Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Splicer posted:

The tweet is parody

NBC News did an article on that tweet, quoting a bunch of enraged people and seeking comments from 'experts' and even reaching out to the Keith Haring Foundation for comment (they didn't respond)

quote:

Some experts suggest that Donnel most likely didn’t do anything illegal in using AI on Haring’s work. However, the post could have crossed ethical boundaries, “because it’s very disrespectful to not only anyone who was around during the AIDS epidemic, but particularly those who died from it or who lost friends and loved ones during it,” said Tina Tallon, an assistant professor of AI and the arts at the University of Florida.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/keith-haring-painting-ai-backlash-ruined-meaning-rcna131974

That pretty much catapults the tweet directly into the shitposting hall of fame :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/nickschadegg/status/1743481434042736789

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
We don't salute the flag here in Australia, at least not unless you're in the armed forces and you're in uniform. I thought that might be another shitpost but I went and looked at the feed it came from and the dude seems to be a genuine 'patriot' fuckhead with zero irony

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's even the wrong salute! Aussies salute palm-out, like the Brits.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

The bbq looks a bit iffy too lol

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Left side of the flag is just floating too.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Chewbecca posted:

thats a badass shirt. i wish i had a shirt with a fist shaped beer holder on it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Chewbecca posted:

Jay Cammy's AustrAliens

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
:-|

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

It's amazing how wacom tablets are basically indistinguishable from how they were 10 years ago, yet somehow cost like 3x as much now.
Still not enough for them to hire an actual artist to do some illustrations though, it's gotta be tough having a near monopoly on a market where they've been price gouging for decades.

So sad, they're the victims, really.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

SubNat posted:

It's amazing how wacom tablets are basically indistinguishable from how they were 10 years ago, yet somehow cost like 3x as much now.
Still not enough for them to hire an actual artist to do some illustrations though, it's gotta be tough having a near monopoly on a market where they've been price gouging for decades.

So sad, they're the victims, really.

They know they have a choke hold on the movie and game industry, why change. Same with zbrush, one of the most frustrating uis that we have to use on a daily basis.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

flubber nuts posted:

thats a badass shirt. i wish i had a shirt with a fist shaped beer holder on it.

Man, just think of the product infomercials you could make for that shirt.

TIRED OF JUGGLING YOUR DRINK AT THE COOKOUT? the voiceover asks as the black and white man precariously holding two plates, a beer, and a pair of tongs spectacularly fumbles, flinging plates and food as far away as possible, flailing as he somehow loses his balance and crashes through the food table

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Twitter thread stolen from the tech nightmares thread

https://twitter.com/secondaryjess/status/1744921666788958568

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

the holy poopacy posted:

Man, just think of the product infomercials you could make for that shirt.

TIRED OF JUGGLING YOUR DRINK AT THE COOKOUT? the voiceover asks as the black and white man precariously holding two plates, a beer, and a pair of tongs spectacularly fumbles, flinging plates and food as far away as possible, flailing as he somehow loses his balance and crashes through the food table
The shirt itself looks like part of a POWERTHIRST video

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Negostrike posted:

Twitter thread stolen from the tech nightmares thread

https://twitter.com/secondaryjess/status/1744921666788958568
https://twitter.com/secondaryjess/status/1744923037546270721
Darth Moll

e: Oh god there's AI nonsense text in there and all. "Scide Rooml"

e2: everyone click this it just keeps getting worse. Some of the biggest genuine out loud laughs I've had in a while

Splicer has a new favorite as of 02:44 on Jan 12, 2024

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I just sent that to a lot of people I know in opera and design. That poo poo is not gonna go over well for them, especially the vaguely racist caricatures in some of those posts.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Splicer posted:

https://twitter.com/secondaryjess/status/1744923037546270721
Darth Moll

e: Oh god there's AI nonsense text in their and all. "Scide Rooml"

e2: everyone click this it just keeps getting worse. Some of the biggest genuine out loud laughs I've had in a while

"cigarette holders" is a weird way to say hands.

I like how you can still see her nipples poppin' out through all those folds of fabric.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I don't believe anyone is trying to pass those off as legitimate original drawings :confused:

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I just sent that to a lot of people I know in opera and design. That poo poo is not gonna go over well for them, especially the vaguely racist caricatures in some of those posts.

The directors ai artwork is even worse and more racist

https://www.facebook.com/100079892251340/posts/pfbid02WjPNpAgoLaczPAZZAdsA1ijVnLkqB9UP9cCityvK3Eg4aTFsjjmsQYefkuydzSygl/?mibextid=cr9u03

Autechresaint has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Jan 12, 2024

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

credburn posted:

I don't believe anyone is trying to pass those off as legitimate original drawings :confused:

They're really dancing around it. No where do they mention the use of AI, and their responses to people calling them out are vague statements about their "artists embracing new techniques."

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Won’t load without a login, did they private it suddenly?

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

That’s one aspect of “machine learning” software I wish more people were educated about : all the biases, unconscious and otherwise, are going to come through sooner or later. Depending on what the software was given to crib from….well, it’s for Madame Butterfly. The play isn’t the issue, but American and Western European presentations of it historically sure are.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Won’t load without a login, did they private it suddenly?

It still works for me:

The original Instagram post is also still up: https://www.instagram.com/p/C1qZlGWLB_9/?img_index=1

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus the leg situation in that second pic. How can you look at that and not at least give the AI gatcha another spin?

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Here's the Nitter link to the thread for those who abstain.

Also the thread has at least two spectacular thread titles within:

PYF lovely AI Art: This man would outrank the president

PYF lovely AI Art: the Baby Who Is Inexplicably A Dodgers Fan

E: KIKIS-STEW BUSTEFLFX

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Here's the Nitter link to the thread for those who abstain.

Also the thread has at least two spectacular thread titles within:

PYF lovely AI Art: This man would outrank the president

PYF lovely AI Art: the Baby Who Is Inexplicably A Dodgers Fan

E: KIKIS-STEW BUSTEFLFX

That is absolutely some COGTIRA COSΠUMΊEIИE DESHGNN I tell you what.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It still works for me:

Dodger Baby is that lady's Kuato

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Not AI art, but in the same vein.

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1745873328894869933

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
It seems like a lot of marketing companies are using AI art instead of paying for artists lately.

The official Wizards of the Coast twitter account posted this to promote a reprint of some popular Magic: the Gathering cards:

It's deleted now but a lot of places saved the art and you can see it's at least partially AI generated, and then probably cleaned up a bit (whoever was pasting the cards put in two incorrect cards though)

They insisted it was real:

And after multiple people pointed out the AI fudged details they had to backtrack their original assertion that it was real:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
There's a wrinkle there to this whole AI discourse - sometimes companies are hiring artists properly, but then the artists use AI, and the company takes the PR hit for it. People are probably gonna have to start accounting for this kinda thing in contracts.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

A common giveaway for AI is things in the background not lining up properly as they pass behind other objects. Some of the bookshelves just don’t line up at all. The draw in the box the cards are standing on doesn’t line up.
You see it quite a lot in things like road markings, window frames and so on. The AI knows there should be a straight line there, but doesn’t realise it should be part of the same background item as the other ones.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus the leg situation in that second pic. How can you look at that and not at least give the AI gatcha another spin?

What's going on with the sword, did she snap the blade off with her butt?

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
like freakin clockwork

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ImpAtom posted:

What, you've never dislocated both your legs and then jammed one of them through your sleeve? Do you even own a kimono?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

You can earn some BIG money. Literally.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Sure, she's great at cello, but will her students also have a cello bow instead of a right thumb?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Zom

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Music teachers! Have you considered... telekinesis? I hope she earns enough to replace her badly warped laptop with a mouse melted onto it.

Also luv 2 play my cello with the strings wedged up against the edge of the table. Nothing below the bridge matters right?

e: Wait what in hell is going on with that bridge???

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Splicer posted:

e: Wait what in hell is going on with that bridge???

Check out the lamp/hand atrocity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Zom