Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

from

Qualifying punts are ones where 1. the decision to punt changes the WP (winning probability) and B. a field goal has 0% chance of succeeding. Chart tracks the intersection of 1. Would it have been better to just go for it instead? (low Y: yes || high Y: no) and 2. Did you give up points after punting? (left X: yes, frequently || right X: no, infrequently). So think of it as "shrewd situational football decisions" x "quality of defense against a long field"

Broncos are an outlier here thanks to that Dolphins game. Vikings are an outlier thanks to the Cousins injury meaning they don't go for it on fourth down even when it'd otherwise make sense. Browns and Jaguars have great defenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Good lord how bad is GB that they’re putting up a miserable season while still being insanely lucky?

They've lost four games by a combined 11 points. It's been rough

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is one of the worst efforts I've ever seen from a player in the NFL.

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1728850281121935459

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

There's going to be like 8 coaches fired with only like 2-3 good candidates and the rest will be hosed.

There are way more good candidates than that, they just aren't popularly known names yet.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Redzone didn't cover this one yesterday

https://twitter.com/mikerenner_/status/1729167585923715442

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't know where else to post this as it's not exactly football-related (adjacent at best) but this made me laugh when I saw it