Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Killing Jelq posted:

Even with the spoilered info, this seems too perfect not to be satire—starting with observing “empty space” in the original and filling it with ever more bright, grotesque detail and then also having the character give the middle school level edgy take on racism.

I mean, the chuds like that painting…

E: I also found the unfoldable folding chairs too-perfectly infuriating

It's an obvious joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

looks more like lovely photoshopping / paintover, this is the second time disney did this parody badly, but their new 3d characters look even worse

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Dec 16, 2023

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

IUG posted:

I’m going to have to unbookmark this thread if it’s just “here’s what lovely people are using the tool for” thread. Laughing at too many fingers, arms is one thing. Video #122 of women getting beaten with weapons is not humor.

Yeah i am not interested in another Tweets I Dislike Thread

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

from some human rights activists on linkedin

they got the general composition they wanted, but didn't really make the facial expressions work for what they wanted to convey, at all

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Man, lot of this on linkedin. Here's balenciaga trying to animate some of their archival photos

quote:

To celebrate the coming new year and the closing of 2023, Balenciaga presents animated artworks that bring new life to archival images from the era of the Couture House’s founder, Cristóbal Balenciaga.
Using AI technology, a series of archive images taken by fashion photographer Thomas Kublin for Cristóbal Balenciaga, which capture several iconic masterworks, are imbued with movement, bridging a past with a future.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/balenciaga_to-celebrate-the-coming-new-year-and-the-activity-7146092452502802432-teFL

They clearly didn't really know what the original fashion pics were going for, or curate the results to only the ones that worked (for instance, check out 0:26, where the original photo seems to be going for an artsy motion blur, and the ai animation just turns it into a stubby half-arm)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

GOG bought some stock 'pixel art' for their winter sale banner

Apparently someone on adobe is selling poorly made pixelish art, and getting buyers.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Another weird quasi-scam I've seen popping up more and more frequently is ads with obviously AI-generated images (almost always with copy that talks about how the artist is going out of business and selling off their excess stock for crazy low low prices) but they actually follow through and mail out actual physical reproductions to anyone dumb enough to place an order, and the end products are hilariously lovely

AI ad:

What people actually receive:

I think you have it reversed, they have some mediocre physical objects and they are using an Ai tool to add backgrounds and extra detail for the ads

Which is harder: making a thousand crappy sculpture to match some random image, or sticking an image of one of the thousand crappy sculptures you have available to dropship into an image-to-image generator for your ads

(like 10 years ago there was a 'HOW TO DRAW YOUR FRIENDS AS ANIME' ad which did a similar thing - they used photos of cosplayers as the 'before' and then manga images as the after)

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Jan 6, 2024

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Forbes did an article about it and tracked down the Instagram artist who created the original AI lamp images which the scammers ripped off: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattno...sh=170c59806612
They've since deleted their Insta and the internet wayback machine didn't keep a copy

Edit: it's a lot more obvious with the skull hoodie figurines, the original AI generated images had hosed up hands and the lovely products replicate the hosed up AI anatomy

so they didn't even make the images themselves? And then made a crappy physical lamp? that is a really bizarre level of lazy, why wouldn't they copy a non-ai lamp?

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 07:29 on Jan 6, 2024

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Those fake lamps are being sold all over eBay and Amazon by thousands upon thousands of vendors, it's clearly some sort of bait-and-switch scam and I assume their aim is to drag out delivery times and complaint resolution as long as possible until they rack up a certain number of sales, at which point they simply dump the account and start over. I guess if they mail out an actual physical item which mostly resembles the images at the top of the ad means they can drag out the process even longer since they actually "fulfill" the sales so they get cycled into the refund process instead of having their account deleted right away

Here's one vendor from Amazon, scroll down and check out all the feedback they got. :v:
https://www.amazon.com/POPUBABI-Animal-Table-Lamp-Decoration/dp/B0CNBJH7KC/?th=1

Note that they include a video of the lovely real world product, I guess they're relying on their marks to not scroll that far

also all over aliexpress, including some people who just post the actual product photos and some who do further edits

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these accounts were fully automated dropshippers

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/16/air-canada-chatbot-lawsuit

Good news, if AI chatbots make poo poo up, it's binding!

Less lovely AI art and more unexpectedly good AI customer support.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The reason the ai babble books on amazon are happening so quickly is because they already had a pipeline doing that but filling them with random websites and wikipedia pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Show a blurry photo then run a cool enhance effect across it to show the ai upscale, bam you added more content and are disclosing it.