Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus the leg situation in that second pic. How can you look at that and not at least give the AI gatcha another spin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Seatbelt/Tie Hybrid is going to be the absolute fashion statement of 2024, just watch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh yeah there's already tons of lovely AI-generated books on Amazon. Here's a blog post from a librarian who ordered a pile of kids books for their shelves and discovered one was AI nonsense:

... Man, that makes me really angry

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

thread about a set of DC Comics' Batman art probably being AI

https://twitter.com/jamesdleech/status/1766874645423120670

I can't read Twitter threads but lol did they seriously see Batman kissing what is obviously Marvel's Black Cat and go "yep looks legit"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's Black Canary, a DC character who just happens to have the same physicality and costume aesthetic as Black Cat. Totally different!

... why does Black Canary have cat ears?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh, I know, I'm just saying what that reads to me as is "AI got Catwoman and Black Cat confused and nobody double checked because whatever, sexy flirty cat thief character."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Sausages posted:

I totally understand artists feeling betrayed by other artists using AI but I hate this witchhunting BS more than I hate crappy AI art. "I've kept refining the AI prompt to make it look more and more like a picture and now it looks like the picture therefore the original is also AI" is some AI paranoia brainworms. The supposed resemblance is clearly not a coincidence - because it's something this dipshit is doing on purpose. Bonus points for dipshittery if they included the artist's name in the prompt.

There is zero chance an actual artist draws Black Cat instead of Catwoman by mistake. I don't know about the rest but that poo poo is either AI or direct plagerism.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like when they clearly tried to go "See! We can do HANDS" except if you look at it at all it looks hilariously awful.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cllickbaid

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Good enough" isn't the same as "Good." You can use horrible AI created images but they are going to look various degrees of crappy and off to anyone who is doing more than glancing at them. Like we're still not even at the point where hand-crafted CGI can be comfortably mistaken for reality in most situations, AI isn't going to do that better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

I am not advocating for the goodness of AI, just remarking on its capabilities. I deeply hate it and it's poisoning the well for creative jobs and creativity in general.

Don't be disingenuous. Even if you did it with 90% stock footage, that's still a few man-days of traditional vfx on top of a day or two of filming.

Are you trying to claim that was done in a single go or even a few dozen gos?