Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

some good idiot boomers arguing about a lovely photo being ai and other idiots defending it with the worst explanations (AI is too perfect)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Classic /r/shittyHDR claims more victims

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I think AI is just getting better at making bad images.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Same with all the garbage YouTube cartoons that are ai generated slop. Grifting this crap on dumb adults is one thing, but weaponizing it against children in a way that does measurable harm to their learning and intelligence should be criminalized.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Goons know about it because it went viral at large. Not the other way around. SA is no longer a cultural powerhouse of spreading the dumbest and worst things on the internet.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

looking forward to the insane bit rot that we'll be getting as current and future image generative AIs are trained on the output of earlier ones, and because there is so goddamn much of it it's going to be weighted pretty heavily

Isn't that already happening with some of the engines?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In this particular case with the Batman art I think their argument is pretty weak. Other companies have been caught out using AI art recently and it's usually a bit more obvious and I suspect that people have been keeping an eye out for it showing up in comicbooks but they may have jumped the gun

This story got picked up by CBR so maybe DC will actually weigh in on it: https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-batman-alleged-ai/

It's at least incredibly inconsistent internally in that issue and at large with that artist's work in ways that definitely seem off.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Tech bros have terminal brain worms

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

wow! this poo poo sucks!

never mind that it's written and conceived like a loving US Bank ad, it 100% confirms that "only slow motion because no movement actually works with this" critique

also the main character is different in every shot. seems like a drawback, but what do I know I've only been doing film and tv for 20 years, i'm sure the tech guys are right and this is what everybody wants

Get with the times old man, you’re obsolete now!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's impossible to deny how good that video looks compared to even a couple months ago. I'm reminded of digital photographs (and eventually green screen) replacing hand painted backdrops in film; this quote from one of the last remaining scenics seems appropriate:

This absolutely isn't good enough for scripted television, but small-to-mid budget local advertising? Within months.

wrong idiot

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

This poo poo was nineteen months ago:

You’re right, AI is improving faster than your posting.

But they both still suck!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Don't be disingenuous

The Audacity of Dumb

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

My whole argument is that some people itt are underestimating the scope of these developments.

no we just have working eyes dipshit

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I worked in film for seven years and am in a big community of professional artists.

shocked you didn't make it big time, absolutely shocked

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Those jobs don't really exist anymore. News outlets don't hire photographers and videographers,

You are so far out of your element and up your own rear end you're just making poo poo up wholesale.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

News outlets don't hire photographers and videographers,

Film sure, photography no.

Which is it?

and just to continue pointing out how dumb you are

https://www.gettyimages.com/editorial-images

Well over 200 stories posted to this single wire service in the last 24 hours by working news photographers. But yeah, these people don't exist and no one hires photographers anymore, which is definitely relevant in your AI daydreams for a field that would definitely use AI and isn't 1000% the antithesis of it in every way imaginable.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Getty royalty payments have dropped 98.5% in the last twenty years.. Even Getty is doing badly: they have 15x as many photos for licensing as they did in 2006, but their revenue has decreased by more than half. This is a healthy industry full of lots of opportunities.

gettys editorial team get paid day rates on top of royalties dumbass.

What the gently caress does that have to do with your claim that news photographers don’t exist anymore

In short, shut the gently caress up donny, you’re out of your element. Nothing you’ve posted ITT has been relevant to the topic, I’m sure there’s another thread where you can jerk off to AI all you want with other weirdo idiots

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 15:11 on Mar 28, 2024

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Amen indeed :lmao:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/CleanestDiesel/status/1778938288897745150

lmao. Truly lovely art, but an incredible piece at the same time.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Prof. Spaceman posted:

This is some real body horror poo poo, they have like 4 torsos all melted into each other and some kind of tiger-meat brain tube.

wtf its just a picture of tiger jesus get your eyes checked

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

A mega huge KPOP group is using AI for their next MV and it looks like hot garbage, but fans can't stop defending it with the "actually they're criticizing it by using it!" excuse lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

A mega huge KPOP group is using AI for their next MV and it looks like hot garbage, but fans can't stop defending it with the "actually they're criticizing it by using it!" excuse lol

I'm an idiot and forgot to link it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOK790-wRhk

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

luchadornado posted:

"The toddler arms and tail coming out of my crotch"

PRO LIFE PARTY

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I love Pedro Pascal, Kristin Bell, Stanley, and 2002 Bam Margera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

There's been a sudden influx of AI generated plants. Like, images of house plants that just do not exist. I have to deal with people wanting to know "what is this plant I saw on Facebook??" quite often now.

incredible username + post

also, what happens if you ask google/apple to identify the fake plants? does that cause skynet?