Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
this is the worst loss for the Ravens yet. Just unbelievable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Cavauro posted:

it would be something if they incentivized fewer dangerous plays by continually using player instinct tendencies of the past 10 years; looked at how the game had been played during that period and made it better to do something else instead of more dangerous moves. when it is "taken care of" by telling people to either do nothing useful or take a penalty, that means more penalties and that isn't a complaint about penalties but about the efficacy of that being a solution. there are dozens of horse collar penalties each season even though it was banned 18 years ago and peoples' response to that is definitely, "that's good. you're bad if you think that's bad," instead of seeing it as not enough. the extent that everyone is really willing to go to improve player safety is adding extra stoppages per game because a lazy fear of changing the stuff that was thought up 100 years ago when everyone was slow and the same size. occasionally adding little amendments to some of its fringes is the best we've got. you'd almost compare football players from many decades ago to something very powerful and dangerous of its time, and then modern players to a modern version of that dangerous and powerful thing, and see that they're still governed by largely the same set of inadequate rules.

off the top of my head current forward progress doesn't need to be the only version of being "stopped" that exists. the meaning of that could be several of many different things for different situations which even out the logistic responsibilities between defenders versus the people who are allowed to fight tooth and nail against them. obviously the reason you look into that in the first place is because the hip drop is banned but it would make more sense to attack it with multiple prongs to stop the actual problem and to take care of people. t wouldn't be just waiting for the next severe practical issue. the University of Michigan Wolverines are winning the super bowl on february 11th, 2024.
this is a good post imho

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

sharknado slashfic posted:

Please I can only handle the Michigan hubris in one thread at a time

I couldn’t help myself I’m sorry. The rest of the post really is good tho

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The curse of bobby layne has been lifted from the Lions and now casts a dark shadow upon the rest of the league

The Lions will win the Super Bowl this year, which will open the 7th seal and judgement will be exacted against the NFL, the referees, and the Green Bay Packers

so real talk I think the better narrative is the Lions take the NFC but lose at the Super Bowl, so next year pops off that much harder.

also maybe we can get, you know, another Mi-*yanked unceremoniously off stage*

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Gatts posted:

I’d like Bills vs Lions

this would be so depressing lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

happy birthday!!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

that game whipped rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Kawalimus born in Kansas City, probably posted:

You're in luck because we are about to have a 2nd half of the season collapse that will be the end of Andy Reid. Mark my words: if the Chief miss the playoffs, Reid will be fired.