Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

my favorite anime is when someone recommends me a show and they are like "dont worry this one is like so good" and then within 5 minutes its upskirt shots of teenage girls and boys getting that one big nervous teardrop thing and i have remind myself that im an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I like when people tell me an anime is godlike, incredible writing and tone and presentation then you watch Full Metal Alchemist and every episode has forced attempts at humor in it where he gets mad at being called short and gets a chibi face and it's just so incredibly unfunny and they will have this same joke literally every episode for like 100 episodes.

Sorry but I just can't do it

At least stick around for the unique character design and original tropes and storylines:

The third one from the left on the bottom row likes books. The one next to her is more into sports, though.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

These are the only types of anime characters:

1. Very standoffish person with a temper who eventually shows affection towards the correct person

2. Very stupid protagonist that gets through challenges with a scrappy can-do attitude

3. Nebbish pussy boy who's potential is unlocked by a manic-pixie type

4. Manic pixie types

5. Impossibly powerful malevolent demon

6. Robot (usually controlled by 1-4 but sometimes autonomous)