Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

euphronius posted:

Not feeling safe if I’m a ref rn

Lmao why, these are the two most coddled teams when it comes to calls this year. Only missing the Browns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
..am I wrong thinking the Eagles this year are the Vikings of last year?

While frustrating, they somehow manage to win it even with that ugly rear end offense.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

ravens-lions super bowl would be cool. dolphins-lions would be fun

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The 7th Guest posted:

ravens-lions super bowl would be cool.

NO.

NO IT WOULDN'T BE.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Criminal Minded posted:

When was the last time a QB this good had options this bad?

Lamar Jackson literally last year.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kirios posted:

TGS cursed the Chiefs too.

The curse wheel does not miss.

Hes going to replay every one of those drops over him spinning the wheel while laughing and I will love every moment

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
ooooh, that guy's mad

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

OneMoreTime posted:

I think the statement tonight is that wide receivers matter

1000%

Adam Thielen would do well on this team

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Shindragon posted:

While frustrating, they somehow manage to win it even with that ugly rear end offense.

Nah, looking at their schedule so far, and going forward, that's what it seems like. At this point, their only real remaining challenging games are the 49ers and I guess the Cowboys

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lamar Jackson literally last year.

lol yeah good call I forgot about the Ravens' WR woes

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shindragon posted:

their wins are all disgusting grindouts that are precarious until the very end

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

eagles 🤝 phillies
shutting up racist chants

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Shindragon posted:

No, not really.

This year's Cinderella story is prob the Texans / Lions.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

solarjetman posted:

The Broncos are 2 games out of first place

Jerry Jeudy would have caught every pass that the chiefs dropped.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Shindragon posted:

Idk they’ve had an ugly offense all year but they’ve got enough talent to just get a few big plays or let their all star o-line roll over people which has been enough. Maybe that falls apart in the playoffs or maybe they sustain any injuries and suddenly they’re not able to get the random spurts anymore

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Fire Andy Reid

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shindragon posted:

The Vikings got blasted by every good team they played last year

Eagles have grinded out some ugly wins vs good teams at least

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

No, the Vikings split between the negative point differential and the excellent record was an absurd outlier. The Eagles are grinding out ugly wins, but it's not a freak statistical anomaly like Minnesota was.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MoaM posted:

Lol, Chiefs didn't put up any points in the second half, I don't feel like that's happened in the Mahomes-era Chiefs.

It happened against the dolphins earlier this year

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Eagles are going to continue to grind out wins and then inexplicably lose to the Cardinals, who will then be able to claim that they beat the NFC East's two best teams, while losing to the two worst ones.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

solarjetman posted:

The Broncos are 2 games out of first place

:popeye:

nachos posted:

It happened against the dolphins earlier this year

Ah, OK.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

ravens-lions super bowl would be cool.

I’ve been told repeatedly for years now that the ravens are poo poo and Harbaugh is a garbage coach so certainly the Ravens won’t make the playoffs or win any playoff games if they somehow magically make it there.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

sure okay posted:

Fire Andy Reid

For what lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

texans in the SB would be cool if they didn't inevitably pick up a bunch of cowboy fan transplants in january

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Canned Sunshine posted:

Eagles are going to continue to grind out wins and then inexplicably lose to the Cardinals, who will then be able to claim that they beat the NFC East's two best teams, while losing to the two worst ones.

I mean possible. Kyle Murray ain't distracted by COD.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
okay I'm sorry I know the game is over what the gently caress was that latest Jesus commercial

since when are there non-apocryphal sources on Jesus having siblings, let alone describing a relationship with them

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

sure okay posted:

Fire Andy Reid

sure, okay

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If refs can instantly throw flags on that RTP, then the grounding should have been ever shorter

I think there are technical reasons for grounding to always be a flag that just gets dropped later. Like you've got to check with other guys if your own lying eyes didn't tell you the truth about out of the pocket/didn't get it back to the line/was there a receiver somewhere out there.

I mean it's dumb because we all see it instantly watching, but that's the reason for that one.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

texans in the SB would be cool if they didn't inevitably pick up a bunch of cowboy fan transplants in january

Nah you don’t need to worry about that. Cowboys are a religion in Texas - those fans are diehards.

There’s way more Cowboy fans than Texan fans in Houston - let alone the rest of the state.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

OneMoreTime posted:

For what lol
told his recievers to drop a perfectly thrown touchdown pass, presumably

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Grittybeard posted:

I think there are technical reasons for grounding to always be a flag that just gets dropped later. Like you've got to check with other guys if your own lying eyes didn't tell you the truth about out of the pocket/didn't get it back to the line/was there a receiver somewhere out there.

I mean it's dumb because we all see it instantly watching, but that's the reason for that one.

I mean on the brightside, least they are being consistent with the intentional grounding calls compared to last year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MoaM posted:

Lol, Chiefs didn't put up any points in the second half, I don't feel like that's happened in the Mahomes-era Chiefs.

Dolphins held them in the second half to 0 points

Edit whoa that was a time slip

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also the browns have no qb but they could still pull off at least one playoff upset that would completely change the SB matchup

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

CapnAndy posted:

okay I'm sorry I know the game is over what the gently caress was that latest Jesus commercial

since when are there non-apocryphal sources on Jesus having siblings, let alone describing a relationship with them

mary and joseph had several kids after jesus, james among them

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
loving hell, I shouldn't be mad at a loss after 7 years of success, but loving hell that loss made me so mad

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

quiggy posted:

mary and joseph had several kids after jesus, james among them
well that commercial was talking like jesus and james didn't like each other very much

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Still sitting in disbelief lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"Dallas sucks" chant

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The 7th Guest posted:

also the browns have no qb but they could still pull off at least one playoff upset that would completely change the SB matchup

Totally agree. Browns can beat anyone any week, they just can't win 4 straight against good teams. At least not until Flacco takes over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Canned Sunshine posted:

I mean, if the Eagles win the SB, I'm happy for pretty much all the Eagles fans except probably CapnAndy, but the Eagles really have no amazing, standout victories this season that gives me much confidence of that. I guess the Cowboys and Dolphins?

Losing to the Jets for the first time ever is a generational sin that no penance can atone.