Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This actually doesn’t count because the Bengals had a backup QB in. Ravens are really 0-11 because of this, and also other reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Every time people talk about banning a sort of hit or tackle there’s always a chorus of “however will they play defense now!?” and yet they seem to manage just fine.

And tbh even though I like Queen he’s not exactly the one to be talking because he’s never seen a tackle he doesn’t want to let a guy break

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

bows1 posted:

You think thats what Logan Wilson tries to do with every tackle?

That’s a real bad interpretation of his post

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

bows1 posted:

hes saying hes a dirty player and cant tackle without doing that.

Im saying that perhaps Puppy is disappointed that an awesome player got injured on his team and is taking it out on a guy that isnt dirty or a headhunter, and is overreacting.

:confused: He’s saying that Queen is dumb to say you have to hip drop tackle in the NFL, as evidenced by all of the tackles that don’t involve throwing the defensive player’s full weight on their target’s ankles.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Yeah Mitchell is gonna be a lot of fun. Watching him turn on the jets to block on that ruled

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

kenny pickett is the worst starting qb in the league, and also worse than a lot of backups

I dunno, I just watched Sam Howell get outdueled by a guy that still lives with his mother

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Despera posted:

najee sucks butt i dont get why hes the one calling out the offense

The article makes it sounds like he’s just the one most likely to whine.

Bigger red flag imo is Kaboly being willing to write that article in the place.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1726631054734495861?t=fjfsj4j7WcS-LRl5jg2rZg&s=19

My dude is trying to decepticon himself into a missile before impact. Jackson is on a whole other dirty plain of existence.

This sort of thing is what makes me roll my eyes at defensive players complaining about taking out things like hip drop tackles. They wring their hands all “golly gee how am I going to stop someone now” when half the time instead of just tackling someone they throw themselves bodily at them hoping for ????

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Quality of Athletic has decreased noticeably last couple years

Yeah, I cancelled my subscription when they cut a bunch of beat writers. They sold it initially as a place where you could get into the weeds on any team you wanted and now it’s getting closer and closer to being the USA Today sports section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

It felt like Mahomes was really trying to force things to his receivers even though it was clear that they all had the dropsies tonight. Like, there were multiple times where he had a wide-open RB for a gain of 4 or 5 and instead of the checkdown he tried to zip it to some dude who would completely whiff on it. Peyton or Eli said something about how when a receiver drops it he goes back to him, and, well, how many times can they let a guy down before he has the realization that it isn’t gonna get better?