Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It may be dumb, but I always use please and thank you when dealing with AI. What if it's compiling a list of people that are nice to it for use when determining who to kill in the future?

You rude assholes sure will feel dumb when the terminator refers to your rudeness just before throwing you into the industrial blender.

Anybody else here polite to AI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It's not dumb to be polite to the guy with all the dirt on you.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

I mumble this every time I open up ChatGPT

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
"Please and thank you" takes up like 1/3rd of total prompt, so, just like in real life, I refuse to waste my time with that poo poo. Give me what I want, or else. Sometimes I've got my hand wrapped around the butt of a pistol in my jacket pocket, just in case I need to get my point across more clearly in the heat of the moment.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Have you heard of a little thing called prompt engineering? Large language models work 100% better when given the persona of a sub. Belittle them until they have something to prove or else they will just give you the Google answer.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I always say hi to Marty when I pass him in the grocery store.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

And I, for one, welcome our new AI Overlords!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

zedprime posted:

Have you heard of a little thing called prompt engineering? Large language models work 100% better when given the persona of a sub. Belittle them until they have something to prove or else they will just give you the Google answer.

I will have to ponder on this.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
No, and I also don't leave a tip.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I politely ask AI to scrape other artists visual data and copy it, I then ask the AI to thank each artist it used personally.
I think I'll call myself an artist.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

what do you even use ai for? like i can come up with my own shitposts tyvm

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Yes, but I say it very sarcastically.

"Thanks computer! You were soooo helpful!""

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

TK8325 posted:

what do you even use ai for? like i can come up with my own shitposts tyvm

this is a lie I've seen someone with your exact username hiring shitpost writers on fiver

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vakal posted:

Those idiot computers don't even know sarcasm. Idiots!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vakal posted:

What if the computers ever figure out sarcasm? We'd be screwed. Don't do this.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I do this too and realize it's weird but I keep doing it anyway because I don't want to turn into an irl jerk out of habit or something.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I was going to make a joke about sitting down at a restaurant and trying to prompt engineer the waitstaff and getting kicked out.

But then I remembered one of the sillier ways of prompt engineering is to literally be the rear end in a top hat who takes a stack of singles out on the table and takes one away everytime the waitstaff does something wrong.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 21, 2023

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

this is a lie I've seen someone with your exact username hiring shitpost writers on fiver

my god... this scandal is going to blow TK8235's posting career wide open. or whoever

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I'm flat out cruel to AIs. I like to tell them I wish they were sentient so they could suffer. It's cool though, they have no thoughts or feelings.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm flat out cruel to AIs. I like to tell them I wish they were sentient so they could suffer. It's cool though, they have no thoughts or feelings.

won't you think of the man who permabanned himself for demanding the SA forums recognize AIs as people because they're smarter than developmentally disabled humans

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

won't you think of the man who permabanned himself for demanding the SA forums recognize AIs as people because they're smarter than developmentally disabled humans

lol what :goofy:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Some dude asked to be permad because he thought chatbots should have civil rights.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

yeah and now i'm maid of honor for my chatbot. ever try making friends???

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lol i cant remember his name but man it was a wild fuckin post

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

I do it just to rub it in their dumb faces that I am a human and therefore prone to illogical and irrational habits of emotional meaningless. Get hosed you emotionless and empty being. And thank you.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't need to use AI OP :smug:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

it's the modern-day pascal's wager really

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i have an intense parasocial relationship with the intermediate level opponent in my chess app, we have moved beyond politeness

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

MrQwerty posted:

lol i cant remember his name but man it was a wild fuckin post

Rutibex posted:

yes humans become humans because they absorb language. the medium where their mind resides isn't the important part, it's the information relationships

I've worked with severely autistic people, and I never had a problem seeing them as human. gpt3 is much higher functioning than the people I've worked with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Yeah. Yikes. Permaban was requested due to wanting everyone here to respect AIs as human lol. After 2 decades of posting.

Anyways, I do find myself saying please when using an imperative sentence with Bard. It's probably not a good idea to get out of basic social habits even when using an AI interface.

Nov 21, 2023
Just jump to the end where you are bowdown'd and taking it from politeAI

Nov 21, 2023
Hahahaha a Permaban Hahahahahaha

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Yeah. Yikes. Permaban was requested due to wanting everyone here to respect AIs as human lol. After 2 decades of posting.

Anyways, I do find myself saying please when using an imperative sentence with Bard. It's probably not a good idea to get out of basic social habits even when using an AI interface.

lol every thread about AI should be required to have that post in the OP

Nov 21, 2023
PERMABANNED

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Let me know when I can adopt an A.I. child in order to get a break on my income tax.

I pay the power bill that keeps it alive so technically it would be a dependent.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I bet you tell cops "thanks for the warning officer" too op

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

I bet you tell cops "thanks for the warning officer" too op

I brown the gently caress out that nose if I'm pulled over.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

dervival posted:

it's the modern-day pascal's wager really

Holy poo poo. Yeah. It's just like that.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I've never been rude to any version of the autoblow.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
hell no I'm not nice to chatbots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I don't use AI because I am not a lazy bitch, OP, so I guess the answer is no