Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

abelwingnut posted:

are you guys saying the athletic's coverage has declined for all sports? because i'm still quite happy with the baseball coverage. if anything, that's gotten better.

i really don't read them for anything else so not sure if i'm simply an idiot who's just happy with whatever they shill for baseball or just blind to the decline.

it's very hit or miss in my experience-- premier league/EU soccer still seem to have pretty robust reporting too, and a nice balance of actual deep dives/analysis with the inevitable ESPN-type stuff

otherwise it seems to be whether your team is in a big market, most of the NFC East teams for example seem to have dedicated beat reporters and consistent content. other teams just get relegated to mentions in national writeups + tagged to weekly vegas updates, i guess to give the illusion of regularly posted content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

oh yeah i don't fault anyone whose team still has beat writers for subscribing-- that's just a dwindling population with their staff cuts