Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Reich and Thomas Brown built the offense together, supposedly.

Nothing changed at all when brown was calling plays: in fact things kinda got worse.

Arians said he and Leftwich also collaborated on the offense in Tampa but when given full control Leftwich loving sucked. It think “we built the offense together” really means “I let him suggest some things but I was still in charge of what goes in and what concepts we’re going to lean on.”

If left to his own devices I doubt Brown would have built that offense. And being handed playcalling duties but shackled to someone else’s lovely playbook is a pretty bad deal as well. Guess we will see what Brown does now that he’s got free reign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Bobby Slowik
Mike McDonald
Ben Johnson

That's all I got as far as HC candidates. Any interesting College coaches that may make the jump?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I feel like every week Herbert has a chance to win the game at the end and he really doesn't as much as you would think he would.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

deion, baby.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Great organization over there

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Panthers did this solely to sabotage the Bears getting the #1 pick, they're gonna rattle off a bunch of wins now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Can they bring Steve Wilks back?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

They aren’t going to give up after a single year, they would be beyond stupid

Bryce has shown nothing that should earn him a guaranteed starting position next season. They should go into camp and have an open comp with whomever they bring in. If the hc job is contingent upon fixing Bryce they’ll they might as well hire king rhabuf.

mcmagic posted:

Can they bring Steve Wilks back?

I legit think this is what they should do

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Panthers just speed running to become a joke franchise that nobody will want to go to. I feel bad for Panthers fans

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Every time you have a terrible bust QB and fire your one and done coach, Sean Payton will be parachuted in to fix it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Every time you have a terrible bust QB and fire your one and done coach, Sean Payton will be parachuted in to fix it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Pete Carmichael slithers into teppers ear.

“Got a short qb, huh?”

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Redzone didn't cover this one yesterday

https://twitter.com/mikerenner_/status/1729167585923715442

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bryce stared him down for about five to six steps too.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
anyone want to trade for a generational point guard QB? gently used (sacked 40 times). no returns.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tato posted:

anyone want to trade for a generational point guard QB? gently used (sacked 40 times). no returns.

Bryce Young for Zach Wilson...... Who says no?

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

lol at the Rams coached fired during preseason. that would be the funniest poo poo imaginable nowadays

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
What I learned today is that I’m really loving glad David Tepper owns the Panthers.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FizFashizzle posted:

Bryce stared him down for about five to six steps too.

Bryce has looked like poo poo, but I'd hope we can all agree that one is entirely the WRs fault. Under pressure, on the run, Bryce throws the ball to the open spot of field the WR should be in, yet for some reason the receiver out runs it to go out of bounds.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Bryce Young for Zach Wilson...... Who says no?

Rodgers :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I can easily be convinced that WR was in on some points shaving fix.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

b0ng posted:

What I learned today is that I’m really loving glad David Tepper owns the Panthers.

I think from Houston's perspective, the best part is how Tepper tore up the deal that would have given the Texans #1 (where they presumably would have taken Stroud) and the Panthers #2 just because he was getting antsy. Basically just let the Texans keep all their picks so they could use them to get Will Anderson into the bargain.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
This is an amazing stat

https://x.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1729164176415928362?s=20

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Matt Canada is a generational talent

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Bryce has looked like poo poo, but I'd hope we can all agree that one is entirely the WRs fault. Under pressure, on the run, Bryce throws the ball to the open spot of field the WR should be in, yet for some reason the receiver out runs it to go out of bounds.

Mingo I guess can slow down there but that route was open as soon as Bryce turned.

Then he was being chased and he just held on to it for a while for whatever reason.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Black Lighter posted:

Seems like a good time for Panthers fans to switch to, I dunno, the Ravens. New team of the South.

Bad idea, word on the street is that they're a cursed franchise that brings unimaginable levels of pain and sorrow to anyone daring to root for them.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's true. Haven't won a Superbowl in over a decade.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It will take a week or two to tell how much of that is getting rid of Canada and how much is just defenses needing film on a Steelers team utilizing a whole bunch of poo poo Canada refused to call, like throws over the middle.

I'm betting they are consistently better than Canada ever put up, but that the 400+ yard game is a bit of an outlier.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's true. Haven't won a Superbowl in over a decade.

eventhorizon.gif

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Pete Carmichael slithers into teppers ear.

“Got a short qb, huh?”

Like? You can have the authentic thing. No trades or compensation necessary.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Thats why I always say fire these bums. If your OC sucks and you know they can do better with the talent they have then get rid of them. You can start doing better the very next game

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’ll point out that they still only managed 16 points even if they did move the ball better

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol, incredible

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Thats why I always say fire these bums. If your OC sucks and you know they can do better with the talent they have then get rid of them. You can start doing better the very next game

This only works if you can actually find a qualified OC mid season though, like it’s really easy to fire someone for being mid and then realize you found someone way worse

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

It will take a week or two to tell how much of that is getting rid of Canada and how much is just defenses needing film on a Steelers team utilizing a whole bunch of poo poo Canada refused to call, like throws over the middle.

I'm betting they are consistently better than Canada ever put up, but that the 400+ yard game is a bit of an outlier.

bengals defense kinda sucks also, and then the bengals offense is even worse now. also 400 yards but only 16 points?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

wilderthanmild posted:

They've averaged like 150 yards plus rushing for a few games now, so it's not like 250 yards passing is any kind of accomplishment to start worrying about Pickett

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

bengals defense kinda sucks also, and then the bengals offense is even worse now. also 400 yards but only 16 points?

I mean they are still working with Kenny Pickett here let’s not get too crazy

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

mcmagic posted:

I really wish I had it in me to switch teams. It just wouldn't feel right.

Best I can do is root for a friend's team or the underdog for a game, but switching teams isn't going to happen for me. For better or worse, that's my team.

Codependent Poster posted:

Panthers just speed running to become a joke franchise that nobody will want to go to. I feel bad for Panthers fans

I keep thinking about that image that someone posted that has the W/L percentage of every team in the four major American sports leagues since 2019 on it and that the Panthers are dead last on it, and that it will only continue to get worse with Tepper around

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

mcmagic posted:

I feel like every week Herbert has a chance to win the game at the end and he really doesn't as much as you would think he would.

They have seven losses and in 5 of them Herbert had the ball with less than 3 minutes in the 4th quarter (except for the titans game, which was in OT) down a single score and not only did the offense not score, they imploded spectacularly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
At this point I need to see Herbert throw a pick 6 in the final 2 minutes to really put a bow on this 2023 season.