Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Every time people talk about banning a sort of hit or tackle there’s always a chorus of “however will they play defense now!?” and yet they seem to manage just fine.

And tbh even though I like Queen he’s not exactly the one to be talking because he’s never seen a tackle he doesn’t want to let a guy break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cavauro posted:

In response to a question about hip-drop tackles at his end-of-season media briefing, NFL chief medical officer Allen Sills acknowledged on Feb. 3 that the league had begun studying the risk posed by “that type of tackle.” Sills added that “it needs to be a very active discussion point again with the competition committee and others” during the offseason.

hat warning from Sills spread quickly on social media and drew an unenthusiastic response from many current and former NFL defensive players.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Patrick Queen quote-tweeted Sills’ comments and quipped, “2 hand touch then.”

They’re banned in rugby because it kept snapping ankles. I assumed they were banned in the NFL alongside horse collars

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Bucking Bronco Boys will defeat the Villainous Vikings!!!!!!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Queen is a bonafide dumb guy. If you can't play defense without throwing all your body weight on top of a dude's achilles you don't belong in the NFL.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
can anyone with a WaPo sub post that Josh Dobbs article, tia

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Demon Of The Fall posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/11/17/josh-dobbs-vikings-nasa-quarterback/

quote:

The Minnesota Vikings’ offense includes plays coaches refer to as “deep cuts.” They can be deployed in any game and are so ingrained that they need not be installed and practiced each week — “always alive,” in coaches’ parlance. Minnesota relies on deep cuts when operating its two-minute offense. Every Vikings offensive player should know them, unless he is a quarterback who arrived four days before kickoff and was given a backup’s preparation.

Two Sundays ago, the singular life of Joshua Dobbs funneled to that singular moment. He had learned some of his teammates’ names and parts of the Vikings’ offense as he quarterbacked an NFL team to a four-point deficit with 2:08 remaining. Quarterbacks Coach Chris O’Hara grabbed a whiteboard he hadn’t previously known was kept on the sideline. He drew one deep cut using circles for wideouts, then erased it and drew another. Circles, erase. Circles, erase. Amid the bedlam of an NFL sideline, Dobbs downloaded chunks of Minnesota’s two-minute offense.

“I’ve never done that before,” O’Hara said.

In the moments that followed, Minnesota discovered a new folk hero. He was a quarterback who bounced between benches and practice squads for the first six years of his career. He was an aerospace engineering major who graduated from Tennessee with a 4.0 GPA and interned for NASA. He was a beloved teammate with the interpersonal skills to explain rockets to football players and football to rocket scientists.

Dobbs made his first career start in December at age 27, nine days after the Tennessee Titans signed him off the Detroit Lions’ practice squad. A two-game cameo with the Titans earned him a chance to begin this season as the starter in Arizona. The Vikings traded for him Oct. 31, two days after they lost franchise pillar Kirk Cousins to a season-ending Achilles’ tendon tear. Five days later, after Dobbs entered in the first quarter for injured rookie Jaren Hall and received a crunchtime sideline tutorial, he led an 11-play touchdown drive that delivered a victory his coaches and teammates would remember always.

Dobbs owns a distinction that required his blend of intellect, buoyancy and diligence: He is the second quarterback in NFL history to start for three different franchises in a calendar year and the first to do so with three weeks or less of preparation with each team.

“This has never happened in the history of the league,” Dobbs’s agent, Mike McCartney, said. “It’s not like you go to the library and say, ‘How do I handle this?’ He’s the one who’s writing the book.”

In Dobbs’s second start for the Vikings, a stunning notion emerged: The NFL’s brainiest and most iterant quarterback might also be a burgeoning star. Dobbs shredded the formidable New Orleans Saints’ defense in a 27-19 victory with athletic scrambles and pinpoint passes. He completed 23 of 34 attempts for 268 yards and a touchdown and ran eight times for 44 yards and another touchdown, a spinning, juking, leaping display that left Coach Kevin O’Connell slack-jawed on the sideline. Sunday night against the Denver Broncos, Dobbs will lead the seventh franchise he’s played for as the unquestioned starter of a playoff contender.

“I understood my journey might be a little unique,” Dobbs told reporters this week in Minnesota. “Each stop, each opportunity, my role has grown. I recognized that about a year ago around this time. I kind of accepted that was going to be my journey. Whatever opportunity was thrown my way, no matter how big or small, I was going to make the most of it.”

Learning an NFL game plan on the fly is an incomprehensible task, and Dobbs may be the one person on Earth perfectly suited for it. In Dobbs’s view, it requires problem-solving in real time, repeating processes and applying multiple principles across different situations. He is expert at that kind of thinking in two fields.

“There’s definitely some synergy,” Dobbs said. “Engineering and quarterback have a lot of crossover in the mental aspect.”

The ‘Passtronaut’
One thing Scott Colloredo does when he is not sending rockets into space is root for Tennessee football. Colloredo is the director of Kennedy Space Center engineering and a UT alum. In the mid-2010s, Dobbs astonished him from afar: The Volunteers quarterback who won SEC player of the year in 2017 also crushed one of the school’s most difficult majors.

“Anytime somebody has a 4.0 in aerospace engineering, it’s a big deal,” Colloredo said. “When they’re playing major college football, it’s even more of an amazing deal.”

In 2019, Colloredo contacted Dobbs on LinkedIn. Dobbs responded immediately, and their conversation led to an internship, supported by the NFL Players Association, in 2020.

Dobbs worked in what NASA labels the “instrumentation group” focused on “expiration ground systems” for the Artemis I mission, an uncrewed test flight that launched in November 2022. Dobbs’s group, Colloredo said, monitored launchpads by studying hazardous gases, flow rates, temperatures and structural defections. Simple terms: Dobbs helped make sure nothing went haywire on the launchpad. “We threw him right into the fire,” Colloredo said.

When Dobbs signed with the Cleveland Browns in 2022, NASA’s Glenn Research Center reached out to him. Dobbs volunteered in engagement and outreach, helping NASA reach a young, sports-obsessed audience. He also toured the center and “definitely geeked out on our testing facility,” Glenn communications director Kristen Parker said.

After Dobbs’s first Vikings start, Glenn Research Center made a social media post nicknaming Dobbs the “Passtronaut” that included a picture of Dobbs in full spacesuit. By the center’s accounting, the post reached 6.8 million people.

“He can bridge the gap between sports and aerospace engineering,” Parker said. “I have not met too many people who are good at explaining on a basic level the type of work we do here at NASA. But then to also be in the sports world, it’s a one-of-a-kind type of skill set. He could easily do either, and that’s crazy.”

The vernacular used at NASA often overwhelms newcomers. NASA’s engineers use distinct acronyms and lingo, “almost like a different language,” Colloredo said. When Dobbs’s bosses at Kennedy Space Center quizzed him after a few weeks, Dobbs nailed it. It struck Colloredo that learning the language of NASA might not be unlike absorbing multiple NFL playbooks.

“A major event in his world today is a football game, a major event with a lot of preparation, a lot of technical jargon, a lot of rehearsal,” Colloredo said. “When you’re eventually going to launch a rocket, you’re going through all these preparations to make sure your launch team is ready. That’s what we do: We practice, and then we get it right for the actual big test day or launch day. There’s a lot of similarities. It’s probably why he’s become so good at both areas. Now he’s showing the world what he’s good at.”

NASA officials have encouraged Dobbs to attempt astronaut training once his football career ends, Colloredo said, which could make Dobbs an overly imaginative first-grader’s worksheet sprung to life: When I grow up, I want to be an astronaut and a quarterback.

A traveling QB
Dobbs is an overnight sensation years in the making. He entered the league in 2017, picked by the Steelers in the fourth round. He found himself buried on the depth chart with no chance of usurping superstar Ben Roethlisberger.

Dobbs quickly became one of Roethlisberger’s confidants, sitting next to him at every meeting. When the Steelers switched from paper playbooks to tablets, Roethlisberger asked Dobbs to show him how they worked. When Roethlisberger came off the field between drives on gamedays, the first person he talked to — before any coach — was Dobbs. “Did you see anything on this?” Roethlisberger would ask.

“I trusted he wasn’t going to just say what I wanted to hear,” Roethlisberger said this week in a phone conversation. “He was going to tell me what I saw. It’s invaluable to have a guy like that in your corner and behind you. He wanted to play, but he wasn’t trying to take my job.”

Dobbs appeared in five games in his first five seasons, missing the 2021 season after he suffered turf toe in the preseason. Still, Dobbs believed he could be a starter. He focused on improving his accuracy and refining footwork in the pocket. He received few practice reps during the season, but he took mental reps like he was a starter.

After the 2021 season, Dobbs recognized he needed to leave Pittsburgh, to play under a new staff that might view him as a potential starter. He chose to sign with Cleveland, with Deshaun Watson’s looming suspension a possible pathway to the field.

Dobbs became Jacoby Brissett’s backup, though, and when Watson’s 11-game suspension ended, the Browns waived Dobbs. He worked out for the Denver Broncos. The Detroit Lions showed interest. He chose Detroit for two reasons: he wanted to play for up-and-coming coordinator Ben Johnson, and the Lions didn’t have a backup quarterback signed for 2023. He joined the Lions’ practice squad on Dec. 5.

Thirteen days later, Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill suffered an injury that knocked him out for the season. McCartney, Dobbs’s agent, called interim Titans general manager Ryan Cowden, hopeful Tennessee wanted another quarterback option. While they spoke, Cowden pulled up Dobbs’s preseason film. By the end of the conversation, Cowden told McCartney, “I’m liking Dobbs.” McCartney texted the quarterback. When Dobbs told him he was in a meeting, McCartney told him he needed to leave — he was heading to Tennessee.

Dobbs drove to the Detroit airport and left his car in long-term parking, where it remained for several weeks. “The good thing is he had some clothes in his car,” McCartney said. “Because he had just gotten to Detroit.”

Nine days after he arrived in Nashville, Dobbs started an NFL game for the first time. The Titans lost both of Dobbs’s starts, including a heartbreaker against Jacksonville that would’ve sent them to the playoffs. His steady performance under unusual circumstances, though, gave the league a new perspective. Dobbs signed again with Cleveland. Two weeks before the season opener, the Browns traded him to the Cardinals. With Kyler Murray out and unproven choices behind him, the Cardinals made Dobbs their Week 1 starter.

Though the Cardinals began the season 1-7, Dobbs established himself as a viable NFL starter. He kept the Cardinals in games despite a porous defense. Only Lamar Jackson totaled more rushing yards than he did among quarterbacks.

After the Cardinals lost to the Ravens two days before the trade deadline, Coach Jonathan Gannon announced Dobbs would remain their starter. Earlier that day, Cousins tore his Achilles’. On Monday, Gannon called Dobbs into his office and informed him he had changed his mind: Rookie Clayton Tune would replace him.

Dobbs called McCartney and told him, “Hey, I just got benched.”

“Well, then you’re getting traded,” McCartney said.

“No, he told me I’m not,” Dobbs replied.

“You’re getting traded,” McCartney said. “Pack two weeks’ worth. Who knows? You could be going to Minnesota.”

Dobbs was stunned. He loved the organization, his place in Scottsdale and the chance to play. His furniture had just arrived. “I could tell he was stung,” McCartney said. “It gets old after a while.”

McCartney’s hunch proved prophetic. The Cardinals traded Dobbs to Minnesota for a fifth-round pick. Dobbs headed for the airport, two weeks of clothes in tow.

‘Take this all in’
Dobbs arrived at the hotel where the Vikings house new players, a short walk from the team’s practice facility. “That part was good,” McCartney said. “Because he didn’t have a car.” He didn’t know what time he needed to be at work, so he played it safe: 5 a.m. alarm, arrive around 6. But he was still on Arizona time, so he tossed and turned when he tried going to bed early.

“He goes to work the next day like a zombie,” McCartney said. “I’m sure he was overwhelmed.”

Dobbs missed the first offensive meeting because he needed to take a physical. The Vikings’ palatial facility includes an offensive meeting room, a quarterback room and another room where quarterbacks convene without coaches. He at least knew O’Hara, who had coached him as a low-level assistant during Dobbs’s 2019 stint with the Jaguars. Dobbs texted O’Hara all week, “What room are we in?”

At practice, Vikings coaches prepared Hall for his first NFL start, against the Atlanta Falcons. Dobbs took only mental reps. He didn’t throw a pass to any of Minnesota’s starting wide receivers. By Friday, he had memorized the game plan cold.

On the second series, Hall suffered a possible concussion. In an instant, Dobbs went from emergency option to carrying Minnesota’s playoff hopes. His offensive linemen encircled him on the sideline so he could recite his cadence. He took snaps from center Garrett Bradbury for the first time.

On his third snap, Dobbs was tackled in the end zone for a safety. His next series ended when Falcons defensive end Arnold Ebiketie sacked him from behind and knocked away the ball, which the Falcons recovered and returned to the 1-yard line. When Dobbs began his third series, he trailed, 11-3, staring at a huddle of teammates he had barely met. He never flinched.

Dobbs relied on his athleticism and avoided mistakes. He rushed for 77 yards, didn’t throw an interception and kept the Vikings in it until the final drive, when Atlanta led, 28-24. Relying on the “deep cuts,” Dobbs marched 75 yards and finished with his second touchdown pass of the day. After seeking an opportunity for so long, his moment had come.

“He’s a good football player, and you’re seeing it,” Roethlisberger said. “I felt bad, because he kept going to bad football teams and never getting a chance. It’s fun that people are getting to see what we always saw.”

“I hope with his success,” Roethlisberger added, chuckling, “he still returns my text messages.”

Josh Dobbs won a game for Vikings. Next up: Learning his teammates’ names.

So many people Dobbs has met over the years are reveling in his success. In 2016, at the end of Dobbs’s junior season, wildfires ravaged Gatlinburg, Tenn. One coach turned on the local news that night and saw a report about the star quarterback who had driven an hour to visit a shelter for victims. NFL locker rooms are filled with former teammates who adore Dobbs. Two NASA centers are packed with brilliant people who marvel at him.

“I can’t imagine there’s anybody that has a bad word to say about Josh,” Roethlisberger said. “Everyone always talks about the NASA, the smart guy, and obviously he was that. But more important, he was a great guy. He seemed to always care about everybody. He genuinely wanted to know how your day was. It’s like he never had a bad day.”

“We’re all big fans of Josh’s,” Parker, the Glenn communications director, said. “Our center director would like to hire him tomorrow if he could.”

“He was humble. He was down-to-earth,” Colloredo said. “He had every reason in the world to have a big ego, but he couldn’t have been nicer. There’s a lot of Josh Dobbs fans here, for a lot of reasons. … It is a big deal to us to see him doing what he’s doing and making nerds cool. We’re loving this.”

Last Sunday afternoon, before he played the best game of his life, Dobbs stood on the sideline as the Minnesota crowd performed its ritual. He looked around and saw a stadium of purple-clad fans clapping hands over their heads and screaming, “Skol!” in unison.

“Take this all in,” O’Hara told him. “You got all these people behind you today. Don’t do anything but just be yourself.”

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 17, 2023

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

a neat cape posted:

The Rangers are pretty good!

Hell yeah they just won the World Series! :hfive:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Queen is a bonafide dumb guy. If you can't play defense without throwing all your body weight on top of a dude's achilles you don't belong in the NFL.

You think thats what Logan Wilson tries to do with every tackle?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ngl and don’t tell anyone in the nfcn thread, but I am extremely pro Dobbs and I hope the pocket scientist gets his chance

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ngl and don’t tell anyone in the nfcn thread, but I am extremely pro Dobbs and I hope the pocket scientist gets his chance

i loved him at Tennessee and I likewise am so happy he is being successful

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Same, he rules and I like the Vikings squad as well

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

My first NFL jersey is a Vikings Dobbs jersey.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

bows1 posted:

You think thats what Logan Wilson tries to do with every tackle?

That’s a real bad interpretation of his post

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1725563234600583574

imagine experiencing this as an athlete

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

How do you take down a 265 pound runner that is already ahead of you without dropping your weight? What's the proper method?

Legit question as I'm reading a lot of defensive player takes where legislating away head impacts has caused an increase in lower body injuries.
https://x.com/RSherman_25/status/1725559848769667298?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be something if they incentivized fewer dangerous plays by continually using player instinct tendencies of the past 10 years; looked at how the game had been played during that period and made it better to do something else instead of more dangerous moves. when it is "taken care of" by telling people to either do nothing useful or take a penalty, that means more penalties and that isn't a complaint about penalties but about the efficacy of that being a solution. there are dozens of horse collar penalties each season even though it was banned 18 years ago and peoples' response to that is definitely, "that's good. you're bad if you think that's bad," instead of seeing it as not enough. the extent that everyone is really willing to go to improve player safety is adding extra stoppages per game because a lazy fear of changing the stuff that was thought up 100 years ago when everyone was slow and the same size. occasionally adding little amendments to some of its fringes is the best we've got. you'd almost compare football players from many decades ago to something very powerful and dangerous of its time, and then modern players to a modern version of that dangerous and powerful thing, and see that they're still governed by largely the same set of inadequate rules.

off the top of my head current forward progress doesn't need to be the only version of being "stopped" that exists. the meaning of that could be several of many different things for different situations which even out the logistic responsibilities between defenders versus the people who are allowed to fight tooth and nail against them. obviously the reason you look into that in the first place is because the hip drop is banned but it would make more sense to attack it with multiple prongs to stop the actual problem and to take care of people. t wouldn't be just waiting for the next severe practical issue. the steelers are winning the super bowl on february 11th, 2024.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Cavauro posted:

it would be something if they incentivized fewer dangerous plays by continually using player instinct tendencies of the past 10 years; looked at how the game had been played during that period and made it better to do something else instead of more dangerous moves. when it is "taken care of" by telling people to either do nothing useful or take a penalty, that means more penalties and that isn't a complaint about penalties but about the efficacy of that being a solution. there are dozens of horse collar penalties each season even though it was banned 18 years ago and peoples' response to that is definitely, "that's good. you're bad if you think that's bad," instead of seeing it as not enough. the extent that everyone is really willing to go to improve player safety is adding extra stoppages per game because a lazy fear of changing the stuff that was thought up 100 years ago when everyone was slow and the same size. occasionally adding little amendments to some of its fringes is the best we've got. you'd almost compare football players from many decades ago to something very powerful and dangerous of its time, and then modern players to a modern version of that dangerous and powerful thing, and see that they're still governed by largely the same set of inadequate rules.

off the top of my head current forward progress doesn't need to be the only version of being "stopped" that exists. the meaning of that could be several of many different things for different situations which even out the logistic responsibilities between defenders versus the people who are allowed to fight tooth and nail against them. obviously the reason you look into that in the first place is because the hip drop is banned but it would make more sense to attack it with multiple prongs to stop the actual problem and to take care of people. t wouldn't be just waiting for the next severe practical issue. the University of Michigan Wolverines are winning the super bowl on february 11th, 2024.
this is a good post imho

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Passtronaut makes me irrationally giddy and I giggle like a kid :)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Josh Dobbs somehow ends up with Matt Patricia and the rocket scientist jokes will never end.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Android Apocalypse posted:

Josh Dobbs somehow ends up with Matt Patricia and the rocket scientist jokes will never end.
Dont put that evil on him (Dobbs).

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Please I can only handle the Michigan hubris in one thread at a time

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Freaquency posted:

That’s a real bad interpretation of his post

hes saying hes a dirty player and cant tackle without doing that.

Im saying that perhaps Puppy is disappointed that an awesome player got injured on his team and is taking it out on a guy that isnt dirty or a headhunter, and is overreacting.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
also Joe Burrow out for the season

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this is just a video clip of Marcus Williams trying to tackle Njoku last week

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

sharknado slashfic posted:

Please I can only handle the Michigan hubris in one thread at a time

I couldn’t help myself I’m sorry. The rest of the post really is good tho

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

bows1 posted:

hes saying hes a dirty player and cant tackle without doing that.

Im saying that perhaps Puppy is disappointed that an awesome player got injured on his team and is taking it out on a guy that isnt dirty or a headhunter, and is overreacting.

:confused: He’s saying that Queen is dumb to say you have to hip drop tackle in the NFL, as evidenced by all of the tackles that don’t involve throwing the defensive player’s full weight on their target’s ankles.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

The hip-drop tackle in consideration doesn't just mean dropping your weight, it means doing so directly onto the ankles/lower legs of the runner - there are tackles where you drop your body weight to get the tackle done but not onto the runner's legs directly.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Gully Foyle posted:

The hip-drop tackle in consideration doesn't just mean dropping your weight, it means doing so directly onto the ankles/lower legs of the runner - there are tackles where you drop your body weight to get the tackle done but not onto the runner's legs directly.

yeah this was confusing me a little cause I was thinking 'isnt this basically a rugby tackle?' you wrap up their hips, and then slide down to their legs/feet and this stops them from running. but i think a traditional rugby tackle lets the runner dive forward a couple yards more where as a hip-drop kinda rolls them up and helps save a yard or whatever. actually i'm probably still confused.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ooof rest of bengals schedule is tough. Strong slate of winning record teams.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/BCFootballFans/status/1725338794981761410

Keaton Mitchell with a miraculous block here

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Freaquency posted:

:confused: He’s saying that Queen is dumb to say you have to hip drop tackle in the NFL, as evidenced by all of the tackles that don’t involve throwing the defensive player’s full weight on their target’s ankles.

On re-reading the post in question, perhaps yes I misinterpreted it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

It was a ticky-tack holding call, too

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I remember laughing at that cause it looked like Mitchell was basically outrunning Flowers and realized he had to slow down a little bit to keep that block

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Yeah Mitchell is gonna be a lot of fun. Watching him turn on the jets to block on that ruled

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

for future reference you can feed most links into https://archive.ph and it'll bypass paywalls for you

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Fate Accomplice posted:

for future reference you can feed most links into https://archive.ph and it'll bypass paywalls for you

It owns

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Punish them by making them move to STL.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Well this season loving sucks. Just snakebit.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The curse of bobby layne has been lifted from the Lions and now casts a dark shadow upon the rest of the league

The Lions will win the Super Bowl this year, which will open the 7th seal and judgement will be exacted against the NFL, the referees, and the Green Bay Packers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The curse of bobby layne has been lifted from the Lions and now casts a dark shadow upon the rest of the league

The Lions will win the Super Bowl this year, which will open the 7th seal and judgement will be exacted against the NFL, the referees, and the Green Bay Packers

so real talk I think the better narrative is the Lions take the NFC but lose at the Super Bowl, so next year pops off that much harder.

also maybe we can get, you know, another Mi-*yanked unceremoniously off stage*