Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
God the Shadiversity stuff is delicious. It's the kind of Deviantart golden era stuff you only got with Tim Buckley, David "Davey-Kins Foxfire" Gonterman et al delusion. I want more!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Roblo posted:

It's especially great because he is a turd of monumental proportions. I'm so glad the HEMA community (at least in the UK) has shunned the poo poo out of him.

It's a shame because dude knew how to make fun content without seeming stuffy and could have made a real good history teacher but man he really is a piece of work. I've been watching people do deep dives into his AI stuff and it's just so sad (yet crazy funny) how delusional he is. Learning that his brother is a professional artist too makes it all the more sadder because he's clearly feeling an inferiority complex and watching him desperately try to get his brother to say his work is good is almost torturous to see

https://twitter.com/JazzaStudios/status/1712453034499015053?lang=en

and like a flea jumping from a warm corpse to another internet personality, it looks like I'll be watching Jazza's stuff

Songbearer has a new favorite as of 10:48 on Mar 1, 2024

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm not even technically against the idea of AI generated art but the amounts of caveats I'd attach when employing it it would probably ruin it for anyone who's a fan of its current iteration. If the datasets were trained entirely on the users' work or with verifiable submissions from other artists included and the generated component being used more as a reference tool than a "here's what I made" sort of deal, with some way of having viewable results of how much a particular artist contributed to the final result, it would be super cool. I'm not above using AI art myself because I am infamously awful at logo design so having it throw some ideas out to get me started was a big help during my animation project.

But the moment I see "Check out this amazing work I did with my ~*prompting experience*~, this tech makes beautiful professional art available to everyone!" the red starts to creep into my vision. The company I work for recently put up some internal posters which I clocked immediately as AI art and if it wasn't so prominent with the branding I'd put them here to see, but they're amazingly awful to anyone who has even the slightest ability to recognise AI art's telltale signs.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
[[[Roblo's posts]]] :mad:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Unkempt posted:

If you haven't looked in the Book Barn recently, you may enjoy this ongoing content-adjacent thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4056637

Gonna tuck into some juicy schad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Get on the Jeebus

Christaceans on a Jebus