Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Moon Monster posted:

What the gently caress happened to Max

Meth, by the look of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nuns with Guns posted:

I was trying to dig some decent non-AI art out for a game, and fantasy art in general is obviously a blasted waste now, but I couldn't stop laughing at the glasses on this picture:

I... think it's cribbing posing cues from the kings in a playing card deck???

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

flubber nuts posted:

thats a badass shirt. i wish i had a shirt with a fist shaped beer holder on it.

Man, just think of the product infomercials you could make for that shirt.

TIRED OF JUGGLING YOUR DRINK AT THE COOKOUT? the voiceover asks as the black and white man precariously holding two plates, a beer, and a pair of tongs spectacularly fumbles, flinging plates and food as far away as possible, flailing as he somehow loses his balance and crashes through the food table

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Zom

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Saw an ad on Facebook for a nutjob running in a Florida congressional primary that had some interesting art, checked out his campaign page and was not disappointed.

quote:

Our children are the pilots of our future. To turn a willful blind eye to the mass school shootings and child sex trafficking threats they face in the cockpits that are their classrooms, and in their communities, is inexcusable in a modern society. "Hopes and prayers" is not a strategy: It's a cop out. One can characterize that mentality in lawyer language as gross negligence and depraved indifference. It is the willful failure to exercise the duty of care this generation owes its children, and it represents a depraved and willful effort to turn a blind eye to their horrendous suffering.

Unrelated, but also hilarious:

quote:

Possession of a fully automatic, un-serialized ghost machine gun, or even a serialized one, is already a federal crime. But that doesn't stop people like my ex-wife's divorce lawyer Carl Somerlock, from assembling them in his house before he was arrested for it in May of 2019. He would get a slap on the wrist from the DOJ (no jail time) and the Maryland Supreme Court (Reprimand only), just two months ago. The DOJ and MD Courts allowed him to continue to practice law.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I think those opera ones have spoiled me because apart from a few obvious things like the cockpit not being laid out in any sensible way, the mutant model aircraft, and the two kids sitting in the same chair, there's nothing truly egregious. It's just dumb.

The clocks and world map were nice touches. Also check out the chair/leg situation of the kid in the upper left (some of the other kids have too few or too many legs, but that one's the most egregious.)

I dunno, I just like the subtle ones sometimes. :shobon:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

The desk of the girl in the pink shirt (left, near window) defies Euclidean geometry.

My favorite non-Euclidean desk is the girl with the top braid, whose desk is simultaneously behind the dark-skinned boy's desk and side by side with the blue vest girl's desk that is on the same plane as the dark-skinned boy.

The cockpit also has a very fine Escher joystick.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

love the bacon becoming a shrimp on the bottom left

Carcinization memes are so 2020, shrimpification is the way of the future.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
-Senctolic stem cells
-Dizlocttal stem ells
-Rat

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I don't know what's creepier, the body horror straight out of The Thing or the people worshipping it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Beeof: it's what's for dinner

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Songbearer posted:

I'm not even technically against the idea of AI generated art but the amounts of caveats I'd attach when employing it it would probably ruin it for anyone who's a fan of its current iteration. If the datasets were trained entirely on the users' work or with verifiable submissions from other artists included and the generated component being used more as a reference tool than a "here's what I made" sort of deal, with some way of having viewable results of how much a particular artist contributed to the final result, it would be super cool. I'm not above using AI art myself because I am infamously awful at logo design so having it throw some ideas out to get me started was a big help during my animation project.

But the moment I see "Check out this amazing work I did with my ~*prompting experience*~, this tech makes beautiful professional art available to everyone!" the red starts to creep into my vision. The company I work for recently put up some internal posters which I clocked immediately as AI art and if it wasn't so prominent with the branding I'd put them here to see, but they're amazingly awful to anyone who has even the slightest ability to recognise AI art's telltale signs.

My wife was asking me the other night what I was laughing at so I showed her the Wonka ads from this thread and she showed me an Amazon listing for a book of crochet patterns that she had been looking at the other day. The cover had some cute, very normal looking crocheted bags laid out nicely, the description sounded pretty normal, but the only couple of reviews were all intensely negative. So she read the reviews and sure enough, the contents are 100% AI generated: none of the bags featured on the cover have patterns inside, the patterns that are included are at best bare bones but are often nonsensical, it doesn't have the charts or photos claimed, and most of the book is AI generated gobblydegook often about completely different topics.

Then she showed me the related products links. The same author has dozens of other crochet and knitting books listed on different themes, all new within a couple months. The one she saw first had a couple 1-star reviews to warn people off but most of them hadn't been reviewed yet and someone might be tempted to roll the dice on them. Eventually someone will buy it and review it, but in the time that it takes someone to try one and review it the author can effortlessly pump out a dozen others that start with clean slates. Sure, consumers will learn to get wiser and more cautious... but what does that do to someone who is actually trying to publish a book of real crochet patterns? AI isn't going to make art accessible for everyone, it's going to make art less accessible for everybody because everything will be buried beneath a deluge of terrible, pointless noise.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lobsters' original sin is being tasty, so I hope they never get saved.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Splicer posted:

When you mistype the prompt for your erotic RP cleric powers.

Mistype?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Flesh Forge posted:

this approach is literally never going to replace traditional planned and recorded video and VFX for anything important lol

Well yes, but that doesn't contradict the assertion that it's going to start making inroads in local advertising soon

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ia! Ia! Pize'a tic'ang 'Blagr!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

F-3:14 Rapture

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009