Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
MASTERPIECE :kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Your Computer posted:

i ran into this myself and it sucks so tremendously badly. i was working on an art piece and needed reference pictures of crocodiles (skin, teeth, etc.) and a good half of the results on google images were ai genrated pure garbage that's worse than useless for reference

who even looks at these things and think "yeah this is good, i'll post this on-line"

very cool that later generations of AI will be trained on the output of current gen like this :thumbsup:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone in the comments posted a photo of the lone Oompa Loompa they had at the show

:v:

update on this

https://twitter.com/EmmaTolkin/status/1763335348711801193

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

thread about a set of DC Comics' Batman art probably being AI

https://twitter.com/jamesdleech/status/1766874645423120670

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/dibujantemierda/status/1767133876424466453

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

looking forward to the insane bit rot that we'll be getting as current and future image generative AIs are trained on the output of earlier ones, and because there is so goddamn much of it it's going to be weighted pretty heavily

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Isn't that already happening with some of the engines?

yeah any that already crawl the art galleries are already getting crammed full of their own poop lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

tbh Jesus would probably not be too pleased either

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

a lotta people don't know this but Jesus was a Jew

its true

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Splicer posted:

Christaceans

:hmmyes:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

IUG posted:

It can’t figure out how mirrors work, so instead there’s a framed picture of another room mounted to a drawer.

The whole paradigm of current generative AI makes no attempt at all to simulate an environment or things like human anatomy so imo it will just never get these things right with 100% reliability, no matter how much you train it

Deformed Church posted:

Let's see an updated ai video of Will Smith eating spaghetti so we can judge properly. Those hosed up Marios aren't doing anything nearly so complicated.

Moreover these are very recognizable trademarked characters because it's trained on the huge amounts of existing media of those characters, so this output isn't useful for anything other than "oh neat" - if you own that IP already you don't need the Herbert West Re-Animator version

Flesh Forge has a new favorite as of 17:55 on Mar 18, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Don't use your flash

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LOL at the "readers added context" box. :v:

FWIW the video was called "ABC Phonic Song - A for Apple, Nursery Rhymes, KIDS AI" and has been taken down for violating Youtube's community guidelines, although it doesn't say which guideline it broke. The channel is still up and some of their stuff is horrific:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1WeVYNkmOs

Probably the G is for GUN with the cartoony M-16

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

are you thinking that the people who post that kind of content put a lot of editorial effort into it

e:
https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1770779019824218439

Flesh Forge has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Mar 21, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I find it really dubious that multiple radiologists are passing all their films through chatbot AIs for diagnosing patients.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/shykids/status/1772347121296883981

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's impossible to deny how good that video looks compared to even a couple months ago. I'm reminded of digital photographs (and eventually green screen) replacing hand painted backdrops in film; this quote from one of the last remaining scenics seems appropriate:

getting a bit hard to distinguish from a random piece of stock video footage that it was trained on, yeah that's amazing

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I am not advocating for the goodness of AI, just remarking on its capabilities. I deeply hate it and it's poisoning the well for creative jobs and creativity in general.

Don't be disingenuous. Even if you did it with 90% stock footage, that's still a few man-days of traditional vfx on top of a day or two of filming.

this was absolutely not generated in one pass, you have zero information about how much time it took to render, how many runs were executed and discarded to pick a few seconds out of who knows how many discards per cut, how much server time and cost to render etc

and all to have very low control over the actual output so whatever you get is going to be an enormous compromise

this approach is literally never going to replace traditional planned and recorded video and VFX for anything important lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

When I say it's poisoning the well for creativity, I mean that this will be used to eliminate creative and technical jobs in the arts, and soon.

who do you think the market is, for generated video like what Sora is producing that gives you 60 seconds of non-determinative output based on a single prompt sentence? who is going to pay to have these created and how do you think they're going to be used in a way that replaces a guy with a camera and the talent to use it? a very high percentage of people on the planet have a pretty high quality camera in their phone but there's only a couple of Ridley Scotts and Martin Scoceses and Stanley Kubricks, why do you think this bullshit is somehow going to replace talent lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There are a lot of ads that have forgone studio cameras for iPhones and there's press content that used to be shot in studio being shot at home or in hotel rooms by phones (which started as a Covid thing but continues now) and aired on news and talk programs. I have no clue where you're getting the idea that I think this is anywhere near useful for 9-figure blockbusters. We're going to start to see it in ads first and then things like kids' cartoons or music videos and then as b-roll or establishing shots on TV shows.

If you want to bring up those famous directors, they all started with basic jobs in film and photography that are already being eliminated by high quality phone cameras. The more you squeeze people out of these industries, the fewer talented artists will emerge.

yes that's what I said, there are high quality cameras in the hands of the majority of people on the planet and have been for many years now but only a few of them use them to make money, why do you think that is? why isn't everyone doing those basic jobs in film and photography despite having very good tools for it at their fingertips, why do those jobs still exist?
e: your position seems to be that high quality tools replace talent. lol.

the holy poopacy posted:

Well yes, but that doesn't contradict the assertion that it's going to start making inroads in local advertising soon

I have no doubt that some people will try to apply it this way but why aren't just any random people doing paid ad work if you think this kind of highly random non-directed AI gibberish is going to be something clients will be willing to pay for

Flesh Forge has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Mar 28, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Those jobs don't really exist anymore.

this just isn't true at all :confused:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I just don't know what to say other than ok dude :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't think it's correct to say that Getty Images is doing badly

I don't know where you're getting information that their revenue has dropped by half either :confused:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

He fried for your sins.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/fakehistoryhunt/status/1772968846695014412

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Megera posted:

that's definitely someone's fetish

yeah it's also fetish content, there's a lot of stuff like this that is technically passable but you know it's somebody's jerkoff material.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/MrGeorgeBlank/status/1773705026260656499

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1775679825568780394

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

George Crudo is a Zbrush guy who posts informative stuff like this fairly often, this is the kind of tool that is hyped as "THIS WILL REPLACE ALL THE 3D GAME ARTISTS" yadda yadda :jerkbag:

I'm interested in it because I'm in the intermediate-ish hobbyist tier of 3d content and I can understand exactly why all this poo poo is fundamentally trash and will be for the foreseeable future. George does a good job explaining this stuff though, it's an interesting thread worth reading

https://twitter.com/GeorgeCrudo/status/1775726727492190701

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

see now THAT'S art

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah this fuckwit which was posted earlier in the thread was trying to brute force creative control over the AI in replicating and improving a sketch by laboriously typing in a long complicated prompt, pumping out thousands of results, selecting one which had an element which matched his artistic vision and then isolating that element and photoshopping it onto his art, and then repeating that process for every single part of the full image. It apparently took him days to achieve the finished result which still looked like dog poo poo and he got dragged all over the internet

It's the most tedious, least rewarding way to force "creative control" onto an AI art app. It's just baffling

almost all of the enthusiasm for this kind of stuff boils down to "I don't have any talent and I'm not going to work on developing it, give me a thing that does the talent part for me"

a lot of these guys tipped their hands when they showed their prompts containing stuff like "trending on artstation" lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

DAZ (hugely successful 3d content broker) has decided to shoot themselves in the dick

https://blog.daz3d.com/introducing-daz-ai-studio/

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

DAZ (hugely successful 3d content broker) has decided to shoot themselves in the dick

https://blog.daz3d.com/introducing-daz-ai-studio/

some sample outputs from this, keep in mind this dataset seems to have been trained on a bunch of prior DAZ gallery renders and it's actually trying to mimic the style of those poser/daz renders

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

re: DAZ they're a 3d content broker (character textures, hair, clothes is 95% of the content they sell) and the majority of their marketplace consumers are hobbyists who buy all this poo poo to essentially show to each other in various gallery sites, and promoting this to the same userbase is like an extremely successful heroin dealer handing out free self-contained infinite heroin factories to all their biggest whales lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Heath posted:

Loling at the flag with the centered stars

Phy posted:

Ah, this was the Unitinu that Obabo was presiserp of

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1781010866709676215