Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

OP, I'm insanely jealous of this thing. The only thing I would consider over it would be a HiAce with the same pop up, but I would imagine that they command a massive premium vs this.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

With VW Camper prices (and most things VW tbh) being through the roof, the thinking person's get away from it all vehicle is an import Bongo for obvious reasons. This looks great!

It really does, and older VW prices are loving insane. I remember when you could get a running and driving ACVW for under $500 that didn't need a ton of work, just had a lot of patina. Wasserboxers were cheap too, but they were really hated back then (they're still hilariously unreliable today). Now? Bring your mortgage and jewelry along when negotiating for either of them. If I was smart I would have bought a few ACVW Beetles in the 90s and early 00s and thrown them in a storage unit...

Unless you want a serious VW project, it's easier (and cheaper) to import one of these. They're more reliable in general too, just keep common spare parts that aren't easy to get with you.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU