Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Fuuuuuck I'm real tempted to look up his "Red Sonja is not for the male gaze???? Then who is it for??????" video to see what idiotic arguments he makes, but I'm going to try and avoid temptation because I know it'll just piss me off

don't waste your time. you already know what his arguments are going to be.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Wow, "GameCharactersAI" really hates it when a female character has a facial expression, huh?

Also lmao at the Kitana (from Mortal Kombat 11, I assume) one. She was already wearing a cleavage-baring leather bodysuit but that's not good enough, gotta give her slightly bigger tits (and erase her facial expression)

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

This poo poo was nineteen months ago:

Nobody cares. First of all, that's an apples-to-oranges comparison, because one is an image probably generated with the computing power of one processor working for like 2 mins tops, and someone finding the funniest one to post, and the other probably had huge clusters of computers working for days and was cut together from the best possible footage they got. It's like you looked at the CGI in Toy Story and compared it to the CGI in Ratatoing and said "look at how much progress CGI has made in the negative twelve years since Ratatoing!"

But the bigger issue is that the problems with AI generated art have very little to do with fidelity. No amount of increased training and processing power is going to compensate for the fact that these kinds of "AIs" simply regurgitate their training data, but mixed up in complicated ways, without actual thought. That they're getting better at doing that isn't a good thing to be celebrated. It just makes them more artistically and ethically bankrupt. And that's a fundamental limitation that means they cannot EVER sufficiently replace more conventional methods of filmmaking, no matter how superficially realistic the video is.

And despite all that progress, that balloon-head video is poo poo. It could've been done better by one bored videographer with decent editing skills and the help of a cameraperson. And, I guess, access to a nursery with a cactus aisle.