Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Isaiah Davis. Learn the name. He'll end up flying up boards after the Senior Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

xbilkis posted:

Caleb officially in. Are there any other prospects of note who haven't declared one way or another yet?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1746978532503244820

I think everyone who needs to be in is in. On to the Senior Bowl!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Cam Ward btw decided at the last moment that he was not in fact going into the draft so he's at Miami for this year.

Miami is not the place to get developed for the next level, with Cristobal running the boat. Godspeed to him.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

shyduck posted:

can't miss with a usc quarterback

I don't know if the curse remains since Riley is the QB coach now.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1746988796921487781?s=20

Caleb.....

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

David Mulugheta is probably salivating somewhere.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

1. Troy Fautanu
2a. Jaden Hicks
2b. Kalen King

I like it for the Packers. However, Fautanu will end up being an All-Pro guard. So we will see.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

It feels like every year writers go "I know the Packers don't draft {position} in the first round but I'm mocking {position} to them anyway..." and then the Packers continue to not draft that position in the first round.

Like, c'mon.

I think this is the year we actually go tackle in the first round assuming we trade Bakh to the Jets or Titans this offseason.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just don't see the need. Zach Tom shut down Parsons two days ago. Rasheed Walker has been solid. Both are young and haven't shown any injury concerns. The Packers have a looong history of finding quality OL talent in the middle rounds and developing them.

If the plan was to like move Tom to center, then yeah, go ahead and draft OT.

We do need a new center, but I feel like Tom will stay put. If anything, we draft Sedrick Van Pran or JPJ to replace Meyers.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just don't see the need. Zach Tom shut down Parsons two days ago. Rasheed Walker has been solid. Both are young and haven't shown any injury concerns. The Packers have a looong history of finding quality OL talent in the middle rounds and developing them.

If the plan was to like move Tom to center, then yeah, go ahead and draft OT.

Also, the candidate I expect us to take in the 4th round as our future All-Pro OT is Sataoa Laumea.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Doltos posted:

Giants aren't grabbing a WR if Joe Alt is there that'd be absurd

I think Alt is gone by 5 to the Chargers if they decide they don't want Brock Bowers.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Alaois posted:

Taulia is really raw but it would be extremely funny if he ended up being a better NFL QB than his brother

He is 2024's Brock Purdy. Lotta snaps, seen a lotta looks.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

What if Herbert got traded?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Mega64 posted:

Also, the Rams actually have a first round pick this year!?

For now.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I just want a WR who can separate or box dudes out and the meanest interior lineman in the draft available after

Brian Thomas Jr.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I really like Coleman I just don't see him lasting til 33.

He has a separation problem.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Kalli posted:

I'd disagree, when it comes to successful team building, heck look at the 8 teams in the divisional round

Texans drafted a guy high, hit what looks like a grand slam.
Buccaneers took a scrap heap guy and plopped him onto a moderately built team.
Lions took a scrap heap salary dump and built around him. A true Christmas miracle.
49ers, Ravens and Packers drafted a guy basically after everyone else could and plopped them onto built / building teams.
Bills and Chiefs traded up to get their prospect from further down in the 1st round and plopped 'em onto mostly built teams.

One team grabbed a franchise QB prospect when they were in position to, everyone else fell / climbed to it.

Heck, add in the WC teams you add the Cowboys, Eagles for the later drafter crowd, Rams traded for one in the other half of the Christmas miracle, Dolphins did the franchise prospect dealie and the Browns and Steelers don't have QB's :v:

I really wonder what the conversations were in 2020 between Gutey and LaFleur about Love? It has been said multiple times that LaFleur was infatuated with his arm talent and confidence.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

There's a pretty big difference between drafting a QB in the top 10 (or 5) and drafting that QB at the back end of the first round. Teams picking early generally *need* QBs, teams picking late mostly don't. If that QB makes it through all the QB-needy teams then that speaks to either a misevaluation or a red flag.

Love was #26, Lamar was #32. That's the majority-to-entire league passing on them.

Most teams who take a QB late in the first have a plan for them tho.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I would love to see Daniels in New England, but they do not have the players to help a QB grow.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Kalli posted:

And more importantly, you don't need to do anything to pick a guy in that situation. Chiefs and Bills were able to move up a little bit from the middle of the 1st when they saw a guy that fit. This is about when a team bottoms out and has a top pick in hand.

The Patriots have no offensive talent right now. We know what that looks like, the top of the 1st round is littered with dudes ruined in bad situations. Unless you think the 3rd QB is also a Luck / Lawrence generational franchise caliber QB :v: , better to add blue chip talent at tackle or WR, and get by for a year with a middling vet you can upgrade from, and draft a guy day 2 if you want to see if you can develop a guy that way.

Next years QB class is kinda rear end.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

wandler20 posted:

lol we're already calling this before the season is even played?

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/QB/1/2025

This is not good.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

trevorreznik posted:

Anyone want to do an effort post on edge talent? I keep seeing a bunch of names as the top guy and that may be who the bears are taking at 9.

Dallas Turner didn't impress me at Bama,but neither did Will Anderson last year so what do I know

Bralen Trice or Laiatu Latu. I'll make a thick post about Edge talent.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ehh there's less guaranteed top end talent but looks like 3-4 could be first rounders if they have a good year.

The only QBs I see being first-round talent next year are Shedeur and Ewers. That is garbage.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Not going to lie, I have not been impressed with Allar.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Corzaa posted:

Any good running backs this year?

Trey Benson. Jonathon Brooks would’ve been RB1 but he tore his ACL :(

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

wandler20 posted:

Have you seen Trey Benson's injury history? I love Trey but I'd be concerned taking him too high.

I have. I think teams are gonna ignore it considering he has the best vision in the class. The only other best option is Blake The Great Corum, but he has so much goddamn tread, it’s insane.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Where does Tua's brother fall now that he declared? Seems like a team could take him day 2 or 3 as a reach?

Day 3 Steeler

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Nosre posted:

Has drafting a TE in the top 10 literally ever worked out? Vernon Davis maybe? The last two (Hock and Pitts) are good but not worth the spot imo

Gonzales was pick #13, that's as far back as I looked

Nope. Bowers is an insane prospect who will only get better, but the learning curve for TEs from college to the pros is massive.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Black Lighter posted:

Everyone always says this, but I don't understand why. Is the role of a TE in the pros just vastly more complex than it is in college?

More blocking assignments, more run techniques, and checks you'll have to learn. You also have to learn more about defenses to settle on your routes. Essentially, you have to become the 6th offensive lineman and be an insane slot receiver to get more playing time.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Chargers with Malik Nabers, however..

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Pablo Bluth posted:

Kincaid went at 25 and is having a good year but has ended up being overshadowed by Laporta who is technically a second rounder (3rd pick in the 2nd) . And Kincaid managed to put up some good numbers despite Josh already having a good TE relationship with Dawson Knox. Nobody is critical of the pick or that Beane had to trade up despite already not being flush on draft capital.

LaPorta
Musgrave
Kraft
Mayer

Lotta good tight ends last year.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This is going to be such a fun draft, can’t wait :)

When the Packers find an All-Pro tackle in the 4th or 5th round, I can't wait for the tears.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

Re: 2025 QBs, I uh don’t know that I really like anyone right now.

Ewers is the Charizard to prospect Herbert’s charmeleon. 2-4 generational throws a game, 2-4 backbreakingly terrible ones. Weird misses that look like no one knew the play. Fisher Price offense. Doesn’t really have any feel in the pocket or consistency to his feet even with the improvement this year. Just one of the most ludicrous arms we’ve had on a minute, ball just instantly comes on a line.

Beck is very talented and has a lot of responsibility in his offense but doesn’t really do anything that impresses me in terms of throwing guys open or maximizing his receiving talent. Big numbers but leaves a lot on the table downfield and outside the numbers in favor of making the throws that won’t get him yelled at. If they unleash him a bit and open up to make up for their TE deficiencies this coming year, he could put enough on tape to be QB1 because he has the physical tools right now.

Shedeur doesn’t have anything resembling pocket feel or timing, and their insistence on going air raid with him will hurt when the league asks him to run quick game or make a tough throw in favor of holding the ball forever. He kind of does a mediocre Burrow impression right now but without the pinpoint accuracy getting dropped by receivers on Burrow’s junior tape. Average arm, not really sure why he gets the love he does.

Allar sucks. They Hackenberged him and failed to design an offense that teaches him timing. Maybe the new coordinator helps but I can’t imagine adding option wrinkles cleans up his lovely feet. Good arm though.

Riley Leonard might rise if he stays healthy. He hit some windows at Duke that were NFL margins off of his receivers limitations, and he has pretty good pocket feel, but someone needs to rein his feet in a little bit because he’s very scramble happy and tries to do Mahomes poo poo they he’s not built for.

Dillon Gabriel is an RPO merchant Smurf. Great Value Tua

Van Dyke will regress as all Longo QBs do.

Milroe ha the tools and no midrange game in an offense where that will be the ask. I don’t know how that’s going to work but if he fixes it, round 1 for sure (he wont).

I saw Weigman on a board? He has some Jimbo timing throws over the middle and nice feet but they haven’t let him push boundaries or vertically enough for me to feel super comfortable mocking him on this sample. Could rise a lot on tools but who knows.

I don't even to know what to think about this class being honest. If you want a QB, this is the year.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Henchman of Santa posted:

What are the chances career Fun College Guys like Jalon Daniels and KJ Jefferson rise above like the fifth round? The former obviously has horrid medicals.

They need to ball the hell out this year. Nothing more, nothing less.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Doltos posted:

All positions bust at a high rate, draft good players high

They took Pitts while still having Matt Ryan and he put up a 1k yard season. It's not Pitts' fault the Falcons sacrificed the best QB in their franchise history chasing after Deshaun Watson.

He was generally considered a future first round pick after his sophomore year. He lost an entire year to back injuries and dropped behind Jermaine Gresham's monster season. I think if he played his junior year he probably would have been a top 25 pick.

TEs are incredibly valuable and have been proven to be big contribute to Super Bowl wins between Gronk's huge games against Seattle and KC in his Super Bowls and Travis Kelce's big games in all of his Super Bowls.

I forgot that the Falcons are in QB hell because they chased Watson. LOL

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

My early 2023 draft crush: Isaiah Davis

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

THATS MY TE1 BABY!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Tight End market is only going up. A great tight end opens up your entire offense, especially as we move into a more RPO/Motion centric era. Would the Lions offense be where it is without Sam LaPorta? I don’t think so.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Many scouts think Nabers is close behind MHJ, like there is a thin line between them. He will be gone by 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Cavauro posted:

when it's my turn i want the best guy left. On the big big board

Best player in the draft not named MHJ in my opinion is Joe Alt