Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

egg_dog posted:

Sorry for this

Please don't post AI generated Pawn :dadjoke:

Appropriate username though, Bing users hate the eggdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Nice to see that most people don't want this to end up as PYF lovely AI Art: a picture tells a thousand slurs

I'm trying to find one of the AI blogspam sites that was hilariously bad uncurated GPT articles with automated AI art illustration/captioning, it's terrible but also innocent enough for the thread, I'm sure there's threadworthy material on DeviantArt but I don't really wanna see that kind of thread either.

Having said that I had to see this the other day so now the rest of you can too :
:nws::nws:

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Found this while trying to find the other site: NFT bro publishes an AI book!

The Sausages has a new favorite as of 11:17 on Dec 28, 2023

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

like freakin clockwork

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

They didn't even remove the Bing watermark

The Sausages has a new favorite as of 06:32 on Jan 18, 2024

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Most of the elaborate prompt-fu is cargo culting - people are copying phrases and words that more often than not don't affect the output, because they saw it in someone elses prompting and it seems logical to put stuff like "masterpiece" as a prompt or "bad anatomy" in the negative. But the models/loras/embeddings used affect the style and composition far more than "masterpiece, bad anatomy" do, and some things that seem sensible to AI creators are provably meaningless to the AI e.g, iirc "extra limbs" has zero effect on the number of limbs when included in a SD1.5 prompt, no matter how many (()) you include,

The A1111 interface makes it trivial to drop in hundreds of style tokens in every prompt, which is great for lazy AI creators. But they'd get better results starting with a clean slate and incremental tweaking of prompts instead of that overwrought word salad.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Apologies for nitpicking but that's how GAN image generators work. Diffusion Models such as SD, MJ or Dall-e are trained by adding noise to an image in a way that allows the AI model to learn to reverse the process. "Plagiarism Machines" is an excellent and accurate description in both cases.

The other nitpick is the text used for the SD dataset was the alt text i.e. what gets displayed if the image doesn't load, and not the text from the page or comments. Apparently you can search the dataset here to get an idea of the GI part of AI's GIGO, or to see if your pics are included in the dataset.

There's also another anime/hentai trained dataset ripped from danbooru or something that had more accurate captioning and some of that has spilled into people's prompts e.g. 1girl, or pretty much anything with underscores. So "extra_limbs" might have an effect as a prompt (positive or negative) with the Waifu models, but both "extra_limbs" and "extra limbs" won't be effective with SD models.

For Dall-e 3 the dataset was re-captioned by AI image analyzers; MJ and SD are probably following suit as fast as their budgets allow.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

AI is too worthless to do anything of value but just functional enough to destroy any remaining semblance of trust or credibility for anything across the entire internet cool love that for it
If AI somehow kills Amazon because there's no reliable way to order genuine products anymore it'd be worth it

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

I totally understand artists feeling betrayed by other artists using AI but I hate this witchhunting BS more than I hate crappy AI art. "I've kept refining the AI prompt to make it look more and more like a picture and now it looks like the picture therefore the original is also AI" is some AI paranoia brainworms. The supposed resemblance is clearly not a coincidence - because it's something this dipshit is doing on purpose. Bonus points for dipshittery if they included the artist's name in the prompt.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Maybe it's both for all I care but "I replicated it with AI therefore the original is AI" is an idiotic non-sequitur that shouldn't be accepted as evidence of anything.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Tech bros have terminal brain worms

The charitable interpretation is they're pointing out that claude.ai lacks a "no medical diagnosis" clause which most publicly accessible AI services have. Charitably it's all bullshit. why would anyone send their medical information to a blue tick?

otoh, tech bros have terminal brain worms, moreso if participating in the attention economy. I don't care to dig to find out how true this bullshit is.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

does anyone have any idea how much money this bullshit saves vs using stock art?

I'm guessing the "audiobook" using this cover is also minimum effort AI-generated audio slop as the narrators don't exist.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Surely Peter Gabriel could do something interesting with AI

watches video of same janky rear end deforum effect as every other AI video

:smith:

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Splicer posted:

Eh... beautifully animated but extremely generic in its own way.
I feel like anyone with a RTX 4090 and a week's worth of playing with Animatediff/Deforum could work out something slightly better. It's not exactly a lovely effect but it's very hard to differentiate between low effort/high effort. I kinda want to have a crack at it but IDK if I'll find the time for it.

Anyway the only Pink Floyd/Animation fan combo I'd recommend is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBWbpFz3wac

Splicer posted:

The difference between doing something interesting with AI vs doing something interesting with stop motion animation or whatever is that you look at stop motion animation and think "OK, what are the strengths of this, what are the weaknesses, what are the quirks, and how do I emphasise the strengths, leverage the quirks, and either avoid, compensate for, or do something weird with the weaknesses."

But the whole point of black box neural network AI generation is that you have minimal fine control over the final product, so how do you do any of that? Maybe draw a barebones scene by hand and then run it through an image to image to generator using a bunch of different seeds or prompts where the different AI takes on it are the point? But even then the final product doesn't make sense outside the context of "hey look ma I'm using AI!" whereas the sledgehammer video is neat as a standalone piece of art even if you've never heard of stop motion animation.
I suspect part of the reason Peter Gabriel is using SD is because he has more control over it in some ways compared to the ostensibly superior AI vidgen services. There's an a1111 loopback extension that would be great for making things vibe in time with the music compared to Deforum; I've done limited work with Animatediff and SVD and so much of the AI video stuff is the AI equivalent of herding cats. It's easy to complain about the generic stuff but when it comes to video it's still the cutting edge of what can be done on your own hardware.

The Sausages has a new favorite as of 11:08 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

credburn posted:

God dammit that "eyes almost closed" thing actually works.

old news