Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Not all that niche I guess but the station I have on all day when working is https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_6music

Just brilliant presenters, many of whom are famous in their own right (Jarvis Cocker, Iggy Pop, Guy Garvey, Tom Robinson, Marc Riley, Craig Charles for instance). It’s an alternative station with a quirky and eclectic playlist each week made up of the newest alternative releases but also plays everything from metal to hip hop to ambient to drum & bass. You never know what’s coming next and that’s brilliant.

The presenters all have a massive passion for music which shines through in the programmes and I’ve found so so much new music from listening.

The other thing is that a bit back, the BBC were going to close 6 down and the listeners made such a fuss that it stayed around. You often hear the presenters mention this and how much they appreciate the listeners going into bat for them. It just feels like they’re your friends lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU