid $500k/year as the top scout for the Steelers or whatever

because he actually looks after his infant child, showing a pathetic lack of grit, commitment, and dedication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Podcasters love da double speak

me too except for when i dont