Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

N. Senada posted:

Not quite the same but I hope this is in spirits with the thread

Even with the spoilered info, this seems too perfect not to be satire—starting with observing “empty space” in the original and filling it with ever more bright, grotesque detail and then also having the character give the middle school level edgy take on racism.

I mean, the chuds like that painting…

E: I also found the unfoldable folding chairs too-perfectly infuriating

The Killing Jelq has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Nov 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

I’m also a fan of the lovely (boring and misleading) AI ads that spring up like mushrooms to cover all permutations of a google search for some service: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uwkAQnVUE4. This stuff is everywhere.

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Splicer posted:

It's also just like... resting on the pie. It's not so much a top crust as a topping.

I completely skipped over the pie at first because I couldn't tear my eyes away from Tony's hot meat pillbug

The uncanny (hidden) valley problem seems as bad for food pics as it does for faces.
Broccoli is the only recognizable food in that picture. The white sauce oozing out of the knifecuts in the fried chicken from the lelnach side picture gives me the dry heaves.

e: this might also be a joke/prank/clickbait. Still looks gross.

The Killing Jelq has a new favorite as of 02:19 on Dec 2, 2023

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

ScienceSeagull posted:

If you read the labels you'll find it's a Dissliced.

This sort of thing happens way too often. There have been published papers with photos that were literally copy-pasted or poorly photoshopped, and not caught by peer-reviewers. You'd think someone would notice that the captions were gibberish and the rat was a body horror abomination though...

Yeah, I wonder if they had all of the figures at the end of the manuscript and the reviewers didn’t even glance at them.

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Wonder dillphin indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Samovar posted:

Absolute brain damage, those pics.

Yeah. OP should get back in the group chat and ask Ernest when he’s going to be done with Ready Player Three.