Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It appears fire ants child on fruit tree is a series

My friend and I went to a Tibetan restaurant and they had a ton of these printed out on the wall, all AI generated images that seemed to be variants on a theme, mostly of a child carrying fruit being chased by a Buddhist nun and crying and running down a beach. They all had this same super exaggerated plasticky look to them like this one does so I assume they used the same AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm the road that loops out into the other loop and back to the parking lot it exits from

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is that AI Ben Garrison

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Splicer posted:

Oh, she means sex in the Geigeresque metaphorical sense.

E: her torso is a tube

E2: now I think of it, so is mine

We're all tubes, technically

E:

Scratch Monkey posted:

We’re all just a collection of tubes if you think about it

This guy gets it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Chewbecca posted:

The academic publishing system is a big ol' scam, people submit all kinds of nonsense, most of it goes undetected

That's a big old rat dong though, kinda hard to miss

Unfortunately the AI they chose was trained largely on furaffinity.net. D'oh! Rookie mistake

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's not even a joke.

What if Target had a Steak n Shake?? What if Best Buy had a KFC???

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is this from that paper that got published with the giant rat dick

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hear me out. What if we had a katana handle with a broadsword blade

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Philippe posted:

I know I will regret asking, but why are certain words in brackets?

I assume to emphasize/prioritize them?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
ham phone

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cloacamazing! posted:

They promised an experience you've never had before. I'd say they clearly delivered.

Gotta say though, hanging up giant prints of the AI ads as an exhibition piece is one ballsy move.

Look, they were promotional images, and those same promotional images were in fact at the show. You can't sue. In fact, we should sue you for being mad about it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've always wondered what Bloodborne would smell like

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Someone posted a picture of what was supposedly Garden of the Gods and my mom shared it with my brother and I. I wasn't sure if it was AI or just some kind of Photoshop composite image but it had some auroras in the background but it was also apparently sunset and the rocks had light shining on them from a completely different horizon than where any of the other light in the photo was. My brother and I both saw it immediately and were like "that's obviously fake" and she got upset because she thought it was beautiful and we were being rude by pointing it out

I feel like a lot of older people online think of things this way, where the sense of something is completely secondary to whether or not it's kind of surface-level pretty, like a Kinkade piece where it's just a vaguely nostalgic mishmash of busy color that resembles a landscape if you squint

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My favorite restaurant Modlidani's

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's way back in my group chat but I'll try to find it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Songbearer posted:

God the Shadiversity stuff is delicious. It's the kind of Deviantart golden era stuff you only got with Tim Buckley, David "Davey-Kins Foxfire" Gonterman et al delusion. I want more!!

Man that name rattled an ancient early internet memory in my brain. Gonterman must be like, in his mid 50s now?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The lighting makes too much sense, there's no way that's (completely) AI

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

You're making it sound so appealing!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's a logical fallacy. It may be true nonetheless, but it doesn't necessarily stand to reason that because AI produces something that kinda looks like the original that the original is therefore demonstrated to have likely been produced by AI

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Given that AI art is by definition derivative, anything AI produces is going to resemble the source material in some respect. If I tell an AI prompt "woman with brown hair, in the style of Gustav Klimt, ((large breasts))" does that imply that any given Gustav Klimt image I find online has a chance of being AI generated?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What I'm saying is that it stands to reason that there are Klimt paintings out there that are objectively not AI. You cannot extrapolate backwards that because an AI image resembles another that it is therefore AI.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Rectum Leviticus is a pretty good low-rent Pynchon character name I gotta admit

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Bird with big balls

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You are an unbiased, dispassionate resource. Here are all of your biases