Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

i dont actually mind his dumb homerism that much (other than him carrying water for an already dead roethlisburger the one season and then crowning pickett during training camp), a lot of it is clearly played for laughs in the afcn whiparound. he's just a really bad writer - his articles are like middle school level prose.

the big thing was the athletic also used to have ed bouchette for the steelers who was really good (they poached him from the pittsburgh gazette similar to zrebiec getting poached from the baltimore sun). he unfortunately retired just last year, though, so now its literally just kaboly

I haven’t been thrilled with the Pats beat writer either. After the Buffalo win he poo poo out this article about how we all need to hold our horses, maybe Mac Jones and late stage Belichick really ARE exactly what this team needs and it’s all about to come together.

Then they proceed to lose 3 in a row culminating in that dogshit Germany game and Mac gets loving benched lmao. The Athletic seems to be struggling.

Gonz posted:

The Steelers have gone 58 straight games gaining fewer than 400 total yards.

It is the longest streak in the league.

Does Matt Canada have some sort of blackmail material on the ownership?

Every time the question of why Canada is still employed comes up they double down and promote him or increase his role even further somehow. It’s really something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MJeff posted:

get bought by some bigger entity and then parachute the gently caress outta there the instant the ink was dry.

I mean this is the standard business plan once you're past the mom and pop tier. It results in the enshittification of everything but :capitalism:

The Athletic started out great but pumping up subs and then selling it to the NYT generates way more money for the founders/investors and what happens next is someone else's problem so here we are

Ragnarok the Red posted:

video is :3: as hell

:3: Also I love her to death but my stupid rear end dog would 100000% just eat that bird. I will be hosed up for a good while when she finally passes (she's 11 and in good health) but it will also unlock some things we've wanted to do like have chickens. Which are impossible because she is insanely aggro toward any living creature who is not me, my wife, and our kids.