Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I keep seeing this "Radiant" on Mangadex all the time which as far as I can tell is a french comic inspired by shounen. Anyone read it?

Radiant is incredibly solid. I wouldn't be surprised because Seth is a shonen protagonist through and through; although I haven't read any of Tony Valiente's comments at the end of volumes. The story has very strong character writing, worldbuilding, and gorgeous art; focusing on a setting where magic users are stigmatized by the world at large as they are seen as mutants and freaks as they are the result of surviving contact with alien-like creatures. The story definitely leans into some comparisons to real life politics and social climates but in a way that isn't obvious but is very apparent during the Rumble Town arc. I really do enjoy the main cast as all the characters have a lot of personality and interplay between each other. But the story also has really good antagonists which I think a fair number of stories don't execute the best on. Radiant is also a story that is always moving forward, I could see some comparisons to the plot of avatar with this idea especially when the current arc is comparable to the fire season where we get to see how people living in the capital of the inquisition are taught and live. But unlike the fire nation of avatar, these people are plagued by a terrorist group of radical infected who view themselves as the next step of evolution Magneto style and slaughter civilians and soldiers alike whenever they strike.

All in all, I'd strongly recommend reading Radiant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU