Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Antie was the slowest loving ant in the world omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Nov 19, 2023

mannerup posted:

more than a dozen

fantastic!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

He has control over at least 30 ants :anttony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pzbBAT9G5g

this dude is out of control and must be stopped, but the video was oddly hypnotic. thanks op. theyre good ants.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

They really hate it when you do this

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
can i import bullet ants to canada because i legit want to get stung by one

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

R.L. Stine posted:

can i import bullet ants to canada because i legit want to get stung by one

you could just buy some venom and shoot it up instead of exploiting innocent bugs https://www.novoprolabs.com/p/poneratoxin-314593.html

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

you could just buy some venom and shoot it up instead of exploiting innocent bugs https://www.novoprolabs.com/p/poneratoxin-314593.html

nice, buy 1 get 1 free

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Illegal Bullet Ant Speakeasies

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Remember the woody allen movie ants? I thought this was totally badass back when I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rsImQShehk

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Insects (Insecta)

Recent figures indicate that there are more than 1.4 billion insects for each human on the planet,[29] or roughly 1019 (10 quintillion) individual living insects on the earth at any given time.[30] An article in The New York Times claimed that the world holds 300 pounds of insects for every pound of humans.[30] Ants have colonised almost every landmass on Earth. Their population is estimated as between 1016–1017 (10-100 quadrillion).[31] With an estimated 20 quadrillion ants their biomass comes to 12 megatons of dry carbon, which is more than all wild birds and non-human mammals combined.[32][33][34]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Insects (Insecta)

Recent figures indicate that there are more than 1.4 billion insects for each human on the planet,[29] or roughly 1019 (10 quintillion) individual living insects on the earth at any given time.[30] An article in The New York Times claimed that the world holds 300 pounds of insects for every pound of humans.[30] Ants have colonised almost every landmass on Earth. Their population is estimated as between 1016–1017 (10-100 quadrillion).[31] With an estimated 20 quadrillion ants their biomass comes to 12 megatons of dry carbon, which is more than all wild birds and non-human mammals combined.[32][33][34]

Take off, nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

Insects (Insecta)

So more than three

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

i think there are quadrillions of lava ants deep in the earth's outer core that control the weather

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

R.L. Stine posted:

i think there are quadrillions of lava ants deep in the earth's outer core that control the weather

What're you, chinese?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

BONE DOG posted:

So more than three

5 or 6 probably

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I wouldn't listen to Entomologists on the number of insects and what not. Like are they really going to admit there's only three ants, no one's going to keep funding Entomologist tens of thousands of studies per year if they knew there's like 100 insects tops already the world, so when ever you ask them of course they're gonna say there's quintillions -or what ever bullshit large made up number first comes to their head when you ask- of them.

Remember just think about how many insects you've ever seen at once -and not including reflections in all those tiny ant mirrors, ant uses- and that's probably about how many insects their are world wide!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

I wouldn't listen to Entomologists on the number of insects and what not. Like are they really going to admit there's only three ants, no one's going to keep funding Entomologist tens of thousands of studies per year if they knew there's like 100 insects tops already the world, so when ever you ask them of course they're gonna say there's quintillions -or what ever bullshit large made up number first comes to their head when you ask- of them.

Remember just think about how many insects you've ever seen at once -and not including reflections in all those tiny ant mirrors, ant uses- and that's probably about how many insects their are world wide!

Hail Ant!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
still don't see any

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cubone posted:

still don't see any

Ants are frozen now in the northern latitudes.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

Hail Ant!

:hmmyes:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Alucard posted:

Scientists have tried counting ants by painting them with unique colors so they don't double count them.

Unfortunately they ran out of money for the research since warham minifig paints are expensive as gently caress.

Is this true and real?

And there is a rather cool and good and strange Canadian ANT FARM channel on YouTube for whomever asked about Canadian Ants.

https://www.youtube.com/@AntsCanada

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Blow posted:

Is this true and real?
Yes, Warhammer paints are super expensive.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Getting them to stay still isn't too much of a problem, you gas 'em but it's murder on the poor scientists' eyes.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Blow posted:

Canadian ANT FARM

Love that band

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I, ant.

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

Ants aren't so tough. I could beat up an ant.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

A Tad Ghostal posted:

Ants aren't so tough. I could beat up an ant.

Last person I saw who said that ended up two feet deep!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I saw a couple of ants today, so I'm increasing my count of ants to 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Slugworth posted:

Yes, Warhammer paints are super expensive.

I only got halfway through my tyranid ant farm before I went broke.