Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

https://youtu.be/Geja6NCjgWY?si=AprAYNJVbL2T65QR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

The Killing Jelq posted:

I’m also a fan of the lovely (boring and misleading) AI ads that spring up like mushrooms to cover all permutations of a google search for some service: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uwkAQnVUE4. This stuff is everywhere.

Yeah, for some time now there are obvious fake search results which make no sense at all. Like once I searched for something like “CSS border gradient” and got results with things like
“Shop now for great prices on CSS border gradients!”
“Book your CSS border gradient holiday here!”

But soon I imagine we’ll see AI generating entire almost-convincing fake websites in seconds to match your search terms.
Ooh the small island of CSS Border Gradient looks lovely at this time of year, such great beaches and fancy restaurants. Yes, you can have my credit card details!

Stoatbringer has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Nov 26, 2023

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

A common giveaway for AI is things in the background not lining up properly as they pass behind other objects. Some of the bookshelves just don’t line up at all. The draw in the box the cards are standing on doesn’t line up.
You see it quite a lot in things like road markings, window frames and so on. The AI knows there should be a straight line there, but doesn’t realise it should be part of the same background item as the other ones.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

credburn posted:

I'm not sure what this is even supposed to be selling me. A search engine or something?

Facebook is pretty saturated with this poo poo right now. Actually, I think the algorithm thinks I'm interested specifically in products that are being sold to me via lovely AI art.

Not much legroom for that toilet.

Though as she has such tiny legs it’s probably fine.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Good job his nappies are watertight.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Goldilocks no!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Just stayin’ vigilant, watching over the empty landscape in case anything suddenly happens out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Yeah but monkeyfaced orchids are real.

And Naked Man Orchids (orchis italica).