Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I have been struck by elemental lighting a few times.

Once was when I was young and went to turn a lamp off and I was reaching over without looking and the fixture for the bulb was really shallow and I touched the metal part of the bulb which was a good 1/2" or so above the socket. Got a nice little zap from that, fingers were a little numb.

Another time while at work this power supply switch stopped working so I took it apart and redid the switch and just tried to test it while it was still open. Well one of the wires was touching the housing of the power supply which the rest of my hand was on while my thumb hit the power supply switch. Loud pop, lights flickering and I missed about 5 seconds and was now a few feet away on my rolling chair.

This other time I was sweeping up while my friend's house was being built and there was an exposed wire hanging down which brushed my shoulder, that was just a pop and a little burn on my jacket, no damage to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU