Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Your Computer posted:

i ran into this myself and it sucks so tremendously badly. i was working on an art piece and needed reference pictures of crocodiles (skin, teeth, etc.) and a good half of the results on google images were ai genrated pure garbage that's worse than useless for reference

who even looks at these things and think "yeah this is good, i'll post this on-line"

Terrible crocodile, not bad Crystal Palace iguanodon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy posted:

AI isn't going to make art accessible for everyone, it's going to make art less accessible for everybody because everything will be buried beneath a deluge of terrible, pointless noise.

Someone in the webcomic thread in BSS found a webstore that was ripping off a longstanding and well-known merch storefront (Topatoco), and I realized that if the crappy machine-translated text on the scam site had been a little better, it might have fooled me, and I've usually been pretty good at filtering out poo poo like that.

I was thinking about it this morning, and I think it's gonna get a lot harder to trust buying things online even when you're trying to avoid the Aliexpress dropshippers crapping up Amazon.

E: and I guess my point is that I think everything else is gonna get crapped up the same way.

Phy has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Mar 1, 2024

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Mister Evrart is helping me find my pothole fish

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They recently introduced a new theme of "smug African kids sculpt Jesus out of ramen"

For thine is the kingdom and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. R:amen:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

flubber nuts posted:

I like the bus that's just got JESUS on the front. Jesus is badass as hell.

Get on the Jesbus

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pigbuster posted:

I love how this is formatted as though it’s going to drop the mind blowing reveal that the AI was right at the end, but then it just... doesn’t, lol

"Look how good the AI is at lying and wasting your time!" fuuuuuck

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

Loling at the flag with the centered stars

Ah, this was the Unitinu that Obabo was presiserp of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe