Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

"Drugs can't help you be creative! They can only fix problems in your brain which helps you be creative!"

"fix" is a very strong word, especially regarding amphetamines, considering

quote:

Never drew before getting on it and haven't since I quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

drugs are bad for you and should always be treated as such. the only time they’re actually helpful for anyone is when the simple act of existing is worse for you than the drugs

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Dick Fontaine posted:

drugs are bad for you and should always be treated as such. the only time they’re actually helpful for anyone is when the simple act of existing is worse for you than the drugs

Ok so they're good for everyone all the time.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Ok so they're good for everyone all the time.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
he only was smoking crack so he would have leverage on getting his son back by promising not to quit smoking crack until he got his son back

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

you shouldn't attribute positive personal experiences and self-improvement to drugs while on drugs, you should attribute them to yourself and build off those experiences

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

mannerup posted:

he only was smoking crack so he would have leverage on getting his son back by promising not to quit smoking crack until he got his son back

Genius.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Larry Cum Free posted:

drat are you at a Wine and Beyond? Love that place

While W&B probably does carry DO-Double-G wines in some capacity, this was just at a local chain where I spotted his mug on a bottle while buying a case of the best drat IPA in the world (as our rowdier neighbours would say "hop-stoopid"). After trying it it's a very middle-of-the-road safe and sweet kind of cabsauv blend with its extra smoothness as its defining factor, that won't go vinegary even after a few days in the fridge.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

deep dish peat moss posted:

It made me creative as hell I pumped out cool art like crazy while I was on adderall. Never drew before getting on it and haven't since I quit. I have aphantasia and can't even imagine images in my head but when I was on adderall that didn't matter

disclaimers and jokes aside now… that sounds like a fascinating experience. if you don’t mind me asking—subjectively, like from your pov and how you would describe it—what was the difference with stimulants?

curious because i have kind of the opposite scenario going on. weird synesthesia stuff where my brain visualizes way too much. sounds cool, but it actually loving sucks and makes art difficult because i get frustrated and caught up in perfectionist loops trying to express what i have going on internally and that’s just impossible

adderall doesn’t change any of that, but it helps me ignore a lot of it and then my creative output goes up. wouldn’t describe that as being more creative though

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Extremely large butt-plugs can sometimes cure creativity issues

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've taken mushrooms a lot. A lot!

And yet this last batch left me totally useless. I could not figure out how to get back in my house! I couldn't walk up stairs!

And yet I was aware of how odd this was. That I could not complete the most basic task. Trippin!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

anyone give that snoop cereal a shot? been seeing it around but i ain’t paying full price to have a cashier wonder if i’m a furry

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Dick Fontaine posted:

anyone give that snoop cereal a shot? been seeing it around but i ain’t paying full price to have a cashier wonder if i’m a furry

what the gently caress

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

mom, we're out of frosted drizzlers

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Snoop Doggos?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Snoop will only give up smoking weed in the US versions of Snoop Dogg.

The Japanese version will still have him smoking, but the translation will change them to be hand-rolled tobacco cigarettes.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

*starts screaming and farting uncontrollably*

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

pencilhands posted:

*starts screaming and farting uncontrollably*
same brother, same

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Any news from snoop :ohdear:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

he's dead

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

rip

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Thesaurus posted:

Any news from snoop :ohdear:
nothing from Snoop yet, but the journalist team at CBS 8 had an expert Cannabis writer come on to provide analysis of his post

CBS 8 posted:

SAN DIEGO — Hip-Hop legend Snoop Dogg has decided to "give up smoke," per an Instagram post Thursday. It's left fans — and the internet — shocked.

Snoop didn’t elaborate on exactly what he means by “give up smoke." CBS 8 sat down with nationally-recognized cannabis lifestyle reporter Jackie Bryant who is based in San Diego, to see if she might know what Snoop is thinking. “It was an interesting post for a few reasons," she said. "There's a lot of thinly-veiled cannabis culture language in there."

Bryant is a Managing Editor of San Diego Magazine. She explains in a piece Friday what this transition could mean for cannabis smokers.

While he did announce he was quitting "smoke," Bryant flagged the recent vaporizer deal the Hip-Hop legend made earlier in the week. “Why would someone who is literally synonymous with and got famous for smoking blunts, why would he sign a deal with a vape company," she questioned.

"This announcement is probably marketing and very shrewd but yeah, it is a big deal that he’s quitting the very thing he loves and got famous for and going to vaporizing.” Bryant said vaping is safer than smoking. She points to issues with mouth, lung, and esophageal health with vaping, but says it is safer than lighting up.

“I’m sure it's a great business opportunity, he’s got many of them," she said. "But I gotta think he's also in some way, he's doing it for his health.” Bryant said she — and possibly many other pot smokers — started thinking about their own cannabis consumption habits with the recent announcement.

“It behooves everybody to think about how we use this," she said. "How does it make me feel? Does it actually make me feel good or am I masking something."

"I feel like Snoop has probably asked these questions himself. There can be too much of a good thing, and to be a conscious person using intoxicating substances, we constantly have to interrogate things for ourselves and that's the way we use things responsibly and healthy."

She said she smokes a lot of weed — but it works for her. "I don’t think it’s a problem," she said. "But I’m constantly thinking about it.”

Bryant believes him asking for privacy is a little tongue and cheek there. She said Snoop is probably saying it’s a big decision for him and to leave him alone. He doesn’t really want to talk about it. Bryant says something that’s cool about subcultures like the cannabis world is its consistent evolution.

“He's clearly still there," she said." He's just doing it in a different way and I think that's a really cool model for evolving your use over time for your health and well being.”

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

rip rear end

fixed

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Wait, he's just vaping instead of smoking? Who gives a gently caress.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

drilldo squirt posted:

he's gonna drop his vape on the 30th anniversary of doggystyle which is also, coincidentally, the day of the thanksgiving which martha stewart "cancelled" this year

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

it should be noted that Jackie Bryant is only speculating on the actions of the D O double G, and does not have concrete evidence to confirm or deny whether he is partaking in vaping in lieu of smoking, instead only making an interference on his activity of promoting a vaping brand at the same time he is publicly quitting smoking cannabis.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just do cocaine on the weekends like a normal adult

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Snoop dogg did 9/11

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Extremely large butt-plugs can sometimes cure creativity issues

That's true, Goatse is the goat artist. That's why we call him that.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Snoop gave up smoking weed so he could devote more energy to his first love: sex trafficking.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Flowers for QAnon posted:

This is absolutely going to be advertising for a new vape or edible

Most prescient goon post since "WATCH BUSH START A WAR", with slight modification

https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/1726616549099004309?t=cnOYzawCVncUm5w3WvDQaQ&s=19

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I respect Snoop's hustle.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nyan Bread posted:

Yeah just imagine early retirement spending your 50s as a famous philantropist possessing a literal Midas touch still bombarded with dozen plus offers per day begging you to stamp your endorsement on their products, while also in financial position to selflessly support the biggest of charities and drug recovery organizations. Imagine the real idiot move from Snoop here.

He’s basically a supervillain now for not smoking weed to save children or something. A thing he can’t do now because he doesn’t smoke weed.

Edit: also lol smokeless fire pit.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I feel betrayed, and by snoop dogg. I have to go consult my pastor.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Anyone have one of those stoves? I've seen ads for them for a year or so and am always intrigued. They look fun.

Also, I do not work for Solo Stove and am not paid compensation for this post.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

lmfao

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
snoop lion? more like snoop cryin

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

quote:

"I don’t think it’s a problem," she said. "But I’m constantly thinking about it.

Uh...huh.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

It's her job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It's her job.

:shrug: That's fair, I guess. A little sus though, if you ask me. It doesn't seem like someone would have to smoke all the time and think about weed all the time to be a cannabis reporter, but at the same time, I'm not a cannabis reporter and perhaps I would be a lovely one.