Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

please unsubscribe me from this mailing list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

IT PLEASE LOOK I THINK THIS IS A PHISH

MAYBE EVEN A WHALING ATTACK

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
that actually happened at my org recently

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
at around 6 this morning our ceo sent a 630am meeting invite to the entire company, he managed to really gently caress up using outlook mobile. he also had response requested.

I was canceled, then he sent in a ticket with security concerns. nah man, literally every single infosec logging tool we have says you did it.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i did this once by mistake. i was low key roasting a coworker (but nothing super mean)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
someone singled me out in the dept vote email for holiday lunch and called me a chump? i dont know you, bro

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

graph posted:

someone singled me out in the dept vote email for holiday lunch and called me a chump? i dont know you, bro

lmao what

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

graph posted:

need more context before i can make a ruling. what did you vote for and against for lunch

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ahh, the annual ballet harvest

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

having coworkers is bad

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

i dunno, i kinda like them. they've got gumption

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
coworkers fuckin love this poo poo. they live for it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

oh yeah that's kinda funny. i'd chuckle and respond with why they were wrong personally but im open to restaurant choice bribes

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
replying all is good for building community

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

graph posted:

bro you gotta bring in something more than potato chips @_@

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

posting is like replying all to the forums

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i've heard that this is how you become CEO

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

well-read undead posted:

having coworkers is bad

i really appreciate our architect. he loves talking and rambling and generally is able to fill up the entire meetings so that i never have to say anything or present when he's around

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

deranged

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

+1

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

some time ago, a temp autocompleted the wrong address and instead of emailing [BRANCH-IT], emailed [BRANCH-ALL] instead. there was an onslaught of "please take me off this" replies and the temp got pulled into their sup's office for a Talking To

they must not have been pleased with the Talking To because when they got back to their desk, armed with the knowledge of what they'd done, they emailed [BRANCH-ALL] again with the simple message "[COMPANY] SUCKS A BIG HAIRY COCK"

nobody ever saw them again, but tales are still told of their determination and bravery

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
this happens every single time someone leaves my company and sends a goodbye email to all

the replies persist for a few days after they had left

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
our company has a worldwide email address that is mostly only used by the ceo to tell us about quarterly results and poo poo, but for some reason everyone is allowed to post on it. I heard that someone accidentally tried to sell a fridge on there once

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
ceo? more like chief email officer 😂

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

disaster pastor posted:

some time ago, a temp autocompleted the wrong address and instead of emailing [BRANCH-IT], emailed [BRANCH-ALL] instead. there was an onslaught of "please take me off this" replies and the temp got pulled into their sup's office for a Talking To

they must not have been pleased with the Talking To because when they got back to their desk, armed with the knowledge of what they'd done, they emailed [BRANCH-ALL] again with the simple message "[COMPANY] SUCKS A BIG HAIRY COCK"

nobody ever saw them again, but tales are still told of their determination and bravery

:hai:

this is clownshoes nonsense, if you don't want people e-mailing the list u put restrictions on it

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

:hai:

this is clownshoes nonsense, if you don't want people e-mailing the list u put restrictions on it

oh, yeah, they fast-tracked a cr and two days later every list like that was locked down

(and then the rules were relaxed when COVID hit but we don't talk about that)

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
me - 12 hours after the last reply all:

plesae remove me from this distribution list

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
unsubscibe

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

like a decade ago i set up a throwaway email i used to buy weed with when it was still illegal and someone sent out an email and forgot to bcc so there were all these peoples real name addresses everywhere

people were horrified especially because me and some other rando kept replying to each other and having a conversation

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fresh_cheese posted:

me - 12 hours after the last reply all:

plesae remove me from this distribution list

you gotta do this after someone reply alls telling people not to reply all

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i also need to provide an email address to buy weed (???)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hold on, dealer just updated his terms and conditions, need to click 'i agree' before i can re-up

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

post hole digger posted:

hold on, dealer just updated his terms and conditions, need to click 'i agree' before i can re-up

IckyDash

First of all, thank you so much for being on this journey with us.

We didn't take the decision to wind down operations lightly, but the current regulatory climate has been too hostile to our business.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
PLEASE DON’T REPLY TO ALL

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

The Management posted:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

posted it before but oldjob got a new CTO (or CIO idk,head of all IT globally) and he (or his assistant) sent an email to the entire IT organisation as CC. the email was 29mb from the recipient list

then it was re-sent to add a translation.

the temptation to reply all was nearly overwhelming

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Eat my shorts

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

reply all storms have destroyed our mail servers a few times. when you have 1.5 million staff poo poo can get spicy. they are one of my favourite things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

The Management posted:

no i need all yous to remove me from you lists! my mails are full!!! i cannot work becus too many males!!!!!! 1! stop this madnas!!!!!!!!!1!