Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

R.L. Stine posted:

this guy is the most serial killer a person can be

Serial killer, or swarm of giant fire ants in a human suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

remember that cool liminal states book by the guy? that was cool

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

liminal ants

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Ants in the spaces between worlds. Ants between your walls. Ants? They're also in your pants

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
this is a really difficult question. really difficult. i'm not sure we're up to this. we may need get the help of a really smart person, or maybe even an owl, to figure this one out

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

We do ants in Australia.

:australia:

Not a huge fan.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

only one, op - but it's extraordinarily fast

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I had an ant infestation in my house a little while back. I got two cats so I opted for the pet friendly ant spray. They were everywhere and I’d spray them and all those ants would die but more took their place. They were in my laundry, my sink and even my bed. Eventually I gave up and went for unfriendly to pets ant poison that they eat and feed to their babies. I figured if my cats were that dumb to eat poison it’s kind of a survival of the fittest thing. Long story short I don’t got ants anymore but I do got cats

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
https://files.catbox.moe/0jd5v3.mp4

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So people all say they saw more than one ant at once, but like are we sure it's not just one ant using just a whole bunch of mirrors to make it's self not so lonely being the solo ant in existence?

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 19, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I, for one, welcome our new alien ant overlords.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm9drIwmmU4
found a few here

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What is this a thread for ants :xd:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

All my ants are currently sleeping. Not a fan of the cold.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I got ants in my pants op

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

The ants are at my house, stealing crumbs of catfood.

But I've got an ant trap, so that might complicate things.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I liked Ant Man 3: Quantamania

(I said that out loud so the ants could hear)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I once had the opportunity to get bitten by a bullet ant but chickened out. :(

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Blow posted:

We do ants in Australia.

:australia:

Not a huge fan.

The black and orange is really pretty

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

I once had the opportunity to get bitten by a bullet ant but chickened out. :(

Is this some new microbrew bar thing?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Here's one

Did you count this one yet, OP?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have these small ants in my garage and I've been killing them by hand in great numbers, but they persist. I don't want to use any spray type thing yet as they are directly next to my solar panel controller and main line, and not sure if the spray will gently caress that up. Afraid to risk it.

They're gone now though, and will be for a while. Frozen underground, I assume.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

You ever see an ant that's really huge and buff hanging out with other ants? Those are called majors and their job is to fight spiders and other poo poo. It's like having a lady bodyguard that's 20 ft tall

Anyway my guess is 100 ants

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm done calculating. This is a real time number, since of course as soon as I publish it, it will no longer be 100% accurate, so many ants having died or born in the few moments difference.....

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

redshirt posted:

I'm done calculating. This is a real time number, since of course as soon as I publish it, it will no longer be 100% accurate, so many ants having died or born in the few moments difference.....

Wait, including the 3 the op counted or not??

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I wonder if you got enough ants you could somehow use them to simulate sex with a human woman...

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

There are 38 different species of ant in my state and probably at least 100 of each of them

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Mr.Acula posted:

I wonder if you got enough ants you could somehow use them to simulate sex with a human woman...

in the pants of ants

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

redshirt posted:

Is this some new microbrew bar thing?

lol no I was at a insect field course where the instructor guy had brought his own ant farm with bullet ants. at the closing day he offered a free bite from one of the ants for anyone who dared. we were a bit drunk

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

lol no I was at a insect field course where the instructor guy had brought his own ant farm with bullet ants. at the closing day he offered a free bite from one of the ants for anyone who dared. we were a bit drunk

Folks normally pay for that, I gather? Where you're from.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

deep dish peat moss posted:

There are 38 different species of ant in my state and probably at least 100 of each of them

hosed up if true

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

deep dish peat moss posted:

Are you sure it's not just the same 100 ants with different costumes?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Scientists have tried counting ants by painting them with unique colors so they don't double count them.

Unfortunately they ran out of money for the research since warham minifig paints are expensive as gently caress.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Honey I Shrunk the Kids had a pretty big ant but it died

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Eclipse12 posted:

I think that's the film that gave me my lifelong insect phobia. to this day I do not understand how the kids could get so chummy with a giant mindless armored beast whose mandibles could casually rip off one of their arms

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Eclipse12 posted:

"Antie came to their rescue despite the odds, allowing them to escape. However, he got stung by the scorpion and was poisoned as a result. Though the kids were able to wound and drive off the scorpion, Antie died of his injuries, leaving the kids, especially Ron, to mourn his sacrifice."

Rest in power Antie; gone but not forgotten

(June 1989-July 1989)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

In college, my stoner friend got an ant farm and we'd get stoned and watch the ants dig their tunnels. But they soon started dying, and each dead ant was taken out of the tunnels and buried as far away as possible. And then another, and another, another.... and so on. Till there were 99 dead ants in the ant cemetery, and the last one died alone, down in the tunnels.

*takes hit