Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Walking is really good, a clean and organized house is also really good.

If you smoke weed and don't like going out because you're too drat high or messed up from being high too often make sure you have a clean organized house.

A messy house is a messy mind and depression may occur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGgMZpGYiy8

I don't smoke weed. Its funny how many people feel bad on it often and yet think thats normal and dont stop.

The ability to just gently caress up your mind and disconnect in some way over-rides that, like a hangover is fine because the drunk break is needed.

I need to be out of reality, i need to be hosed up and disconnected.

I wish mushrooms or LSD or MDMA was legal instead.

Wee fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Breaking habits is a good way to try and shake things up. Whatever you normally do, do something different. Drive a different way. Eat at a different time. Read instead of watch TV. Etc.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

usually just pray until sunday when it's time to go to church like everyone else here.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dropped the dogs off for boarding overnight, got some beers for the evening, and some gummies for :ssh:

What a great Friday

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I had a ketamine infusion this morning.

my friend does those and likes them. i have another friend that wound up finding some ketamine in a box HELLO FRESH BUT KETAMINE thing and it sounds like a dumb rip off

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
what do I need to have wrong with me to get a ketamine script? i have bipolar disorder and take antipsychotics rn and they're not as fun

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0KWX2a8zY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UQFBtHEFJ8

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

R.L. Stine posted:

what do I need to have wrong with me to get a ketamine script? i have bipolar disorder and take antipsychotics rn and they're not as fun

I don't know if it's good for bipolar or not. AFAIK you just need to have tried two or more antidepressants and found they didn't work, then your psychiatrist writes you a referral to a clinic. It's very, very expensive.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

R.L. Stine posted:

treatment resistant depression is probably enough. location is most important. nj/ny have clinics.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

the super mario RPG remake on the switch. it will be my second time using it this year (last game I played on it was the new zelda)

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuNNcOEgc4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRWRBld0QSs

Wee fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 17, 2023

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I made a to-do list and nailed it today. :peanut:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

I've been through a lot of SSRIs in combination w/ antipsychotics, none of them have ever worked. The last was Seroquel, not a an SSRI but another antipsychotic, paired with lamictal. and it loving sucked. Didn't work and made me sleep and eat all the time. Took it for years until I was like yeah gently caress this. The SSRIs in the past were even worse and magnified all the lovely bits of everything possible. Mania is easier to manage with just lamictal but nothing has worked re: depressive episodes and it is getting suckier

just wanna feel good about everything & chill

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

turned this into feel bad friday sry

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

gently caress yeah :boom:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

R.L. Stine posted:

turned this into feel bad friday sry

no worries

i'm sure you've heard it a million times already but as somebody who works with people who are on a ton of meds and have a myriad of issues, getting outside and into nature plays such a huge role in developing happy and healthy lifestyles. once you've found a good combination of meds and exercise you might find that you can start weeing yourself off of some of the meds (with your doctor's help of course). it is by no means easy to break old habits or find the motivation to get outside, especially if your area doesn't have those things readily available.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

I like to throw myself some freebies on Todo lists so it feels like I have some easy wins

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I like this song if you think its you talking to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDG2m5hN1vo

the bass break is like a reckoning... and the lead kicks in and yeah, I think were staying together, RUNNING IN THE SHADOWS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQVj2mQS5I&t=168s

Wee fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 17, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Dropped the dogs off for boarding overnight, got some beers for the evening, and some gummies for :ssh:

What a great Friday

Sounds like a date night. Your wife find out about the water cooler?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Sounds like a date night. Your wife find out about the water cooler?

smugwife meeting the gbs watercooler:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Luvcow posted:

smugwife meeting the gbs watercooler:

Lol

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

hey there pretty mama

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

R.L. Stine posted:

I've been through a lot of SSRIs in combination w/ antipsychotics, none of them have ever worked. The last was Seroquel, not a an SSRI but another antipsychotic, paired with lamictal. and it loving sucked. Didn't work and made me sleep and eat all the time. Took it for years until I was like yeah gently caress this. The SSRIs in the past were even worse and magnified all the lovely bits of everything possible. Mania is easier to manage with just lamictal but nothing has worked re: depressive episodes and it is getting suckier

just wanna feel good about everything & chill

You're describing my 2006-2008 Lamictal, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Paxil Chantix, Lunesta & Ativan. Oh and amphetamine salts. Like what the gently caress? Guess if anything helped? Psychiatrist was a psychopath in retrospect. Or payed on commission idk.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm glad I have a psych that actually knows how to prescribe the right meds instead of just running down a checklist until they get to one that works. Like every single rx they have given me has been "Here's what makes this med different from others and here's why that's ideal for you" and they were only wrong one time (welbutrin, gently caress that stuff)

I suspect this is because they are a PMHNP instead of a psychiatric doctor because every doctor I've ever met has been a goddamn dumbass but I don't know if my suspicions are right. Just seems like a PMHNP gets into it because they want to help compared to doctors who just want to make 200k a year for dispensing prescriptions.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 18, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
"feel good Friday" is a rip off of rude Jude's show on satellite radio.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

My psych had me on Abilify for a bit and what a loving expensive waste. I couldn't stay on it more than a few months so maybe it would have been incredible or whatever, but that price is loving nuts. Next visit was "yeah, same old. Get me off this poo poo".

I was put on Wellbutrin when my gp figured I just had unipolar depression and it was real fun being in some sort of silent psychosis for several months. Cipralex came before that and was an immediate no. Caused constant anxiety attacks, and when I came off I felt the weirdest poo poo. Out of body feelings, that brain "zap" if you know what I'm talking about, delayed motion-to-brain registration, like a ghosting effect lol. I don't even remember what else they tried. Then I started recognizing mania via journaling mostly, and ended up in a real psychiatric hospital. For a lot of people it's a lifelong quest to find the right combination, and it blows. Doesn't help that a lot of people just refuse treatment all together because being on an "antipsychotic" makes it sound like you're gonna murder your family or something. Bipolar disorder needs treatment above just talk therapy and a lot of people don't understand that either (not to say that isn't important, it is.) The stigma is very real

There's a recent TV show and one of the characters picks up lamictal and I was like oh that's relatable and then she becomes the murderous psycho insane villain.

Weed is good tho.

Nov 18, 2023
Every single day the midnight arbitration is obliterated by 1400

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Lamictal owns for people who have BPII but if you're BPI and your doctor prescribes it to you you should absolutely fire them. Not because it's bad for you or whatever but because it very specifically does not affect manic phases which are the dangerous part of BPI, so they're prescribing you a medication that they should know won't help you.

I'm BPII and it changed my life~

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 18, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I took carbatrol for 5 years, it did me good and helped me get a hold on a lot of stuff

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s Saturday op

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This was a good Friday thread
Let's do it again next Friday

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It’s Saturday but I ordered a meatball sub

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s Saturday op

hm. noticing this also

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Times change. Things change. Once what was this solid routine in the morning has become something else.

All things change. Once we - you and me - learn and accept this. The easier for all.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s Saturday op

It’s Friday somewhere
:cheers:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

N. Senada posted:

It’s Friday somewhere
:cheers: