Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
kenny pickett is the worst starting qb in the league, and also worse than a lot of backups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I reiterate, Kenny :Pickett is the worst QB in the league.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Borsche69 posted:

i dont actually mind his dumb homerism that much (other than him carrying water for an already dead roethlisburger the one season and then crowning pickett during training camp), a lot of it is clearly played for laughs in the afcn whiparound. he's just a really bad writer - his articles are like middle school level prose.

the big thing was the athletic also used to have ed bouchette for the steelers who was really good (they poached him from the pittsburgh gazette similar to zrebiec getting poached from the baltimore sun). he unfortunately retired just last year, though, so now its literally just kaboly

I don't have an athletic sub but this is nuts to me because Bouchette was an insane dipshit that got just about literally every scoop about the team wrong consistently. A total crotchety old dickhead

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Gonz posted:

The Steelers have gone 58 straight games gaining fewer than 400 total yards.

It is the longest streak in the league.

Does Matt Canada have some sort of blackmail material on the ownership?

He's a nepotism hire that Tomlin can push around and the owner is extremely cheap and never fires anyone mid season.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

So does this mean that their defense is elite to be able to hold teams at bay? Because in that context can you imagine an actual offensive lineup

The defense stinks and is going to get much worse as the season goes on and injuries are starting to pile up. The only thing they do well is create turnovers which is somewhat luck dependent.

The team emits an aura of trash that causes temporary insanity in pretty much everyone they play so they do the dumbest poo poo possible all game long. Those that don't get affected by that aura just blow them out. The Steelers are the Iowa of the nfl. This team absolutely sucks to watch play every single week