Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The point of life is to have an impact on the future through the superstructure that is culture and the ever-moving force that is time. This could take the form of anything really, could be your art, things you make, people you affect (good or bad) and even children. It could even be a website that's stored along with millions of others or some poo poo you machined to service a pump in some long forgotten pump somewhere. Even if you're disabled and need to stay at home or you're some wheeling dealing CEO, you have an effect on what the future brings. You are important in your own way, you just need to try and make it happen, whatever that may be.

I mean, realistically, there is no purpose to anything and we all live and die but perhaps there is an end game where complexity wins over disorder. where a little piece of what made us unique and special lives on until the heat death of the universe or the birth of new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'm going to say this too, even after some delay. I get mad at people who hate boomers not so much because I like boomers but because I also understand the frailty and fear of age. The very moment we start taking mortality seriously we start to understand the inevitability of aging and the decline it brings. We understand it so deeply that we want to either ignore or embrace it as deeply as possible.

We hope for our parents to do better than us. We want them to be better so that we know WE can do better. Does this make a lick of sense?