Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

I like Joe Burrow and it bums me out he got hurt like that. That sort of thing should only happen to the Deshaun Watsons and Aaron Rodgers of the world.

Equating rape with not wanting a mandatory vaccine. Wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I'm very sad

Same

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think some of their writers hosed off to substack and make more now doing their own newsletter / podcasts than they made as staff writers.

Sucks that the athletic died in the rear end because it was great for a while but can't fault the ones who jumped.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Freaquency posted:

It felt like Mahomes was really trying to force things to his receivers even though it was clear that they all had the dropsies tonight. Like, there were multiple times where he had a wide-open RB for a gain of 4 or 5 and instead of the checkdown he tried to zip it to some dude who would completely whiff on it. Peyton or Eli said something about how when a receiver drops it he goes back to him, and, well, how many times can they let a guy down before he has the realization that it isn’t gonna get better?

Guys make a nice living looking amazing in practice and dogshit on game day I guess. Plus you kinda have to push the ball down field to keep the defense honest - that opens up the short poo poo. I mean - otherwise you get the Carolina offense where you have 30 completions for 145 yards and you want to shoot yourself, your head coach and your entire offensive roster by week 10.