Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I drowned (and was probably dead for a bit) from a riptide in the Pacific Ocean once.

But I’m alright now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

cant be a riptide if you survive

Says who? It was a riptide that sucked my dumb 11 year old rear end down under the water out to a 1/4 mile from the shore. I remember it clear as day and I even lost a few minutes of time struggling to survive and get above the water and even remember the feeling of dying (or possibly even doing so for a bit, which accounts for the lost time).

Then, just like that, instantaneously my head is above water coughing up water and gasping, very much alive, but barely. I swam back to shore and acted like nothing happened. I never even told my family it happened until around twenty years later.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

redshirt posted:

Congrats on surviving friend!

Did you learn the lesson of the riptide?

I haven’t been in the ocean since, so yes.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Oh! To answer the question, I won a new BMX bike in a raffle when I was 8 at a local discount store called Yellow Front.

Then when I was 10, I won a new 19 inch color TV in another raffle at the same store. However, since I wasn’t 18 years old, I was ineligible to win and they wouldn’t give me the prize.

Later that year, the store declared bankruptcy and closed their doors forever.

Should have given me the TV :colbert: