Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Carbon dioxide posted:

Yes, there was blackjack in the original.

I mean, in the original you also actually bet coins. But you know, rules changed, you can't have gambling in kids games anymore.

Except for the yoshi races

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Super Mario RPG Remake Episode 27 - Thought I Could Play Blackjack

Taking care of some cleanup before we hit up Smithy's place

I'd watch 30 minutes of magic button

Hold on

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Shredder doesn't debuff you, it just removes all temporary buffs (eg, Geno Boost or Red Essence) from the party.

Meanwhile the Quartz Charm acts like a permanent Geno Boost, so it should be immune to Shredder.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Super Mario RPG Remake Episode 29 - Pounder and Poundette

I hate it here

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

NGDBSS posted:

Meanwhile the Quartz Charm acts like a permanent Geno Boost, so it should be immune to Shredder.

This isn't correct as far as I know; Quartz Charm just applies Attack Up and Defense Up (i.e. Geno Boost) automatically at the start of battle, and after revival if the character dies. Shredder will remove it just like any other boosts.

(There are two other items with hidden buffs like this. Troopa Pin boosts Attack and Ghost Medal boosts Defense, and both work the same way.)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fun fact: Mack the Knife (the original version from The Threepenny Opera, not any of the later recordings) is entering the public domain on January 1st.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

Fun fact: Mack the Knife (the original version from The Threepenny Opera, not any of the later recordings) is entering the public domain on January 1st.

That makes it even worse that they changed his name then :argh: I would have gotten the reference and that's all that matters dammit

Let's Play Super Mario RPG Remake Episode 30 - Yo, Smithy!

Holy poo poo I made it to Smithy without any of my hardware exploding! :toot: It took several tries and 27 years.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
in a game filled with absolute bops Smithy's first battle theme is probs my fav

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
also congrats on not breaking anything man

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Good timing for a Christmas miracle, and a happy ending all around

:unsmith:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Congrats on finishing! Child Dan is redeemed.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

I also never finished this game when it first came out. I think it was more fun watching your LP of it though.

I look forward to the bonus episode of you getting the 100 super jumps.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

DevNull posted:

I look forward to the bonus episode of you getting the 100 super jumps.

4 minute episode: 1 minute bouncing, 2.5 minutes hollering about 100 jumps, .5 minutes moaning "I can't believe we're the quietest neighbors"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

in a game filled with absolute bops Smithy's first battle theme is probs my fav

Shimomura knocked it out of the park the first time around and she somehow came back and just loving styled all over herself with the remake soundtrack.