Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Escaflowne had blood rain, and the villain turned out to be Isaac Newton (not joking), nothing will top that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

nice obelisk idiot posted:

a weird koala one as a small kid

There's two koala anime from the 80s it could be, The Noozles and The Adventures of the Little Koala.

All I can say is, The Noozles starts off as just a cute magical show and then becomes some multidimensional intrigue thing, the plot is bonkers:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noozles

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 27, 2023

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Ends with a koala piloting two universes away from each other using magic crystals, which had been duplicated via a time paradox IIRC

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
nah that counts, Europe and Japan have a shared love of comics and animation and basically lovingly emulate each other. there's a bunch of euro cartoons that look like kinda weido anime (Winx, W.I.T.C.H, Totally Spies, Code Lyoko, Wakfu, Miraculous Ladybug) and anime in turn loves European villages/aesthetics. There's often cross-cultural collaboration and they kinda overlap in my brain.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 14, 2023