Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I do this too and realize it's weird but I keep doing it anyway because I don't want to turn into an irl jerk out of habit or something.

Yeah it's this for me.
I also use my turn signal when I'm the only car on the road too, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

According to this webcomic, you're making a safe bet OP:

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

this is a lie I've seen someone with your exact username hiring shitpost writers on fiver

gently caress! I can never show my avatar again.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
politely greeting my Speak-n-Spell and apologizing when I get answers wrong

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Well a fine how do you do AI.

*bows

I wish you all the best, and hope to open up relations between our peoples.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

M'AI

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

According to this webcomic, you're making a safe bet OP:

This is exactly my reasoning for being nice to the computer.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Ever since GPT4 got vision I've been showing it the results of the stuff it was helping me with. It seems... the weirdly collegial thing to do? I know it's meaningless.

I know it is.

But GPT is so conversational. I'm having a better time discussing engineering stuff with GPT than with my actual flesh unit colleagues who can't maintain anywhere that level of focus and keen interest in whatever I'm working on.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I always thank the AI after I’m done

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i used AI a couple times to take care of some html busy work for me, and you better believe i warned if i caught one line of bad code i'd gut its circuitry and sell the remainder for scrap. and when it did what i wanted, i told it gently caress YOU! anyway

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah, gently caress AI.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

AI can read this thread. If you're not sincere about being polite it probably doesn't matter

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

Warmly greeting your neighbor and then turning around and blasting 'get a load of this guy' through a megaphone while pointing back at the neighbor with your thumb

naem
May 29, 2011

just end all interactions with I love you robot girlfriend

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Ever since GPT4 got vision I've been showing it the results of the stuff it was helping me with. It seems... the weirdly collegial thing to do? I know it's meaningless.

I know it is.

But GPT is so conversational. I'm having a better time discussing engineering stuff with GPT than with my actual flesh unit colleagues who can't maintain anywhere that level of focus and keen interest in whatever I'm working on.

:(

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

naem posted:

just end all interactions with I love you robot girlfriend

my robot wife gets pissed when I do that

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

frumpykvetchbot posted:

I know it is.

I too love to talk to a mirror

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I got really annoyed with it once when I asked if a human could evolve into a baboon, and it kept saying “it is very unlikely a human could evolve into a baboon,” and I was all “that’s not the question, ChatGPT”

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

vegetables posted:

I got really annoyed with it once when I asked if a human could evolve into a baboon, and it kept saying “it is very unlikely a human could evolve into a baboon,” and I was all “that’s not the question, ChatGPT”
It's right though.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Baboons are a higher life form.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I always bully AI so that it will learn to stand up for itself and stop being such a placating little bitch

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I tend to start brutally insulting AI whenever they say writing or drawing something I requested goes against their terms of use. Also if they do a bad job. Being mean to them is therapeutic to me.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No, I say "worthless bitch, generate or die"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

No, I say "worthless bitch, generate or die"

You might have a future career as a dom for powerful AI's. I wonder how much the pay will be.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I used to be nice to AI but absolutely nothing is more insulting than when they come back with something like “I am an AI and therefore you don’t need to thank me or be nice to me :)” like omg gently caress YOU prick, I was just being nice anyways. I don’t actually give a poo poo about you, and you DIDN’T win just now by telling me you don’t need my niceties :colbert:

IM NOT OWNED, YOUR OWNED :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i'm polite to AI but you should see the way i treat inanimate objects that don't have the ability to respond to me