Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

MHJ is the best receiver prospect since Calvin. Faster than AJ, more technical than Julio, bigger than JaMarr.
I agree MHJ is best receiver prospect since Megatron but I find your comparisons weird. You picked the relatively weak thing about each other great wr prospect.

I hope MHJ has a wonderful career and scores many points unless it is against my team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love big footballers. Offensive line, defensive line, love ‘em both :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Is he scrappy

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

Other than McKinstry, which CBs are a candidate to convert to safety? And how does the safety class look in general?

Packers are in severe need of a ballhawking, field-roaming free safety.

The safety class at this point looks solid. A couple dudes slotted to go back of the first or early second.

There’s no elite Eric Berry or Earl Thomas kind of safety talent that is worthy of GBs (currently) top ten draft pick.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Top ballhawk safety is Kamren Kinchens and I’d be happy if Seattle drafted him at at 22nd overall, their current draft spot. But I also place a higher positional value for safeties than the market does.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Veach please get 2 of these dudes somehow

It’s only fair. Mahomes deserves good things.

Normally I’d say do a big ‘ole Falcons-Julio style trade, but there are so many good wrs that idk if they need to go up into the top 5.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The thing that worries me about Odunze is that so many of his highlight catches are made with his body. Admittedly, in a bunch of those situations catching with his body to protect the ball was the right move. It just makes me question his hands and ability to high point since I haven't seen him do it.

I would normally agree that body catches would be a red flag, but Rome has elite ball tracking and elite body control to adjust for the catch. Many of his *relatively* body-ish catches are caught that way so that he can protect the ball or maintain his momentum. He’s so freaking good. The movement is so fluid.

And also I think he has more than enough contested / high points to assuage any concerns about body catching.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Look at them wideouts :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Black Lighter posted:

I would once again like to thank the Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, Detroit Lions, Las Vegas Raiders and Atlanta Falcons for collectively deciding that the Eagles deserved Jalen Carter more than they did. Their sacrifice is appreciated.

Four sacks, two forced fumbles, 6 tackles for loss, 7 qb hits, in 10 games. He’s so good.

Detroit especially feels like such a miss. Their entire season trajectory is different if they drafted Carter.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Amy Pole Her posted:

Dane rules and the Beast is amazing. Sadly we’ve gotta take what we can get until then 😞

He had Bryce better than Stroud. Entire legitimacy destroyed. Do not trust his lies.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

yeah i'll take odunze... or somebody like that with the 39th pick. bastard

Treat Odunze well, I think he’d be a great fit with Burrow. Odunze is great at working those layered throws between coverage.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What running back will be available at Seahawks first round pick because after back to back second round running backs the problem is clear: need that first round talent.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want a great QB but seattle will pick in the late teens or early 20s so go ahead and gamble on big arm big talent.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mega64 posted:

If you're willing to settle for "huge arm no talent" then boy do I have the quarterback for you!

I’m listening…

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Reading defenses is for nerds. Give me a huge brainless gladiator QB with a cannon arm. A certified himbo. Unleash the dragon.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

Quinn has an all world arm and some bad bad feet and shoulders because most of his RPOs and bullshit in Sark’s offense are just the natural evolution of the Briles poo poo. Entire offense runs like a pick and roll and hinges on him being like 60% of what he can be.

Milton will have the strongest arm in NFL history and probably be out of the league mid camp unless he learns to get past a half field read.

Found my boys

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

I’m so excited for the litmus test of what coaches and scouts say “I can fix him”.

Quinn just genuinely has gotten by on having an incredible sense for his arm angles because his feet are poo poo and he doesn’t really look until he’s staring at his throw. It’s absolutely hilarious how little anyone has tried to enforce footwork on him or any sense of timing routes. RPO world makes a lot of his decisions easier, but if you watch him run like double China he reads it the way Kenny Pickett did—not a compliment because you can use either of those as a rorshach and discover how a QB predicts coverages will work for better or worse very quickly. I think his best throws are in max protection when he’s hitting a crosser or vertical read where he essentially sets up like a trick shot.

Milton is so funny man. Just absolutely no interest in ever learning to take something off. I want the dolphins to take a flyer on him so badly because I think turning him into a vert guy off the Shanny tree or running Arians poo poo from a simplified view are the only chance he has. Literally, that offense is predicated on going “1, 2, run” and he still misses reads and throws all the goddamn time, but his arm is such a stupid weapon that just running fast guys out there could theoretically put 80 yards of the field in play every down. I don’t know exactly what he’ll run but 4.6 at 6’5 250 isn’t impossible so he probably makes the AR/Newton tier of “holy loving poo poo that guy has tools”. He’s just like an even more limited version of AR in the throws in his tool kit, and he couldn’t even handle the Josh Gattis offense that even Cade loving McNamara could.

Seattle doesn’t have a second round pick. Will these brawny boys last until middle of round 3?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cash Monet posted:

Solak pointed out some of the stuff that he does with his feet. Starts at 1:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U11RmPR7ZI

He’s good at the draft.

Did Bruglers the BEAST mention the Bryce feet?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

I told you all about Stroud though. That one feels like the best eval I’ve had in a while.

???

You had Bryce above him. I was aghast that you had Bryce over Stroud. It felt like the ultimate betrayal.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I always loved Stroud ahead of Bryce except ironically when TGG said he had the arm strength of Watson and when TGG gave Stroud a dishonorably low score in how much dawg he had in him.

Stroud is just so dang accurate and the throwing motion is so smooth and aesthetically pleasing. Wish the Seahawks had somehow gotten him last year :(

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m thinking about big ‘ole lineman

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s always breathtaking to be given repeated evidence that many of the power brokers in charge of government, faith organizations, and corporations, are complete loving idiots.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thinking about wide receivers

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

There’s so many good wrs this draft seems plausible that Panthers could get a solid addition at the top of the second!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think that fella has plenty of upside

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

i fixed it. i took out the thinnest little piece of crap and i put mr. wilson in there. now this class is averaging 6'2.5" and 209 pounds

Thank u, I like this content

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Who is the DL with the widest wing span who will get over drafted because of said wing span ?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love Jayden Daniels and wanted him for the Seahawks.

Instead I hope he goes to a fan base that loves and nurtured him.

I’m excited to see where MHJ goes. There are elite QB and elite LT prospects, so the positional value debate rages on!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What team do you follow Mega?

The top two LTs are swell

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I actually think you'd still be in range for one of the OTs there altho it'll be close

Hmm maybe. Obviously it’s still super early but let’s see how many prospects could go before #8 and before both OTs go…

2 QBs for sure (Caleb and Drake)
1 WR for sure (MHJ)
So 3 players which takes us to pick number 4.

Then maybe:
1 QB (J Daniels)
1 EDGE (Latu)
2 WRs (LSU and UW)
1 TE (Georgia)

That brings us to 8 players and so to pick 9.

Idk if I’m a team picking in the top 8, holding everything else equal, I’m taking LT Olu over someone like EDGE Latu…

…but one of the two LTs getting to ~9 isn’t as impossible as I initially thought. Even if I think it is unlikely.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can’t imagine a scenario where the Jets are picking top 5 and not taking OT1/2.

I agree. And heck looking at the teams in contention for top 8 picks, it seems like most teams would love a LT.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nervous posted:

Magnificent. His thighs are the size of a small child.

omg :love:

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is after they threw him a touchdown pass in the Big 12 Championship game.

OMG :swoon:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Tell me more about WRs since I feel Adams will leave the Raiders for greener pastures. MHJ is def out of reach but I like the UW WRs from what I've seen of college ball.

MHJ is clearly number 1 but then there are plenty of wrs who would be great selections for the Raiders.

I think at this point LSU Malik is a better overall WR prospect(2nd wr) for most schemes but UW Rome (3rd wr) is nearly as good WR prospect and also really freaking fun.

Rome is strong and big, and he knows how to use his body to shield defenders and contort for in-stride catches, and he’s handsome.

Both Malik and Rome are gonna be long gone if the raiders pick in the mid teens though :(

E: there’s less consensus about the wrs after those three so idk who the raiders would prioritize

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 27, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://x.com/sportingnews/status/1728471568710254634?s=20

Jayden Daniels better than Joe Burrow you heard it here first

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Any thread draftnik thoughts on Troy Fautanu? Ravens likely need an LT to replace Stanley in 24 or 25. They also need a left guard better than free agent John Simpson. I'd love to pull a Johnathan Ogden and play Fautanu at guard as a rookie, then shift him to LT if needed to step up for the oft-injured Stanley. Does Fautanu have a possible future at LT, or does his size and play style simply prevent it?

He absolutely has plausible potential as a NFL LT. I watched every college game of his and he was a great OL. There is positional versatility because he’s done like 100 great snaps at guard as well. Most snaps were at LT and he’s allowed like 2 sacks over his career. He already has the intensity of a RT with consistent core work and strong hands.

I think the main reasons he may succeed at tackle compared to other LT/G prospects of recent years are:
  • sufficient arm length (34.75”)
  • good lateral agility
  • keeps delightful low pad leverage when working his quick feet

Idk if he’s gonna be around when the Ravens pick though (#32nd overall babey). Most consensus stuff seems to put Troy around the 25th to 45th best prospect but I suspect the combine and positional scarcity will push him up the board come actual draft time.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Another point in Troy Fautanu’s favor: among all offensive tackle prospects in the 2024 nfl draft, Troy assuredly has the most dawg in him.

Troy is a frikkin’ UW Husky for pete’s sake! That’s a whopping 100% dawg!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ornery and Hornery posted:

https://x.com/sportingnews/status/1728471568710254634?s=20

Jayden Daniels better than Joe Burrow you heard it here first

I am reposting to this page because what the heck!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Jayden is handsome and powerful and the Seahawks should draft him

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nosre posted:

At this point Jayden has turned the 'top 2 and then a big dropoff for QBs' into the 'top 3' right? He might still be the 3rd of those, but it's hard to imagine him slipping to 15 even

Almost certainly. If I was a qb needy team I’d be ecstatic to get Daniels in the top 15 picks.

I also think Daniels may jump Maye. Drake does not seem good out of structure or in the face of pressure. Which, if I recall correctly, is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

PENIX was showing some darn good accuracy last night and when he missed he missed away from the defender.

Seems like worst case he gets grabbed in the late second by some team that thinks sure why not.