Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

gently caress NYC overall imo

Both of their teams are garbage and they keep getting all the national games because nEw YoRk CiTy Is A hUgE mArKeT

Giants, Jets,
Yankees, Mets,
Knicks, Nets,
What a set!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The nfcn is more fun to watch than those teams and I’m saying that about packers and bears games too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Tayter Swift posted:

Giants, Jets,
Yankees, Mets,
Knicks, Nets,
What a set!

The Rangers are pretty good!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are going to lose to the Steelers in the playoffs again and I'm going to finally ascend to demon-princehood

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Well it looks like we won. Good. But typically we beat up on a backup QB. But we might have beat Burrow too. The Ravens are the schoolyard bullies of the NFL. Beat up on the vulnerable but if it's someone who can give them a fight they crumple.

The defense has regressed namely against the run.

Andrews injury is brutal. But maybe this will force Lamar to have better chemistry with some of the WRs especially Flowers. Beckham had a 100 yard game.

Only good thing about TNF is you get a half-bye week inbetween, and then we have a bye after facing the Chargers. Hopefully that allows whatever non season enders we have to heal up and refresh in preparation for the final stretch.

Now I really hope Joe Burrow is healthy. We need the Bengals to beat the Browns and Steelers

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 17, 2023

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

gently caress NYC overall imo

Both of their teams are garbage and they keep getting all the national games because nEw YoRk CiTy Is A hUgE mArKeT

Dont disrespect the incredible clown ball they always bring us

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Burrow is a billion dollar porcelain doll who comes with very vibrant and bright clothes and has a little cherub face

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

worth e very penny

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I like Joe Burrow and it bums me out he got hurt like that. That sort of thing should only happen to the Deshaun Watsons and Aaron Rodgers of the world.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

I like Joe Burrow and it bums me out he got hurt like that. That sort of thing should only happen to the Deshaun Watsons and Aaron Rodgers of the world.

Equating rape with not wanting a mandatory vaccine. Wtf

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BlindSite posted:

I don’t see any equating going on. Both are rear end in a top hat (Deshaun much more so, but still) so I don’t see anything wrong with hoping it’s the assholes that get hurt.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Android Apocalypse posted:

First it was the lights going out at Super Bowl XLVII.

Now drones.

Baltimore seems to benefit from weird delays.

Somehow Kawalimus will still bitch about this Ravens win.

The Ravens were way up before the power went out and then the Niners came all the way back and were a goal line stand from winning

Nervous posted:

If you think about it, this win is really a loss for the Ravens because it makes them less likely to fire John Harbaugh.

I know that’s the joke but I’ve read this unironically so many times (not just about Harbaugh) it took me a second

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

Brett Veach certainly didn't think so! Seems that decision has worked out.

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1725371900527022142?t=nFUuTqr6zVOVs7mLmN4PdA&s=19

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1725339263993016612

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're not going to fool around with this. massive fine and at least a second round draft pick. maybe 1st + more. mike brown will have to sell the team from being bankrupt. that's what a real and strong league would do at least

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Lying about getting vaccinated so he could dodge other precautions is the bigger issue to me tbh

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bengals are just going to say that he hurt it getting on the plane so they didnt have time to report it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He was working some leave in conditioner and shaping clay thru his hair and accidentally broke 3 bones in his wrist

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:lmao: gambling has improved the product

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mr Splint Goes to Washington

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now hearing that they are fooling around with it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1725515296457298385?s=20

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yo, gently caress Logan Wilson. Dude so dirty he should be a Steeler.

Hes actually not dirty at all, it was unlucky. also gently caress the ravens

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

God I didn't realize the loving team account posted the pic. What a clown show.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmfao

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Shinjobi posted:

:lmao: gambling has improved the product

Lol Florio lost a poo poo ton of money betting on the Bengals.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Logan Wilson is a football terrorist

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i choose to believe that the wrist thing is something burrow uses for drawing on his little tablet because that’s even worse than having an injury

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Betting on thursday night football is deranged.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Cash Monet posted:

Betting on thursday night football is deranged.

Having done it four of the last five weeks, can concur.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

TheKingslayer posted:

Don't forget the Ghandi's. Fucker never paid me back for that tofu :mad:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The injury report is stupid, I want panic tears from gamblers and fantasy players who at the last second realize someone is out and they are porked

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1725536752549740706

He can't keep getting away with it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

bows1 posted:

Hes actually not dirty at all, it was unlucky. also gently caress the ravens

Which of the three dirty hits was the unlucky one?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think if the Bengals just cover every bet placed on them or any parlays that included Bengals passing/receiving yards yesterday, that that's enough of a punishment. let them keep their draft picks if they do that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In response to a question about hip-drop tackles at his end-of-season media briefing, NFL chief medical officer Allen Sills acknowledged on Feb. 3 that the league had begun studying the risk posed by “that type of tackle.” Sills added that “it needs to be a very active discussion point again with the competition committee and others” during the offseason.

hat warning from Sills spread quickly on social media and drew an unenthusiastic response from many current and former NFL defensive players.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Patrick Queen quote-tweeted Sills’ comments and quipped, “2 hand touch then.”

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We talking about the dragging and rotating tackle that hosed up Tony Pollard?

It's a bad tackle, I don't like it, but the league decided against banning it so take it up with the players who want to keep it in the game.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I don’t see any equating going on. Both are rear end in a top hat (Deshaun much more so, but still) so I don’t see anything wrong with hoping it’s the assholes that get hurt.

Yeah its this. Not even the same ballpark of course. But dude is just a dickhead that obviously gets a kick out of being a dickhead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

In response to a question about hip-drop tackles at his end-of-season media briefing, NFL chief medical officer Allen Sills acknowledged on Feb. 3 that the league had begun studying the risk posed by “that type of tackle.” Sills added that “it needs to be a very active discussion point again with the competition committee and others” during the offseason.

hat warning from Sills spread quickly on social media and drew an unenthusiastic response from many current and former NFL defensive players.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Patrick Queen quote-tweeted Sills’ comments and quipped, “2 hand touch then.”

https://twitter.com/KylePBarber/status/1725402246446186560

Well, at least he's consistent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You take away the hip drop you pretty much eliminate defensive backs or smaller linebackers from being able to tackle TEs from behind.