Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Say your team is picking in between 26-32, what would it take to move up to pick 3 to get Marvin Harrison Jr.? Julio Jones trade was a 1st 2nd and 4th, plus the following year's 1st and 4th. By JJ value it looks more like 2 1sts, 2 2nds, and a 4th.

If you're a team like the Ravens, Chiefs, Jaguars, or Bills I think you have to entertain making that trade. Pairing your top end QB with as near a can't miss #1WR as we've seen could be revolutionary.

You'd be better off trading to like #10 for much less and draft Keon Coleman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Nice nugget write up. Johnny Wilson is frustrating because he does that Mike Evans thing where he'll drop easy ones on occasion but makes insane catches. I could see Odunze being WR2 as well.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Probably Magic posted:

Don't think Penix goes to Day Two, unless I'm missing something.

Most of the mocks I've seen have him in the second round.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Daniels was starting as a true freshman at ASU and then only got 4 games the next because of COVID season. Not many true freshman QBs look good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

I personally think age doesn't matter at all since every position but kicker and QB has a short shelf life on average. People are too used to madden drafting where you take a 21 year old kid with A+ potential and he's a 99 overall by the time he's 22 while the stats never drop til he's 30. In real life even if that guy existed he'd probably leave in free agency from your small market team.

The most unrealistic part of this post is thinking market size matters in the NFL.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

BlindSite posted:

I think there's like four famous sons coming out this year - Kris Jenkins son, jeremiah Trotter jnr, Marvin Harrison jnr and I forget the 4th.

Lassiter out of Georgia?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

indigi posted:

Cooper DeJean is white so it's illegal for him to be a cornerback

How quickly we forget Jason Sehorn. Oh wait that was 20 years ago...

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Johnny Wilson is probably a second round guy. He drops a lot of easy catches. I love him tho, he makes some insane catches.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If you're picking in the top 10 and draft a TE you should fire your GM.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Nabers runs wherever he wants to and then sons the people trying to tackle him it's a very pure, chaotic way to play football

Was Ceedee Lamb kinda like that at Oklahoma or am I remembering wrong? Maybe it was Rondale Moore.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Foles was underrated coming out. He had an insanely great deep ball it just hung in the air too much so people were afraid he had no arm strength.

I think that pass interference call later in the game last night is probably the perfect example of this for Penix. The ball came out like a rocket but was under thrown and hung up for a bit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Caleb and Jayden are worth taking in the top 5.

That’s right, I’m starting the “Jayden Daniels is better than Drake Maye” train. Daniels can make throws under pressure. Choo choo mother heckers!

Let's go further. Jayden QB1!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'd still take Penix at the bottom half of the first. He's a hell of a lot better than Kenny Pickett.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Penix is going top 15.

Nah, he needs to fall a bit so he can go back home.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Benne posted:

But the Colts just drafted a QB :confused:

Penix is from Tampa.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Bo Nix in pewter

I'd rather stick with Baker.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Benne posted:

It's just kinda silly to make any hard predictions before the Combine, when teams get the medicals that will tell the real story on Penix's trajectory.

I think this is the correct take on him because his injury history is brutal.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
WR1

https://twitter.com/keithpricetrut1/status/1745311910592163936?t=XnwaZ8AV0Wrj3izCfQEUVA&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Rogue0071 posted:

What would the contract implications be if he was in the supplemental draft? I assume it would be a lot less money than being a #1 pick.

It's exactly the same. The team just forfeits that draft pick the following year. So if you take a player in the first round you lose your first rounder the following year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

Isn’t pay slotting equivalent to the average of the round they’re taken in? He’d still lose money over going #1 overall.

I'm pretty sure it's slot based. Josh Gordon got the same as his second round slot.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Next years QB class is kinda rear end.

lol we're already calling this before the season is even played?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Daniels, Penix, and Nix were all not expected to be 1st or 2nd round guys who all greatly improved their stock during the season. It happens. Sam Howell was once a sure fire 1st rounder and look how that ended. Dumb to project anything at this point about something over a year away.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I said it with Pitts, I'll say it with Bowers, never draft a TE in the top 10. If you're picking that high you have WAY bigger issues to deal with.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Trey Benson. Jonathon Brooks would’ve been RB1 but he tore his ACL :(

Have you seen Trey Benson's injury history? I love Trey but I'd be concerned taking him too high.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

All positions bust at a high rate, draft good players high

They took Pitts while still having Matt Ryan and he put up a 1k yard season. It's not Pitts' fault the Falcons sacrificed the best QB in their franchise history chasing after Deshaun Watson.

He was generally considered a future first round pick after his sophomore year. He lost an entire year to back injuries and dropped behind Jermaine Gresham's monster season. I think if he played his junior year he probably would have been a top 25 pick.

TEs are incredibly valuable and have been proven to be big contribute to Super Bowl wins between Gronk's huge games against Seattle and KC in his Super Bowls and Travis Kelce's big games in all of his Super Bowls.

Gronk and Kelce also benefit from having 2 of the best QBs every to play. Maybe Pitts just needs a hall of fame QB to matter.

TE is not a premium position you spend high draft capital on. Hell, Gronk and Kelce weren't even first rounders.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yes, I would take a guaranteed hall of fame player in the top 10. The problem is, nothing is guaranteed. I'd rather swing for a WR or QB or CB or OT or Pass rusher waaaay before id swing for a TE.

Sure be cool if we had a top 5 hall of fame TE for this discussion instead of using mid round picks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i feel like the main reason not to draft a TE in the top 10 is bc largely it's an undervalued position in the draft so by taking a TE that high you're potentially out of the running for a lot of the best O-lineman, Receivers, QBs, and DEs who are perhaps over-valued positions in the draft.

More to the point for the Chargers, they've got a lot of loving needs and TE is not in the top 3 so why take one when they can get a premium guy at any positions besides like QB at that spot and still be able to take an extremely good TE in the 2nd round?

But you might miss out on the next Gronk or Kelce (not even first rounders)....or end up with the next Kyle Brady or Ricky Dudley (top 10 picks).

How many WR or OT or QB or DE or CB would you take over George Kittle? 50? 60 guys? Maybe more?

The best TE in the NFL isn't even worth the 10th best WR in the league.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Gotta be a troll but Terrace Marshall does suck.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I have a hard time believing the Chargers draft a WR in the first round two years in a row. They even drafted another in the 4th last year. That's a lot of draft capital into one position over two years.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

They need it. I lost my faith watching Johnston. Keenan Allen can't keep doing this forever.

I'm not saying they don't, but I just don't think they will. Mike Williams will be back next year too unless he's cut for cap reasons.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Who do you think they would draft over Nabers?

I have no idea. The draft board is going to change a lot between now and the draft. All I'm saying is I don't think they'll draft another WR in the first, having done so last year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

I mean teams do that with QB's now. it's fine to admit a mistake and not sink good Herbert years after bad.

What teams have drafted first round QBs back to back? The Cardinals and I can't think of another.

I'm not saying they shouldn't draft Nabors, if he's BPA by a large margin on their board, go for it. I just don't think they will still having a combination of Allen/QJ/Williams. They could save a lot of money replacing Williams and Allen with Nabors tho but I can't see them moving on from Allen yet.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

I'm like 99% sure Williams is gone.

However, Josh Palmer is really good and will be probably start off as WR2 next season. Nabers would be WR3.

And the Lions drafted 3 WRs in the first in 4 years under Matt Millen

Matt Millen was also a terrible GM and it helped get his rear end fired.

I had Palmer in my previous post but I read his contract wrong and thought he was an UFA. He's a solid target.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

A quick lil 1-2 mock draft.

Jaheim Bell would loving own with Herbie.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1749086720497189051?t=WrI1KN7E4rICb-AzllJWYw&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Top 2 has been consistent for this draft since forever.

Jayden Daniels will go third.

I'm putting Daniels above Maye.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

OTC is usually pretty close on this, their comp pick projections:

https://overthecap.com/projecting-the-2024-compensatory-picks

Jags / Eagles / 49ers / Bills get a 3rd, Ravens a 4th

I know these are determined by contracts but lol at Jimmy G getting a 3rd and Baker only a 5th.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I know this isn't the free agent thread, but what do we think Antoine Winfield Jr. will get in the free market? The Packers need a definitive answer at safety, and I would much rather have him than Micah Hyde or any other option.

He's not leaving Tampa. They'll sign him or tag him. I've read he might get close to if not $20m per season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Quoting the hottest take we’ll have all thread. “Caleb Williams not worth a first round pick”

Preserving this post for future generations.

I'm sure he would also take Mac Jones #1 overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Fat Jesus posted:

Seems an average of 4 WR's are taken in the 1st round going from the past 6 seasons so either Troy Franklin or Brian Thomas jr should go to the chiefs. I hope.

I think Thomas will be long gone. Franklin might make it.