Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

fighting foodons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tenchi Muyo Universe enlighs dub

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
somethingawful actually started as a Zatch Bell forum way back

thats a bit of history the young people on this forums probably don't know

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

my favorite anime is when someone recommends me a show and they are like "dont worry this one is like so good" and then within 5 minutes its upskirt shots of teenage girls and boys getting that one big nervous teardrop thing and i have remind myself that im an adult.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Poohs Packin posted:

my favorite anime is when someone recommends me a show and they are like "dont worry this one is like so good" and then within 5 minutes its upskirt shots of teenage girls and boys getting that one big nervous teardrop thing and i have remind myself that im an adult.

I like when people tell me an anime is godlike, incredible writing and tone and presentation then you watch Full Metal Alchemist and every episode has forced attempts at humor in it where he gets mad at being called short and gets a chibi face and it's just so incredibly unfunny and they will have this same joke literally every episode for like 100 episodes.

Sorry but I just can't do it

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I like when people tell me an anime is godlike, incredible writing and tone and presentation then you watch Full Metal Alchemist and every episode has forced attempts at humor in it where he gets mad at being called short and gets a chibi face and it's just so incredibly unfunny and they will have this same joke literally every episode for like 100 episodes.

Sorry but I just can't do it

At least stick around for the unique character design and original tropes and storylines:

The third one from the left on the bottom row likes books. The one next to her is more into sports, though.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
what's the one where some doofus marries an elf lady but his dick is too big so he has to go on a quest to find some magic lube

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what's the one where some doofus marries an elf lady but his dick is too big so he has to go on a quest to find some magic lube

You’re gonna have to narrow it down

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
no

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Moron dates girl from space. That's another good one.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Is paul blart one of those isekais

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You’re gonna have to narrow it down

That’s what the elf lady said

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
What about that anime where some random unlikeable jackass is from a "sacred bloodline" and therefore the best person ever and also is entitled to be treated better than anyone else and everyone else is cool with it.

Or the one where there's a creep-rear end dude who just harasses and casually assaults women but it's okay because sometimes he punches a guy.

Or the one where they randomly sexualise children and literally no one thinks that's weird.

The best and brightest animes.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Animayyyyyyyy

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Or the one where they randomly sexualise children and literally no one thinks that's weird.

It's just a few posts up OP

Poohs Packin posted:

At least stick around for the unique character design and original tropes and storylines:

The third one from the left on the bottom row likes books. The one next to her is more into sports, though.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Been wondering as to each character’s blood type

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Goku Midnight Eye and Lily CAT must be in some US anime semi-public domain because those are constantly and consistently on various free services all the time.

I kind of like Goku Midnight Eye. It's from a time when you knew an anime was for adults because all the protagonists were grown rear end men with jobs who smoked.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Horsewrangler Bep smoking Camels is canon

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

The tentacle vore scene was a little too much for me imho

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

bossy lady posted:

Is paul blart one of those isekais

it's more of a concept album really

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

What about that anime where some random unlikeable jackass is from a "sacred bloodline" and therefore the best person ever and also is entitled to be treated better than anyone else and everyone else is cool with it.

Or the one where there's a creep-rear end dude who just harasses and casually assaults women but it's okay because sometimes he punches a guy.

I'm starting to think this anime stuff is no good

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Edward Mass posted:

That’s what the elf lady said

:boom:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

syntaxfunction posted:

dragonball?

syntaxfunction posted:

dragonball?

syntaxfunction posted:

dragonball?

syntaxfunction posted:

dragonball?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Blue Eye Samurai is pretty good but it was made like yesterday

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
the one with the kid that has special powers and some sort of special destiny

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Escaflowne had blood rain, and the villain turned out to be Isaac Newton (not joking), nothing will top that

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Escaflowne had blood rain, and the villain turned out to be Isaac Newton (not joking), nothing will top that

:hmmyes: Escaflowne also had the bad nation accept a surrender with its floating islands blocking out the sun, which is a :discourse: display of gunboat diplomacy. I dont remember what the ending was, just that it was extremely stupid, but I think it was mandatory for 90s anime to have incredibly lovely endings

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
The grand total of anime in my life was a weird koala one as a small kid, two episodes of dragonball, then some episodes of the one with a nonverbal freddie mercury hanging out with juvenile delinquents. cromartie? i tried akira, but I liked the manga more so I stopped like 15 minutes in.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Berzerk is good the guy has a huge sword and totally fucks up a bunch of skeletons and knights real bad

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Remember that part in Evangelion when Asuka was in a coma on a hospital bed and Shinji stood next to her and rubbed one out in his hand? They were both 14 I think. It was deep for some reason. But then at the end they were the only people left and had to repopulate the earth. Makes you think; so I don’t know that all 90s anime had bad endings.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

the 90s sucked hard for Japan, it's not a surprise that reflects in their cultural work of that period

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
Heh, you fool - she isnt a child at all, she's actually the reincarnation of a famous war criminal trapped in an airplanes body.

For that matter why are you gendering this airplane

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Hey gently caress off.

This was my favorite anime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

I still tear up at that scene.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I'm looking for a nice christian friendly anime for me and my family to watch together. My oldest has started to watch secular anime and I worry he might stray from the flock. A cursory search of "bible anime" brought up one called "bible black". Is this a godly anime? For reference, we used to watch veggie tales together before it became "uncool" to him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Everyone who said Doug ITT should be banned

Even as a joke, Doug sucked

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hate Doug

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Shinjobi posted:

I hate Doug

i have photos of you hugging and kissing doug

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe Mr. Dink, but never Douglas

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Add N to X's "Metal Fingers In My Body" music video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
tenchi muyo is anime Doug